April is HERE!!! Any other April WTTers???

sun

Mum of 3
Reaction score
We will be TTC toward the end of April!!! :happydance:
Until then I will be enjoying my little Bun and getting my body strong, eating well, and taking lots of iron and folic acid!!!
Just working on strengthening my abs and doing my kegels to make sure they are ready for #2! :thumbup:
xx

*bump*

No one WTT in April / May??
We could keep each other company!!!
xx

:cry: I was supposed to be April but OH proposed in December so been moved back to TTC for a honeymoon baby in September.

Otherwise you know I would be in here like a shot! :rofl:

After my christmas day gift of OH deciding that we are TTC 2010... I'm getting my Implanon out tomorrow and we will be TTC 3 months after that which makes it 21st April! So I guess I'm with you at that time =D

Holy crap that's the first time I've written that down!

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!! Seeing it written down makes it feel so close!!! We're waiting until May but still it's soooo close :happydance: I can't wait!!!! Are you as excited as me? :flower:

:cry: I was supposed to be April but OH proposed in December so been moved back to TTC for a honeymoon baby in September.

Otherwise you know I would be in here like a shot! :rofl:

Congrats on the engagement!!! :happydance: But feel free to stop by - we're all waiting the next three months - you are just WTT a little longer after that.
And who knows, judging by my history I might still be in TTC when you get there LOL

After my christmas day gift of OH deciding that we are TTC 2010... I'm getting my Implanon out tomorrow and we will be TTC 3 months after that which makes it 21st April! So I guess I'm with you at that time =D

Holy crap that's the first time I've written that down!

HaHa - now you have written it down - makes it more real!!!

Are you or Whoppy-pop doing anything special before TTC?? I am taking vitamins and folic acid - but any other suggestions would be welcome! I am also doing my kegels - I didn't do any last time, but since this is #2 I think I need to tone up LOL...

April/May will be here in no time! WOOOOOO! :happydance:

xx

I'm trying to tone up my tummy a bit and will be taking Folic acid as of next month. I would try to loose some weight too but I lost a stone and a half with morning sickness and I'm half a stone lighter now than I was at my booking apt, so I think I'll hang onto my generous reserves!

A bit odd but I'm going to make sure my horse is nice and fit so that I can get her loaned out before TTC too. Last time I felt so sick for the 1st 17 weeks that there was no way I could go riding.

Sun deffo keep working on those kegels!

We will be TTC (if I get my way) around that time! I can't wait! I get so excited that I can't sleep sometimes...I know that sounds crazy but I want to be a mommy so much :)

It does seem very real now - especially talking to others that are doing the same thing!

I am taking folic acid and have been for about a month now. I'm going to go shopping on Monday for prenatal vitamins, I'm currently taking Omega 3 but nothing else so need to fix that.

I've also cut out caffeine and alcohol (not that I had much of either before) and trying to not eat so much junk food.

I'm going to get the Implanon out at 3pm so I suppose that is another thing I'm doing to get prepared =D

Apart from that I'm a bit of a crafter and have made about 10 hats and 5 pairs of socks already. Oops! (And nearly two blankets and half a jumper but who's counting!) Even if we got pregnant straight away, half this stuff wouldn't be worn for over a year =S

I'm getting married on April 7th and will be ntnp for no.1 from then (or a few days before), so very early April for me.

I've been taking folic acid since September and have also cut down on my drinking (although that's more so I can pay the bills!!). At least I know now that I won't really miss alcohol- it's a treat not a norm for me to have more than 1 or 2 drinks a week at the moment, even though I go out 3 nights a week to the pub!!

I can't believe it's less than 3 months away!! :happydance::happydance::cloud9:

Beca :wave:

Buttercup I'm a bit of a crafter too! I made 2 blankets, hats, jumpers, cardies and room decorations last time too. Not sure I'll get as much of a chance next time round but I'll deffo be making another blanket.

Beca I've had no more than 1 drink a week and only 6 drinks in total since March 08! I feel t total! Funnily I craved red wine when I was pg, even through morning sickness. Obviously I didn't drink any, but I used to cook with it so that I could smell it and get a bit of the flavour.

I've just found out that one of pregnancy buddies on another forum is 4 weeks pg, I'm sooooooooooo happy for her but my life am I jealous!!! Still not long to go!

I'm sure by the time we are all bump buddies I will have made enough for at least 10 babies so I could see some bump buddy gifts distributing around bnb =D

We are ttc in May!! Can't wait! :baby:
I was shopping in Boots earlier and all the folic acid tablets seem to be in tablets or capsules. Does anybody know if anywhere does chewable tablets or medicine instead?? I have a phobia of swallowing tablets (pathetic I know). Amy xx

Amy I've just quickly googled chewable folic acid tablets and found an old website that mentions chewable prenatal tablets so they definately exist. Maybe pop down to your chemists and ask if they stock them. The website mentioned that a GP may be able to prescribe chewable ones too. So fingers crossed! If you find some please let me know as I'm usually fine taking tablets but when the MS kicks in I can't even put a toothbrush in my mouth without gagging, let alone swallow a tablet!

I had a friend who had the same phobia of tablets and she used to take kids medicines when she was sick because she couldn't take pills. But she couldn't find anything and just had to take the pills with food.

And on other things - just got my Implanon out! OUCH!!! It wasn't for coming out so had the doctor pulling at my arm for 45 minutes! She said 5 minutes in 'oh your a bleeder' NOT HELPING!

They were really sweet though as I told them we will be TTC and they were saying things like 'oh childbirth will be nothing to you after this' lol and they wished us well with TTC.

But still - my arm hurts. OUCH!!!

Another step closer now Buttercup! LOL I can't believe she said "you're a bleeder" I think I'd have passed out or shoved her off me at that point!

I cut out coffee a few years back when my coffee drinking was getting out of control. Before mat leave I worked in a really long hours stressful job so I was drinking coffee from 8am to 9pm when I would leave LOL. Now I drink mostly green tea which I love! That first cup when you are looking for a coffee substitute is pretty unfulfilling though! :coffee: And I used to go to the pub a few times a week with coworkers or friends a few times a week. and it is so strange that I haven't really drank anything (except for a drink on christmas and one on ny) since March of last year!!! Crazy!

Chloes mum, is there anywhere where you can get folic acid in liquid form? I know someone who has difficulty swallowing tablets and always gets hers as a liquid, but I don't know if they have it in folic acid - but maybe a liquid multivitamin that has folic acid in it? Or a liquid prenatal vitamin?

Buttercup - ouch! 45min to get it out? When they were trying to put an IV in during my labour it took 3 tries and they said the same thing to me - oh you're a bleeder! What? Sure, when you do a crappy job with the needle who isn't?? :haha:

I wish I was a bit crafty - my sister crocheted Bun the cutest hat with bear ears on it and a gorgeous blanket. The hat is getting too small though and I wish I could replace it. She could go into business making the stuff - it looks professional!

Its so great to have all you ladies WTT with!!! This spring seems SO soon! I wasn't part of BnB when I was TTC last time so I didn't get to read up on all the tricks and secret TTC weapons - we just TDT as often as possible. Hopefully this time it will work faster since I will know more.

My periods haven't gone back to normal yet though - I wonder how long that takes after giving birth. I would have thought by now, but no. I am breastfeeding so that could make my TTC chances really low - but there are girls on the bf forum that are pg so I have hope!!!

xx

Definately have hope Sun. I know a lady who was still BF, hadn't had AF and she fell PG when her LO was 7 months. She only decided to TTC when he was 6 months on the off chance!

I BF and I got my 1st AF when Amelia was 5 months.

I am a member of another forum but didn't join there until I was 20 weeks so missed out on the TTC part too, but having said that Amelia was a happy accident!

It's so exciting and I'm glad there are a few of us all trying at around the same time! Nice to meet you all! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->