April Mummies 2011

mine haven't changed size despite my milk coming in - I'm cheated :(

I cried too when I was going home from hospital... but only because I had to leave without Ollie :(
Im so jealous of you all having your LOs at home with you! I want mine so so bad!

Has anyone elses boobs gone smaller than they originally were? lol mine have... and I didnt have much to start off with!

Hope he's home with you soon, can't imagine how hard it must be :hugs:

Hate to brag but I've gone from tiny to massive! Have a feeling that once I stop breast feeding it's not going to be pretty though...

woohoo parenting thread!

Alexander (Alex) was born at home in a birthing pool 11.55pm on 13.4.11 weighing 8lb9! naughtly little boy was back to back :).

At the moment he favourite thing to do is keep mummy and daddy awake at night! he is bright and alert and a proper little wriggler :D

ooh and boob engorgement! ouch, but think mine have only got a little bigger-than god! I resembled pamela anderson for a few hours!! xx

woohoo parenting thread!

Alexander (Alex) was born at home in a birthing pool 11.55pm on 13.4.11 weighing 8lb9! naughtly little boy was back to back :).

At the moment he favourite thing to do is keep mummy and daddy awake at night! he is bright and alert and a proper little wriggler :D

ooh and boob engorgement! ouch, but think mine have only got a little bigger-than god! I resembled pamela anderson for a few hours!! xx

https://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/217377_1768134528059_1380089146_31762111_1325396_n.jpg

My Ollie had wind haha :3 Hes going to have such a cute smile!

Gem he's precious!!!

Congrats to all the April mommies, so excited for this thread!!!

Elizabeth was born April 11 at 8:16 am and weighed 6 lbs 13 oz and was 19 1/2" long. She was also back to back but nurse had me go on bed on all fours with bean bag under tummy for support. 20 min later and she had turned herself.

I'm a first time Mom and am attempting breastfeeding. Lizzie took to it right away and it seemed so easy. No nipple pain, my milk came in on the third day, and she was back to birth weight by day 5.

1 week into it and it's totally stressing me out. She feeds ALL the time for like 5-10 minutes, I'm obsessed with diaper counts and just feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all.

Today is DH's first day back at work so it's just the two of us. The only thing I managed was to brush my teeth and have lunch, I guess that's a decent accomplishment this early on.

Any other BF'ing mommies out there, Dana sounds like you are. How is it going for you so far?

I so needed this thread, will be so nice to keep in touch with everyone :)

gem he is soo cute!!!

bernina- ive got rosie attached to the boob right now. its stressful but im also having a pretty easy time with it. we HAD to introduce a binki though for the same reason- feeding every 5-10 minutes! she just likes tp suck

Gem hes gorgeous!
Gassy grins are wonderful :D

Attachments

• 8bf09af8.jpg
    8bf09af8.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 6
Aw... loving the gassy pics! I haven't taken one of Ava yet, but here is a pic of my lil princess with her headband on lol :flower:
View attachment 194480

On another note, my dh is off this week as well and while its nice having him home im overwhelmed about handling both kids when he does return to work...Im also emotional about the way i look which i know is all normal but my dh is tired of me crying all the time and not knowing what is wrong lol :haha:

EmmysMommy I find myself breaking into tears all the time and it drives my DH crazy as well since he has no idea what to do for me. Truth is I don't even know why I'm crying half the time, darn hormones!!

Lizzie is currently napping on my chest which is wonderful but I'm super thirsty and too afraid to get up for fear of waking her!

bernina- i started pumping in the hospital, got really overwhelmed with everything and decided to stop until i got home. getting my home pump tomorrow but because i started my milk has come in and now my once huge boobs are now ginormous and hurt like a sob. hot wash clothes helped a ton tho.

hard to imagine my life without my lil peanut, so glad i decided to become a mommy. so fulfilling. :cloud9:

emmysmommy - I am worried about juggling the 2 children too, especially as I will be breastfeeding again and know how attached babies can be in the first few weeks, my little man is only 2 and a whirlwind!!!! I am dreading it! LOL! But he is helpful and i know he will try and help, although sometimes it doesnt! How are you finding it so far?

I love the photos of all gorgeous bubbas - I am still getting booted from the inside. I have one stubborn baby on my case!

Isla Dawn born on 10/04/2011
She's still in the newborn sleeping/eating/pooping stage!

Ohh for breastfeeding mummies - I use these and got some new ones this time round. They are gel-filled and can be both thrown in the freezer and left to defreeze for a few moments before placing on breast to cool down when in pain with engorged breasts, or can be warmed up and placed inside bra. They are a bit steep at around 10 pounds but i gopt them from sainsburys when there was a third off. Here is a link..https://www.oscardehn.com/showdetails.asp?name=breast+nurse%99

HTH :flower:

Does anyone need any breast pads? I've got 2, maybe 3 unopened boxes that I can post out when I'm in town on tuesday. THINK there's maybe 1 box of asda little angels and maybe a tommee tipped box if i can find it amongst all the other stuff!
I had a big supply issue so stopped BFing early and gave dried up already.

emmysmommy - I am worried about juggling the 2 children too, especially as I will be breastfeeding again and know how attached babies can be in the first few weeks, my little man is only 2 and a whirlwind!!!! I am dreading it! LOL! But he is helpful and i know he will try and help, although sometimes it doesnt! How are you finding it so far?

My little girl seems to be adjusting ok to the baby. She did start striving for attention when we got home, which i expected, and while dh is home he plays with her while i tend to the baby. It will be interesting to see how things go starting next week when dh is back at work!

That is what I was thinking - when DH returns to work!!! Although in all fairness, he is self-employed so doesn;t get paid for paternal leave - therefore will be returning quite soon after the birth - eek!

Aww Cottles - Toby is adorable :)
Emmys - Ava is so pretty!
Absolutely gorgeous babies x

Ah Im really proud of Ollie today. The least hes taken by bottle is 30ml :) Hes taken 3 full bottles all on his own!
He needs to take 24 hours worth of bottles though fully and easily before hes allowed home. Fingers crossed he keeps it up and Ill have him home before I know it <3

Sooner I get him home the better aswell as things with FOB are starting to turn nasty :( 3 days out of 7 hes had me in tears and enough is enough.
At least once I get Ollie home I can control who sees him and when, but in the hospital even though they know FOB has threatened to take Ollie away from me they still let him in without me :/ I cant do anything for worrying!

Aww Gem I'm so sorry you have the added stress of FOB to deal with. Just try to focus on all the progress that Ollie is making and like you said once you have him home you can control who gets to see him and when.

It really sounds like Ollie is doing great and getting stronger and stronger. He's a tough little guy for sure!

Here's a pic of Lizzie I'm thinking of using for her birth announcement.

She is so cute, currently cuddled on Daddy's chest while they're both sound asleep.

Attachments

• DSC_4927-grey outfit.jpg
    DSC_4927-grey outfit.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 7
Bernina, I'm breast feeding and at the moment it feels like Matilda is constantly latched on! The midwife said it's normal in the early days as they are trying to establish the supply. As I've written this OH has just handed her to me, she only stopped feeding about 20 mins ago and he has been trying to settle her ever since!

That picture is adorable, look at all that hair x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"