April mummies 2014 :)

SazzleR

Reaction score
I posted in the April Flowers thread about starting a new thread for us to chat as our LOs grow and a few ladies said they thought it would be a great idea.

So introduce your LOs and I'll keep a list on the front page here :cloud9:

To start off, Leo Christopher entered the world at 11.35pm on 24.4 weighing 8lb 5oz. I got my much wanted home birth :D but after a very quick labour of 3 hours, I had no choice but to do it all completely naturally as the second MW with the gas & air didn't arrive in time :dohh:

April babies 2014

31st March - Tristan :blue: 8lb 9oz

1st - Odin Alexander :blue: 8lb 5.5oz; Caitlin Rose :pink: 6lb 6oz
2nd - Colton :blue: 7lb 11oz
3rd - Eli :blue: 6lb 14oz
10th - Charlotte Mary :pink: 7lb 15oz
12th - Charles Lewis :blue: 6lb 13oz
15th - Matylda Blossom :pink:
22nd - Lou :pink: 8lb 10 oz
24th - Leo Christopher :blue: 8lb 5oz
27th - Bryson :blue: 7lb 8oz
28th - Wesley James :blue:
29th - Luca :blue: 9lb

How is everyone getting on?

Thanks for starting the thread sazzle!

I'm Kaity and my little guy, Charles Louis, was born 4/12/14 at 8:40am. He was 12 days late and weighed 6lbs13oz. I was in labor for 16 hours but half if that was at home. Only had to push 40 minutes so that was nice :)

I should have introduced myself too :haha: I'm Sarah!

40 mins of pushing is good going for a FTM, Kaity. Good work! I had to push for 1h 20 mins with DS1 :wacko: This time, only 5 mins :thumbup:

Yay! Colton was born on April 2 at 12:14 am after 11 hours of labor, starting with the leaking of my water. He was 7 lbs 11 oz and an impressive 21 3/4 inches long! Both DH and I are short, so we have no idea where he gets the length! :shrug: But here is a pic from yesterday, he makes some great faces!

Attachments

• IMG_544470034691328.jpg
    IMG_544470034691328.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 3
Joining! First girl to join, I think!

My name is Ashleigh and Charlotte (Charlee) Mary was induced on her due date, April 10 weighing 7 lbs 15 oz and 20 inches long. My first epidural didn't work, they redid it and immediately after getting epidural #2, I laid back and they checked me- and she was crowning :shock:. It was all chaos while they rang for the doctor, meanwhile I'm totally numb :dohh:. Once the doctor arrived, she was born in one contraction!

https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/Ashleigh_Smith8412/Mobile%20Uploads/AFC24ADD-CF28-4898-8997-F93DCE5A8046_zps6kmzruyb.jpg

https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/Ashleigh_Smith8412/Mobile%20Uploads/064DFE3F-4004-4211-84F3-FEDB905AF666_zpsysrccrem.jpg

You are the first team :pink: bookworm, yes. Where are all the :pink: April babies?!

I'm feeling very, very tired today :( Leo has not been good for the past two nights :nope: The longest stretch he's done in his Moses basket is an hour & half :dohh: My milk is fully in now though so in hoping things get better. I remember Rex (DS1) being the same so at least I know things will get better this time! It makes it seem not so bad somehow!

Hi ladies! Thanks for creating this group SazzleR.

I'm Kimberly and this is Odin Alexander at 3 weeks old. He came April 1st via c-section at 7:51 am weighing in at 8 lbs 5.5 oz and he was 19 1/4 inches long.

Attachments

• 20140424_085424.jpg
    20140424_085424.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 2
  • 20140426_153852.jpg
    20140426_153852.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 4
Sazzle, I hope things get better soon, DS is starting to stretch his feeds out at night to 4 hours between, it is amazing! Keep on keeping on, it will get better! :) I agree with bookworm, where are the girls???

Hey everyone :)
Eli was born on 3rd April weighing 6lb 14 after a 3 hour labour. Can't believe he's nearly a month old already!

My son did consistent 2 hour stretches but this little lady does 3, which has been wonderful. She does clusterfeed in the evenings though, which can make it hard for me to take care of my son at bedtime, so he's been all daddy lately while I tend to hungry Charlee.

Sazzle, I hope things get better soon, DS is starting to stretch his feeds out at night to 4 hours between, it is amazing! Keep on keeping on, it will get better! :) I agree with bookworm, where are the girls???

Thankfully, from having Rex, I know it does get better! So I'm not to worried :) I just wish he'd sleep in his basket & not on me :wacko:

My son did consistent 2 hour stretches but this little lady does 3, which has been wonderful. She does clusterfeed in the evenings though, which can make it hard for me to take care of my son at bedtime, so he's been all daddy lately while I tend to hungry Charlee.

Rex was a cluster feeder :dohh: He'd start around 5pm & go until about 11pm-ish with a couple of half hour breaks if I was lucky. It went on until he was 6 weeks old. It was tiring! And tough going to eat dinner! He often got food dropped on his head :haha: So far there's no sign of Leo being a cluster feeder but there's time yet.

Leo will be getting weighed by the MW tomorrow & I'm anxious about it :( Rex lost quite a lot of weight in the first week; nearly 10%. We had a lot of intervention & I just don't want to go through all that again. He got back to his birth weight by day 21 & steadily put weight on from then so I know things turn out ok in the end. It's just the guilt of feeling like you're starving your baby by continuing to BF :cry:

Charles has been a pretty aggressive cluster feeder. The worst was a 36 hour stretch of 15-60 min of eating every hour- for a day in a half! Now he cycles with a few days of cluster feeding for 5 hours or so to a few days of every 2-3 hours. It's really not that bad, but the nights where he refuses to sleep anywhere but on me are exhausting! Does anyone have any advice or suggestions on how to get him to sleep in his own? For now I don't mind him sleeping in me but would like to start getting him used to sleeping in his own bed soon!

I'm right there with you with the not sleeping on his own :wacko: Last night, Leo would literally not sleep anywhere but on my chest :wacko: At 5.45am I begged DH to put him on his chest, just so I could have at least an hour. Thankfully I got 2 hours sleep. And now of course, Leo is snoring is head off but our day had to start to get Rex to the childminder's on time :dohh:

Leo is definitely worse for it than Rex was. With Rex, I found that swaddling him helped, as did white noise and I who's slept with a muslin cloth down my top for a night then wrapped that around his mattress. I also found that waiting until Rex as fast asleep until I put him in his basket helped then sitting with my hand on his chest for a while to help him fully settle. None of this is working with Leo just yet but I hope it will once he's not quite so new & realises I'm not going to go anywhere!

The MW has just been. Leo has only lost 4.7% of his birth weight :D So relieved!

:hi: I don't really belong here as my little man arrived on March 31st!

https://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/pinklizzy_photo/A7729218-CE21-4548-B879-0D7BCAADBA07_zpsbvafxihh.jpg

Tristan was born at 12.19am on March 31st weighing 8lb 9oz after a very easy labour and only 40 mins after we arrived at the birth centre, a big difference after a 36hr labour with my daughter who eventually arrived bottom first!
We started of BF which I was so so determined to do but after lots of problems including loosing a large part of my right nipple due to cracking and an infection and Tristan loosing weight we started combi feeding. I tried expressing but only got 1oz at a time even after pumping for 40mins every 2-2.5hrs and then my milk dried up :cry: I also really didn't enjoy the feeding in the way I thought I would, I spent each feed in tears and not due to the pain, more an overwhelming feeling of sadness and almost 'homesickness' :shrug: each time he latched.
I'm trying not to let the guilt get to me although I do have my tearful moments every now and then.

We're now trying to get into a routine with OH back at work and so far it's going ok, he's a very chilled out boy and he's getting better at being put down to sleep. I love cuddling him but sometimes need to get things done!

Are any of you breastfeeding mommas having issues with nipple pain? I am so sore it's ridiculous. I pump because of latch issues and when I first turn on the pump it hurts so bad, the pain stops right away though. Also, if anything touches my nipple it hurts, even a towel after the shower hurts. They just seem soooooooooo sensitive.

Yes I had the exact same pain, I ended up using the avent breast shells to stop anything touching my nipples at all x

:wave: pink! You can crash here ;) :hugs: for the feeding issues.

momof, yes! Nipple pain here! They're not cracked or obviously pink/sore like they were with Rex (probably cos I've been piling on a tonne of Lansinoh since our very first feed!) but they're sooooo sensitive. I even have to stand under the shower with my hands over my nipples! :haha: I know it gets better but it's still sore for now.

I have pain in my left nipple when my lo feeds it hurts so bad! No amount of cream is helping! Can't wait for it to get better :)

Thank you so much ladies! I'm sorry you are all in pain and I hope it eases soon. I was so worried about it being trush or something. This is the first of my children that is BF longer than a few days, so this is all new to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->