April mummies 2014 :)

It's very quiet in here. These babies must be keeping us so busy!

Can't believe Leo is a week old already! Think we have progress on the sleep front too. He went down in his Moses basket on the first attempt tonight :happydance:

Wooohhooooo!! I get to join you ladies! My yellow bump turned BLUE last night, just in time to be an April Mommy. :)

Awesome news about Leo not losing much birth weght! And nicely done on getting him to sleep on his own! We are just starting to work on this.

Wamommy- congratulations!!!

Pinklizzy- you're more than welcome to come hang out with us! I'm sorry that you are feeling guilty. A lot of people make it seem like you're doing something wrong if you arent able to/choose not to BF. As long as you love and care for your children then whatever decisions you make for them with feeding will be the right and best ones. I hope you have support IRL and someone you can talk ton about it- but we are all here as well!

Can I join the sore nipple club? Mine cracked badly due to latch issues combined with a 36 hour cluster feed at 5 days old. Still healing but leaps and bounds better than it was before. Usually pain at the initial latch now and then they are fine. What I found helps is when baby is done eating to squeeze a bit of milk out and rub over nipple- breast milk will help them heal faster. Let it air dry for as long as you can (I'm sure with other LOs this would be hard!) but not too long. I usually let sit out for however long it takes me to burp him. Then I put a bunch of lanolin cream on, followed by the lansinoh soothies gel pads and then a nursing pad (helps with padding to shirt). My cracks were very severe but once an fixed the latch issues (Different positions for awhile helped with this) and started this regiment they are almost healed! Also if one side is worse than the other, start the feeding on the better side. Baby is less aggressive once they have some milk in them so they should be a little bit gentler on the bad side.

Had Charles' two week check and he's doing great! Hr left the hospital at 6 lbs 7 oz (losing 6 oz off birth weight). Today he was up to 8lbs! In only two weeks! All that eating has paid off and is really giving me a lot of encouragement to keep exclusively breastfeeding (DH had started to push supplementing with formula just because he eats so often). Nurse and doctor were both really happy and said I had "super milk" lol

Yay, wa!! :happydance: Let us know the details of your little boy when you can. :)

Kksy, that nipple care regime sounds amazing :thumbup: I'm also a Lansinoh fan & agree that breast pads make good protection against sore nipples and your clothes. It really is the cluster feeding that's the killer. My nipples are on the recovery too, thankfully. That's definitely a lot quicker than when I was feeding Rex so he must've toughened them up :haha: Yay :happydance: for Charles' excellent weight gain too!

Odin is officially 1 month old! Where has the time gone?

I am going back to the OB today. One of my internal stitches is coming through my incision.

A month old already?! Where has that gone?! Ouch to ghetto stitches. That sounds painful :(

Hope you got the stitch sorted momof :hugs:

I can't believe that Tristan is over a month old now but I also can't remember what it was like before he arrived! Slowly getting used to having two children but it does still seem quite surreal-maybe that's just the sleep deprivation :haha:
Not sure if it's just me but I'm also finding it very strange getting used to having a little boy? I'm in no way disappointed to have my little man, more that I was so sure that we would have two girls. Silly things like I'd kept all my daughter's baby clothes with the thought that we could re-use them all, now we are trying to sell/give away them but I feel really sentimentally attached to everything :dohh:
I need to get little man some clothes but can't find anything I like, same with things like cot bedding.
It's a very trivial thing in the grand scheme of things I know and I'm just over-thinking everything with all the hormones but it's just making me feel like I don't know what I'm doing even though I'm a second time mum!

I would suggest Next & Sainsbury's for boy's clothes, pink :thumbup: I always kit Rex out from those places for his new size wardrobes. I've also been bought a few new things for Leo from both places too & they're lovely so I know they currently have some nice things in. But get used to the world of boring boys clothes where there's only trousers/jeans/shorts to oust with tshirts/jumpers/shirts :wacko: At least it's cheaper to kit them out!

Thanks! I know it sounds so silly to be worying about having a little boy :dohh: It'll balance out some of the sea of pink and princess dresses/tiaras that seem to fill our house these days!

I feel the same way Pinklizzy! I have two girls, so our house has been nothing but bows, tutus, tiaras, pink and purple for the last 5 1/2 years and now suddenly we have thrown a boy in the mix. The clothes are so different and definitely rather plain. I'm getting used to it though.

Hi! Can I join in? It's my first time posting on a forum so you'll have to bare with me!
My daughter Lou was born on April 22nd by c-section weighing 8lbs 10oz. She looks just like her older sister at that age, and is almost as fussy as DD1 was :haha:
We are both breastfeeding and formula feeding due to supply issues. Hopefully I can post and read here during those long breastfeeding sessions!

:wave: Hi JosephineLou! Of course you can join us :) I'll add you to the front page. Congrats on your new arrival! The BF can go on a while in these early days can't it :wacko:

My lovely friend, who I've known since uni, just came to visit Leo and she brought four homemade family meals with her, all ready to cook from fresh or frozen! I nearly cried!! That's the kind of friend/visitor you need in these early weeks!

Welcome JosephineLou!

I feel the same but opposite, PinkLizzy! I have this little boy and have spent two years surrounded by cars and balls, and then I had a little girl and now I have ruffles, headbands and PINK everywhere. I put a headband on her head and then I think, uhh...is this how it's supposed to look? lol. Also, I have a lot of my nephews hand-me-down clothes for my son and I have to do all this shopping for my daughter, and I can't believe how expensive it is!

Welcome JosephineLou!

I feel the same but opposite, PinkLizzy! I have this little boy and have spent two years surrounded by cars and balls, and then I had a little girl and now I have ruffles, headbands and PINK everywhere. I put a headband on her head and then I think, uhh...is this how it's supposed to look? lol. Also, I have a lot of my nephews hand-me-down clothes for my son and I have to do all this shopping for my daughter, and I can't believe how expensive it is!

the cost pf clothes is insane. My 5 year old is definitely costlier than her 20 month old sister. She kills her shoes at school and stains all her jeans/tights/leggins while playing

My baby is a month old! Where has the time gone? We went grocery shopping and I was wearing him in a wrap, he snoozed away. At checkout I felt really unfocused and weak and told DH I felt hypoglycemic. He had me sit down and wait for him while he took care of things. I was worried I would pass out and squish LO! I got some sugar and I feel fine now. Let that be a lesson, eat lots while breastfeeding!

My baby is a month old! Where has the time gone? We went grocery shopping and I was wearing him in a wrap, he snoozed away. At checkout I felt really unfocused and weak and told DH I felt hypoglycemic. He had me sit down and wait for him while he took care of things. I was worried I would pass out and squish LO! I got some sugar and I feel fine now. Let that be a lesson, eat lots while breastfeeding!

EEK hope you're feeling better! :hugs:

that's how I went shopping with LO, I wore her in a carrier and I had my 2 year old in the cart. She slept the whole time and he was good too, it went perfectly. I love small victories like taking 2 babies out successfully.

Hello ladies :) my little girl Matylda Blossom was born April 15th :pink: 2 hour 40min labour after being induced and 10 mins of pushing :shock:

https://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a425/dreamingoreality/20140420_222243.jpg

https://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a425/dreamingoreality/20140430_213144.jpg

Bookworm and azuregirl what carrier do you have? I'm still getting the hang of babywearing!

Ever dreaming, I do the boba wrap, it is a great beginners wrap! $37 on amazon and it is a lifesaver!

Oh I love that! It's similar to mine, which is way more expensive than that new but I bagged it second hand on ebay cos I couldn't afford it new, a close parent caboo carrier. Its the same wrap style.

:wave: Hi everdreaning!

I have a Moby wrap for carrying Leo. Only used it once so fat but I know it's going to be a god send when DH is back at work & Leo is unsettled but Rex needs attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->