April mummies 2014 :)

I have the close parent caboo carrier think it's great.
My poor LO has a cold I'm having to sit up at night with him on my chest so he can breathe :(
Hope everyone's ok :)

We use our ergo with the infant insert almost every day, especially when doing DD's bedtime routine and walking the dog-so much easier and he loves being in there, fast asleep in seconds!

I posted in the April Flowers thread about starting a new thread for us to chat as our LOs grow and a few ladies said they thought it would be a great idea.

So introduce your LOs and I'll keep a list on the front page here :cloud9:

To start off, Leo Christopher entered the world at 11.35pm on 24.4 weighing 8lb 5oz. I got my much wanted home birth :D but after a very quick labour of 3 hours, I had no choice but to do it all completely naturally as the second MW with the gas & air didn't arrive in time :dohh:

April babies 2014

31st March - Tristan :blue: 8lb 9oz

1st - Odin Alexander :blue: 8lb 5.5oz
2nd - Colton :blue: 7lb 11oz
3rd - Eli :blue: 6lb 14oz
10th - Charlotte Mary :pink: 7lb 15oz
12th - Charles Lewis :blue: 6lb 13oz
15th - Matylda Blossom :pink:
22nd - Lou :pink: 8lb 10 oz
24th - Leo Christopher :blue: 8lb 5oz

How is everyone getting on?
Hey don't forget me :)
Thanks for this thread! Gorgeous babies.

April 1st for Caitlin Rose 6lb 6oz 19 3/4" induced 2weeks early b/c of my blood pressure. Vaginal birth with epidural

It's not letting me post a photo saying all the ones on my phone are too large of a file :-(

Congrats everyone and gorgeous pictures of your LOs.
Quick question: does your LO's tongue ever turn completely pink? Lou's tongue always has a light white film on it... I'm worried she might start a thrush infection. We had it with DD1 and it was excruciating! I don't want a repeat!

:wave: kins!

My lo never has a pink tongue. I don't think it's thrush though :wacko: just milky film.

We use our ergo with the infant insert almost every day, especially when doing DD's bedtime routine and walking the dog-so much easier and he loves being in there, fast asleep in seconds!

I also have the ergo with infant insert. I like it a lot but she gets a bit hot at times, and it also seems a little bulky. I tried to wear her and give my DS a bath and there was no way. I wish I had a moby wrap just for newborn days because I know I'll use the ergo a ton as she grows.

I've added you to the front page, Kins :)

I haven't been on in a day or so, thanks to being put on a ridiculous feeding plan. If you remember, Leo had lost 4.7% of his birth weight (6oz) on day 5 so the MWs left us alone until day 10 as they were happy with that. He got weighed again on Sunday on day 10 & had hardly put any weight on :cry: I was gutted but the MW who came to see me that day was from another community team (the one from my usual team had called in sick) and she was bloody awful to me. I ended up in tears, really upset but she honestly couldn't have cared less. She even asked me if is been busy out & about with the pram & maybe missed feeds out because Leo was asleep. In other words, I don't feed my baby. I spent all day Sunday in tears but now I'm just angry with her for making me feel that way. I've had to feed Leo 2 hourly in the day which has started to make him sick :cry: when he's hardly been sick at all since he was born and 3 hourly at night which has meant me setting the alarm clock for 3 hour intervals then coaxing him to wake up. Exhausting for both of us. If he hasn't put enough weight on for their liking tomorrow, which I'm praying is done by someone from my usual team, then we'll be admitted into hospital :cry:

I've added you to the front page, Kins :)

I haven't been on in a day or so, thanks to being put on a ridiculous feeding plan. If you remember, Leo had lost 4.7% of his birth weight (6oz) on day 5 so the MWs left us alone until day 10 as they were happy with that. He got weighed again on Sunday on day 10 & had hardly put any weight on :cry: I was gutted but the MW who came to see me that day was from another community team (the one from my usual team had called in sick) and she was bloody awful to me. I ended up in tears, really upset but she honestly couldn't have cared less. She even asked me if is been busy out & about with the pram & maybe missed feeds out because Leo was asleep. In other words, I don't feed my baby. I spent all day Sunday in tears but now I'm just angry with her for making me feel that way. I've had to feed Leo 2 hourly in the day which has started to make him sick :cry: when he's hardly been sick at all since he was born and 3 hourly at night which has meant me setting the alarm clock for 3 hour intervals then coaxing him to wake up. Exhausting for both of us. If he hasn't put enough weight on for their liking tomorrow, which I'm praying is done by someone from my usual team, then we'll be admitted into hospital :cry:

Oh Sazzle! :hugs: I'm SO sorry you're going through this and I can't believe that awful MW made you feel so terrible! Praying your little man grows big and strong and NO hospital admission! :hugs: I know you're a great mommy to Leo, don't let anyone make you think different!

:hugs: Sazzle, hopefully you'll get one of your normal midwives to weigh him tomorrow and I would tell them how she made you feel! It's hard enough with a new baby and a toddler and breastfeeding, you really don't need an idiot like that making you feel awful! :grr:

Sorry sazzle! She sounds terrible and I would definitely tell your MW tomorrow and ask if you can not see her again. Fingers crossed Leo gains the weight he needs so you don't have to go in the hospital! No matter what he wool be home and you are a great momma to him!

We are doing well over here. Had a bit of drama Saturday night- we took Charles into the ER for suspected dehydration. He had been acting off (irritable, nursing for two hours at a time) and the soft spot at the front of his head was noticeably sunken where it hasn't been before (we had been out in the heat that afternoon for a bit).

We called the triage line at the children's hospital and a very nice nurse walked me through a bunch of questions. She thought he was fine but asked if I wanted to talk to a doctor. They were supposed to call back in 15 minutes but took almost an hour and a half. In the meantime, I called triage again and a different nurse called back. This one left me in tears at the end he was so unhelpful. The baby had been nursing for two hours. I mentioned this and he said " two hours... He must be full"...WHAT?! I also mentioned I was worried about dehydration. He said the only way you can get it from heat is if you're out in the desert "... Or if you have heat stroke ... Which a three week old in the heat may get! I again asked for a doctor to call and I got a call a few minutes later. The conversation was about 90 seconds and ended with him saying " just bring him in " and then hanging up on me! Incredibly rude and unhelpful!

We wound up going in and the staff at the hospital was really friendly and understanding of my FTM worries! They got us in and out quickly. Charles had been mildly dehydrated but had caught himself up on fluids on his own with longer feedings and no intervention was needed.

I'm glad that we took him in for peace of mine and that my intuition was right. I just wish the nurse and doctor I talked to would have cared enough to take 10 seconds to say " he could be slightly dehydrated but it sounds like he's replenishing his fluids with longer feedings. As long as he keeps eating and making wet diapers he should be fine. Call back in the morning if he isn't back to his normal self." It would have saved a lot of stress, worry and $150 for the trip!

Wow... That wound up being a REALLY long rant :) Charles is nursing so I have the time to type and I apparently needed to get it out! Lol

Thanks for the :hugs: and kind words, ladies. Leo has put on 40g in just under 48 hours so we are off the bloody feeding plan. It was my names MW today who is lovely. She wasn't concerned about his weight or his jaundice. She even said that 2 hourly feeding can be counter productive cos baby isn't hungry so doesn't take as much as they would at a feed that they request themselves. I feel so relieved! Leo will be weighed again on Friday so hoping he's gained a decent amount again then.

Massive :hugs: kksy. That sounds really scary :( It's always best to get checked out.

Odin slept amazing last night! He did tummy time, played with toys, watched his sister chase the dogs and overall was awake much more than he usually is. He slept from 10-3 and 330-6. I haven't felt this rested in weeks! :happydance:

Kksyb- that sounds so scary. I'm sorry you were treated poorly on the phone, some people have no bedside manner.

Sazzler- I am so glad to hear that Leo gained weight and that you got your regular MW back.

It's just one thing after another for me at the minute :cry: I passed a large clot yesterday. It was pretty out of the blue cos my bleeding had really slowed down but then I suddenly started with cramps then 2 hours later passed a huge clot :( I rang my MW who sent someone out. She said it looked like it had membranes in it so I could have retained placenta. I had a trip to the docs & was giving 2 lots of antibiotics to take & had to have an emergency ultrasound this morning. Thankfully there's no sign of retained placenta but there was quite a bit of fluid in my womb which could be a sign of infection or just the usual blood which should come out now that the clot has passed & my womb should contract down more. I really would like no more problems for be or Leo now!

Oh my goodness Sazzle!How scary.... i hope that things settle down for you and Leo soon (awesome news BTW on him gaining weight!) I'm glad to hear that it wasn't a retained placenta and hopefully you dont have any more issues with it!

Oh no, I hope you're okay! my bleeding with this one has been basically nothing, but it was heavy with my son and lasted forever, and I also passed a random huge clot unexpectedly. I was actually in line at at the checkout at a store and felt it slip out :shock:. Didn't do anything for it though, and hope yours is the same!

Hello, I'm coming in! I'm Shannon, 22, I have a 3 year old named Victoria "Tori" and we just had our 2nd, Bryson, 10 days ago. I was due May 4th but Bryson decided to share a birthday month with his daddy. If you like, you can read his birth story here! Life with two has been fantastic so far, the transition was very smooth. Tori is a fabulous helper and adores her baby brother.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and watch our beautiful babies grow! :hugs:

Big hugs to sazzler and kksy. I'm sorry you had to deal with incompetent health care workers. It makes me wonder why someone that is not capable of empathy would choose that profession.
Welcome Shannon!
Nothing to declare here. We're settling in as a family of 4. My 3 year old daughter is acting up and we had to put her back into diapers after she peed on everything for days. I hope it's just a phase and that she'll be back to happy land soon.
My mom is visiting for 10 days, arriving this Friday and I cannot wait to have her around! Having kids gives me a whole new appreciation for my mom!
Has anyone had more than a 3 hour stretch of sleep lately?

I think DS has hit his 6 week spurt early, he wants to eat every 2 hours, even at night....

:wave: Hi amour!

Josephine, my 3 yr old is also acting up :dohh: I know it's to be expected but his tantrums are something else at the minute :( The last 2 mornings we've had major melt downs over what he wants/doesn't want for breakfast :wacko: I had a one off stretch of 4 hours. But that's it for now!

Azure, I think Leo just hit his first growth spurt. He had a sleepy day yesterday, was really unsettled last night & has wanted to feed every 2 hours so far today. Hopefully it beans good news for tomorrow's weigh in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->