April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Whoa, Jenny that is so strange that you haven't seen a dr at all. BUT I guess that means your midwife is more than happy with your health, as i she was worried she'd refer you to a consultant. So take that as a good sign!

Im not so sure, she told me its fine to carry on having sex and I dont need to change anything. Every one else says different. So kinda lost faith in the hospital and her now.

Jenny :hugs::hugs::hugs: So sorry to hear about this. But I am sure that if your Dr had any major concerns, he would let you know, so try not to think of the worst case scenario (as hard as that is)

Nimbec: lol at farting at the in laws! So embarassing! My dh insisted on telling my in laws when we were there at Christmas all about how I fart all the time :blush:

Now, in terms of sterilisation, I was actually going to buy a microwave steriliser from tesco yesterday as it's reduced to £10, but then they didn't actually HAVE it :dohh: but I am planning on bf anyway, so not sure how much we will use it. My SIL has one she can lend us anyway, but I'm happy to just boil the bottles.

BUT when we say you boil them...do we literally mean you drop them in a pan of boiling water like they are potatoes?! Or do you just put a little water in the bottom of a pan and put them in to steam? :huh:

You'll need one for dummies and other things like teethers eventually anyway so it's good to have one about. We got ours for £5 in Babiesrus. It's an avent one. I didnt need a big one as I'm BFing too.
To boil stuff you get a saucepan and fill it with water, when it's boiling you put the stuff in ( you have to hand wash it all first ) then you put a lid on top and leave it for about 5-10 minutes, I usually leave it longer so like 10 mins. then you drain the water out and use the bottles etc. It's easy but I prefer my microwave steraliser. It's safer for me when I have other kids running around the kitchen lol

Thanks Candy, so it literally is like boiling potatoes...but with the lid on! I imagine my pressure cooker will be good for that! And then when I need to do my teething rings etc I can borrow my SIL. She keeps saying "You can tell t's been used" and I'm like "I DON'T CARE!" of course it's been used, she has a child!

Jenny, is there any way you can make your own appointment with a doctor, even just your GP, to chat through your concerns?

Yeh doggylover just like potatoes :D i used the same one for both my kids they cant get dirty they are ateralizers haha.. they get some wear on them but they are good for years xx

Thanks Candy, so it literally is like boiling potatoes...but with the lid on! I imagine my pressure cooker will be good for that! And then when I need to do my teething rings etc I can borrow my SIL. She keeps saying "You can tell t's been used" and I'm like "I DON'T CARE!" of course it's been used, she has a child!

Jenny, is there any way you can make your own appointment with a doctor, even just your GP, to chat through your concerns?

I have an appointment with gp monday, but they are pretty crap when it comes to anything baby related.

Aw Jenny, sorry you just found that out! How awful is that, a whole 4weeks later! And not seeing a doc yet... That's bad! :( well at least you know now to go straight to hospital! Just try not to worry and relax lots, make oh do everything! As for sterilisers, I have a microwave one, it was so useful, even though I breastfed for 6-7 months, I still use bottles at times and also sterilised the breast pump bits as well as dummy's etc! Thing is I don't over use my microwave so I just stored it in there when I wasn't using it!

omg I just got the nicest winnie the pooh baby bouncy chair for £10 in a baby shop!! It's second hand but it looks new, it has handles so you can take it out and a 3 point recline and it is a rocker too which can be locked to a still position. So proud of it lol x

Awww jenny thats so frustrating not seeing a doc and being high risk. Could you call the Midwiffe and tell her your concerns? Also ask to be reffered to a consultant.....they can only say no......Also are u under a specific midwiffe or a team of them? If its a team you could perhaps speak to a different one, or maybe ring antenatel directly?? Was your 20wk scan not with a doctor?

I'm very lucky we have a team of 5 looking after us and apart from one they are all super friendly, chatty and approachable! I'm seeing them monday so i'll ask about it for you if you like?

I bought a tommy tippee microwave steriliser from Home Bargains last week when my partner was in there checking his peanuts LOL!! He even bought a bag....so funny we get them shipped from around the world, packed into nets/bags and then sent out to the likes of homebargains and he still then feels the need to buy a pack at FULL price PMSL! we have about 300 tonnes of the damn things literally!!! and he buys more!!! Well I saw this for £11 and a boppy cushion for £19 so had them both - took advantage while he couldn't/darn't comment hahaha!

How was the icecream Candy?

Haha nimbec well played! We didnt get ice cream in the end. my nesting instinct has kicked in so now I have a very shiney kitchen and living room :D hehe xx

as far as I have read online placenta previa is when the placenta covers the cervix either partly or totaly depending on what degree you have. It is usually monitored because the blood vessles tap into the cervix as well as the surrounding womb lining so that if the cervix begins to dialate it could run a risk or rupturing the blood vessles in the uterine lining causing bleeding. it doesnt mean you would bleed to death it means that there is a risk of tearing part of the placenta and bleeding which os risky for the mother and the baby which is why as soon as you start contracting you must go straight to hospital so they can preform a c section to remove the baby before any harm can happen. The cervix has to efface before it dialates so you should have plenty of time plus with extra mojitoring they will tell you when you begin to efface.. Thats when the cervix shortens before it opens. So do not panic.. apparently some degree of placenta previa is common so they see it often. As soon as baby is delivered you will get an injection to make your body expell the placenta. Any bleeding can be controlled and cortorised.

im not a doctor thouh so I may be wrong on a few points but that is PP as far as Im aware xx

Sorry for the typos im on my phone... right off to mop the floors! Xx

when my partner was in there checking his peanuts LOL!!

Am I the only person who read this and had a little giggle at what it implies?!!? :haha:

My friend (the one who was being weird about her pregnancy) has slight placenta previa, but her Dr said it should resolve itself before the birth (that was at her 20 week scan). I know nothing about it, so thanks for the info Candy!

as the uterus grows and stretches it can pull the placenta up away from the cervix but as Jenny said she has scar tissue and is almost in the 3rd tri now and has complete PP so it's not likely to move, or move very much at least.

Doggylover I did have a little giggle and wasn't going to admit it!! :p xx

I think I phrased my question wrong about the sterilizing. I meant until what age do you have to sterilize things? Isn't there an age when you can stop sterilizing? I guess I need the sterilizer though. I don't really want to boil the things, I read it makes the plastics break down faster than the microwave. And break down of plastics freaks me out. I am going to store mine in the microwave too. I only use it occasionally to defrost things, precook baked potatoes etc.

Jenny, hope everything works out fine. Try to be positive, just because you have the PP doesn't necessarily mean you will bleed. Everything could be fine, so no sense in worrying yourself about it. You have kept baby in this far! Hope you get to see a doctor and they can reassure you :hugs:

Excellent bargain hunting UKGirl! Your chair sounds lovely! I haven't gotten a swing or a bouncer or anything yet. Our friends said they would lend us their swing. Do you need a bouncer and a swing? I know I need somewhere to put baby down when I need 5 seconds to myself or what not, but hoping she likes the swing so we don't need to have even more things.

Nimbec I still can't believe you were walking around (and riding horses!) with a fractured back! But glad you were managing it so well. I destroyed my tailkbone snowboarding a couple of years ago and have definitely felt it a few times while pregnant. It was actually worse earlier on when my uterus was lower. Apparently the only thing they can do for tailbone pain is remove parts of it though, so not sure if I will do that eventually. :shrug:

AFM, I am determined to get lots of things done today! Laundry, baby's room tasks, etc. Off I go!

Jenny, so sorry to hear about the news... But it's good that they know what's going on and that you can prepare accordingly :hugs:

Thanks for all the input on the sterilizer . I guess I will see if I get it during my shower... If I don't, no big deal I will just boil the bottles... Guess that would be good because its not another piece that would crowd the kitchen :wacko:

I need to get into nesting mode lol. I can see all the things that need to get done but I just can't get myself to do them. By the time I get home from work, I just want to take a shower and relax in bed watching tv! Rob will be home on Saturday, so I'm sure we will get some things done then!

I was telling him yesterday how Grayson has been kind enough to punch me in my lady bits during the day... So he started laughing and said: careful that he doesn't try to reach out and pull ur panties in... You know... Like a hamster building a nest :dohh::rofl:
I do have to say that we both have a very sick sense if humor, so we were both in tears laughing!

Today Grayson has finally reached rib level with his kicks. When I sit forward at work (to type on the computer), he starts kicking away! I guess he has decided that he does not want me to crunch his area ahahaha

28 weeks and 12 more to go! I can't believe it!!!
Hope everyone is doing well

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 6
Great bump pic Steph, you look fab!

I forget who asked which stroller I ended up getting. I just remembered someone had asked when I saw the box still in my living room :haha: We got the Mamas and Paps Sola. It was down to that or the Uppa Baby Cruz, but I wanted the flat lie back seat, so Sola it was!

Kristabelle I steralized my babies bottles and dummies for until just after their first birthdays. You have to buy new teats for bottles every 3 months anyway because 1. the flow needs to increase as the baby gets older and 2. after a while the plastics naturally break down due to baby chewing on them. If you ever see your bottle has a split teat hole you should bin it straight away and buy new ones. same with dummies and teethers too they only really last a few months before new ones are needed so they don't really get chance to break down.

On the topic of Dummies, if any of you haven't seen my facebook post yet, ASDA are recalling Little Angels Cherry Soothers, so if you brought some bin them or take them back for a refund. One came apart in a babies mouth, the baby was fine but they are now a choking hazard.

Steph - I had no energy for anything then yesterday and today, BANG I'm on a mission to clean everything I mean EVERYTHING it's like I have sudden OCD lol.. I don't remember nesting this early with my other 2, I guess it's because this time I have constant mess around thanks to them being so messy! MY body must know in a few more weeks I'll be too fat and tired to bother and Aaron took 4 weeks to clean the hamster cage so I can't count on him! lol
Your OH is so funny!!! His comment made me think about my kids hamster who rips up the newspaper in his cage to build a nest and I imagined your baby doing the same haha.. It is getting colder out.. better be careful! lol HAHA!
Benson also hates me bending forward so now I have to walk leaning back a bit and always sit back. god forbid I slouch while I'm eating. He has a tantrum even if I lay to far on my side in bed! lol. At least he's teaching me good posture I guess!!
Love you bump pic!! You look amazing :) xx

My costachondritis is clearing up a bit. I'm not so breathless and achy anymore which is brill!! I'm hoping that my case was caused by a virus which is going away now :D

Here are some links for steralising bottles etc

https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/Pages/sterilising-bottles.aspx

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/x554846/when-can-i-stop-sterilising-my-babys-bottles

bahahaha Steph! That is hilarious! My DH & I have a sick sense of humor also! When I told my doc on Tuesday that it feels like Mason is going to kick through my vjayjay he just shook his head then as we were leaving Mason kicked me down low & I kinda stopped walking for a second. DH asked if I was ok, I told him yes & what Mason had just done, DH proceeds to lean down & say to my belly "Mason, that belongs to me, stop kicking your mommy there"!!!! I about pee'd my pants laughing at him!

Mason is also greedy about his space. He wants it all to himself! I guess I need to be thankful I'm not with twins, Mason would prolly kick his twin right out my vjayjay!!!

Candy, I feel like my house could use a good cleaning because there just seems to be an abundance of dog hair... Since I have white tile, it's hard to miss...:dohh:.... I guess I'll get to it tonight before rob gets home tomorrow. I told him that he needs to get his stuff out of the room this weekend (tool boxes and motorcycle gear) so we can get the furniture in the weekend! I really need the nursery started so I can feel like there is a baby coming lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->