Aptamil 1 & 3

Mamafy

Mum to 5 & Angel Mum to 4
Reaction score
Hiya,

tis my 1st thread in the baby section so bear with me:blush:

My lo has been on Aptamil 1st from birth and was going great on it, easily taking 30+ oz's a day at nearly 6 months then I had the brainwave:dohh: to change her over to Aptamil 3, the one with the extra iron at 6 months. My reasons at the time were she wasnt really eating much and didnt want her to be lacking in iron but it seems that she doesnt take as much, am just wondering would it be a coincidence that she is now taking much more food and therefore needs less milk or is the milk filling her up more ?

thanks in advance

I don't use aptamil - I considered it until I read on their own website from members that it gave them bad constipation :confused: but I guess different milks suit different babies.

Caitlin drinks what she feels like and gives up we have her bottles done to 8oz and sometimes she only bothers with 4 :dohh: we wondered if to go to step 3 when shes 6 months for the same reason as you so any further feedback if anyone has any would be interesting.

Babies will feed on what they want I worried seeing how much other girls LOs were drinking around or younger than Caitlin & HV said they are all different as long as shes putting on weight she'll do it in her own pace.

Considered weaning or have you started? I'm starting Caitlin at 6 months to fill her up more hopefully :D

yeah wobbles started properly at just before 6 months and it didnt seem to interfere with her milk, maybe made her abit greedier for it; but as soon as I changed to no.3 it went down hill (?) I have no idea whether its coincidental with the milk or whether she would have naturally dropped her milk anyway as shes now taking alot more solids:baby:

I have no concerns with her weight as at last weigh-in she was on 91st centile :lol: I'm sure less milk will do her no harm but I do know what you mean about other peoples babies milk intakes:roll: but each baby is different I guess.

thanks

oh and just to add aptamil has never given my lo constipation, I'd say the opposite if anything, at least 3 dirty nappies a day :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->