• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Aptamil pepti 1

SophL

Reaction score
My baby girl has been diagnosed with CMPI and was prescribed nutramigen which I was mixing with my (dairy free) breast milk to make it taste better. My milk has now dried up and there was not a chance she would take it straight. My GP prescribed aptamil pepti on Friday which I was also struggling to get her to take so on Saturday night I bought some wysoy from the supermarket which she loved and drank like the staved but spent the night in pain, griping and farting. As of this morning we are back on aptamil pepti, she only drinks 1-2oz at a time and about 18oz in 24 hours. I have no idea how much she drank before all this as she was fully breastfed.

She is nearly 6 months and 12lb 9oz.

Does anyone have any advice?? I have never formula fed a baby before and I am completely lost. What do I do?!

Are there any better tasting alternatives? Is my baby starving?

Aptimil pepti is one of the better tasting ones as far sad I know. Can you ask for a prescription for Neocate or similar to see how she gets on with it?

I think the only thing you can really do is persevere. It took a good week for my LO to get used to the taste of neocate.

You could try some vanilla extract in the formula to make it sweeter, or some blackcurrent concentrate and then slowly reduce it. This was recommended to me when we put DS on peptic and it made him prefer it straight. :haha:

Don't use soy, most kids who are CMPI react to soy too.

Your baby won't starve, but will definitely try to tell you that she prefers the other stuff!! Ha ha. My cousin went four days refusing formula from BFing but she finally gave in. She is now a happy healthy 10 year old!!

My little girl has been put on this and it smells horrid! She doesn't seem to have an issue ed ringing it but struggles to keep it down. :(

It's thinner so that could be why. I've always thickened with Carobel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->