Aptamil

indianorchi

Reaction score
Few questions really...
.Is Aptamil any good? I decided on it because of things I've read saying it's the closest to breast milk, but these reviews are entirely what my decision is based on so would be nice to hear from real people.
.Can Healthy Start Milk Tokens be used for this? It says it has to be formula which is based on cow's milk but I can't seem to find anywhere whether or not Aptamil is.
.My local Tesco sells the formula at £7.92 for 900g. So how much will I be spending per week/month or if the tokens can be used - how much (if any) additional money will I need to be spending?
I'm trying to work out budgets but my brother and I were breastfed so my mum knows nothing about bottle feeding and the internet is my only source of information.

I b/f so i can only really go on what the other ladies on here have said.

I think one tin of formula last one week?

The type of formula you buy really depends on your LO, some love aptamil and others hate it. To be honest i think it is trial and error and what sits best with your LO's tummy....

Of course the cheapest way to feed your LO would be to b/f... that was one of my reasons for doing it...lol

I chose Aptamil when I had to top my baby up for a few weeks because I was breastfeeding but couldn't produce enough; he was grand with it but it's the only one I have ever tried so can't say if it's better than others or not.

At the very start a tin will last more than a week but once your baby is taking 6 oz feeds x 6 a day (or so) you'll only get a week out of it. The ready made cartons are 57p and very handy for out and about, or when baby very suddenly hungry and you can't get kettle boiled and cooled in time!

Im on Aptamil easy digest as baba cant handle the full one yet. And its great!! Tried SMA which was shit!! And caused him so much problems now on apitmal and its so so so much better. One tub lasts about a week. Yeah it is a lil more expensive than the others but so so so worth it :) XxxX

Aptimal like you said is closest to breast milk.
I use it and its great never had a problem and i know a few others highly recommend it. SMA is crap ( was for my two )

i use aptimal and Zane goes thru a tub a week so im spending £32(ish) a month on his milk.

i havent had any problems with it and Zane loves it :)

I've been using Aptamil with mine and so far it has been fine, a tub lasts us about a week. Not sure about the tokens tho hun x

as others have said it's just trial and error - Alasdair was awful on aptimil, a bit better on sma but a lot better on cow and gate. I think you'll be able to use your vouchers for it - it's just another brand of formula and not really better or worse than any other imo. and yup, about a carton a week!

i have found aptamil fab! can't praise it highly enough. maddi had aptamil extra hungry baby and has never had any problems with it :) we too use about a can a week x x

I'm breast feeding but I was topping up with Aptimil for the first week and I found it great! When I stop BF I'll definately use it. :)

I don't use this brand, just wanted to help on the voucher question - if you will be / are getting 6 pound a week you will only have to put 1.92 to it a week (using two 3 pound vouchers a week), that is good, isn't it? :) I agree with others, it is a formula so should be included in the voucher allowance. You will get 8 vouchers a month, enough for 4 tins a month. :)

That's really good, will help out loads!
Seems like I've made a good choice then, no horror stories...
But if he doesn't like it I guess I'll have to try something else.
Thanks everyone :)

I BF but i have aptamil formula which i've tried her with twice and she loves it, i tasted it and it tastes exactly like my breastmilk so no wonder! it's the closest thing to breastmilk apparently so i say it'd be the best. x

I use Aptamil with Jack and he is fine on it and putting on weight as he should be.

I've got Ollie on Aptamil and he's fab on it! I used SMA with Faith and she was fine with that but when I used it this time with Ollie he kept bringing it all back up so switched to Aptamil and haven't looked back x

It does seem like the best choice, I don't know why more people don't use it. Everyone I know uses SMA. I feel guilty for choosing not to BF but the thought of it sends shivers down my spine :(

SMA made Mia constipated. This improved loads with Aptamil... and now is completely gone as I add and extra ounce of water to one bottle a day :D

It does seem like the best choice, I don't know why more people don't use it. Everyone I know uses SMA. I feel guilty for choosing not to BF but the thought of it sends shivers down my spine :(

dont feel bad! i always said id try my best to bf and it didnt suit me or zane we both tried very hard and hes really happy and healthy on his bottles.

ur the mum u no whats best for ur baby dont let anyone make u feel bad

That has made me feel better, it's just my parents are really upset that I'm not going to and although they're not trying to change my mind, the things they say are all true about the immunities and bonding etc and it makes me feel guilty. Ah well, so many women bottle feed and they're not horrible people :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->