Are anyone else's ovaries screaming?

blauren

Reaction score
I didn't quite understand the whole "my biological clock is ticking" thing until I turned 26 last month. I swear my ovaries are screaming at me. I have terrible cold feet, but I'm excited at the same time. It's like this surreal power took over me because I went from being happy and content childless to absolutely having to have a baby in a span of a few weeks. DH isn't quite there yet and we have no choice but to wait until he comes home in October, but I still can't calm down this new obsession.

I'm with you!

I have two children from my previous marriage but my partner and I have decided we want to have a child together (he doesn't have any children).

I've stopped the pill on Dr's advice as she and I know it can take a while for my (already irregular) cycles to get back to normal (normal for me is 40-50 day cycles) and I've started taking Agnus Castus to try and regulate them a bit more. Testing with OPK's every day to try and start seeing what's going on but more so that we can prevent me getting pregnant just yet as we want to move house first. The house move is moving really quickly and we want to have somewhere in the next few months and then, I think it'll be all systems go! But my ovaries are screaming - my friend has just had twins last week and a couple of ex work colleagues have just had babies and my FB newsfeed is full of pictures of babies!!

God help us! :hissy:

Lx

I've been experiencing this on and off (mostly on) for the last 5.5 years! I'm not even 21 yet! It's an insane feeling... A (male) friend of mine recently compared it to how he wants a girlfriend-he has never dated and constantly goes back and forth between never wanting one and really wanting one- I had just had a dream about being pregnant, was in near tears after I realised it was just a dream and wanted to yell at him for saying that haha... It really sucks to feel like this when not in the position to have a child (I'm still probably a long way away). I always wish I didnt go broody so young. But I feel I was born to be a mother, it has always been what I've wanted to do, no career has ever held any importance to me that motherhood has and at 15, the switch flipped, I've been trying to flip it back ever since so I can focus on other, normal, single stuff haha... But yes my ovaries are screaming! Loudly. All. The. Time. :D

Rosie2017 ^^^^^^^^

Everything you said was exactly how I felt at your age. I made a post about it 5 years ago and just found it and updated it 5 years later! I feel it might help you- it's the post above this one, take a look :) it's incredibly hard. I believe some women's biological clocks go off earlier/later then others. That whole 'it goes off at 30' thing is bullcrap. Mine switched on at 19.. i'll never forget it. And it's stayed on no matter what I said or did. i'll be 25 soon and i'm SO glad I waited, but i'm not going to lie.. it hasn't been easy at all.

It gets even harder when your situation is ready on paper (house, education, money) but you still can't for other reasons (relationship, health etc).

The day I finally give birth will be the biggest relief of my life.

Most other people will never understand. I'm glad I have someone very close to me who has been going through the same thing for more years then me. We speak about it a lot and it really helps to have her support. Do you have someone you can speak to about it all? someone who feels the same? at 19/20 I was too embarrassed to tell anyone except my ex.

Good luck :)

Mine have been screaming for a decade :rofl: My OH is still nowhere near ready.

Yes! We were supposed to ttc in march but due to me having to undergo tests for celiac we put it off for a few months. I am so ready to start trying but also know that I need to be healthy before trying. I should get results back middle of this coming week so I'm hoping to have a new ttc date then. I was fine last year when we agreed march as I knew we had a date but now we haven't got a date planned i feel like time is standing still!

Rosie2017 ^^^^^^^^

I made a post about it 5 years ago and just found it and updated it 5 years later! I feel it might help you- it's the post above this one, take a look :)

I've commented on that! I was just about to check the update haha, will look after this :D

I'm glad I have someone very close to me who has been going through the same thing for more years then me. We speak about it a lot and it really helps to have her support. Do you have someone you can speak to about it all?

Not really, well I am not embarrassed, it's just who I am for me, and I talk about it every now and again with some people,
but I don't personally know anyone who has been through the same as me, my "clock" started ticking at 15! Not unheard of but definitely not common haha, none of my friends feel this way , oh well

I'm with you!

I have two children from my previous marriage but my partner and I have decided we want to have a child together (he doesn't have any children).

I've stopped the pill on Dr's advice as she and I know it can take a while for my (already irregular) cycles to get back to normal (normal for me is 40-50 day cycles) and I've started taking Agnus Castus to try and regulate them a bit more. Testing with OPK's every day to try and start seeing what's going on but more so that we can prevent me getting pregnant just yet as we want to move house first. The house move is moving really quickly and we want to have somewhere in the next few months and then, I think it'll be all systems go! But my ovaries are screaming - my friend has just had twins last week and a couple of ex work colleagues have just had babies and my FB newsfeed is full of pictures of babies!!

God help us! :hissy:

Lx

Haha I try not to go on FB too often, mine is full of baby pics too :D Happy for my friends but hard to not compare yourself with them!

mine have been screaming off and on since i was 16 hahahah. buuuuut i also have to wait until october. we should be ttc buds!!! because i'll be starting around that time!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->