Are cot mobiles worth it?

Mine wasn't worth it. It only plays for about 90 seconds then you have to wind it up again. Wish I hadn't wasted my money. Now if you find one that will go longer, maybe like 5-10 minutes maybe it would be worth it.

My dd loves hers but not to send her to sleep we have it on while I'm dressing her in a morning and before & after her bath she laughs and talks to it so keeps her distracted and happy!

My ds loves his. I don't use it as part of his bedtime routine, but instead use it in the morning when he has just woken. He watches it whilst laughing and kicking his legs.

My opinion is that no they're not worth it. We bought a really good one before LO was born, thinking she would watch it every night and drift off to sleep. Ahh the naivety! :cry: All it did was keep her awake, and that's if she went into her cot awake in the first place!

The only only good thing it was for was when I used to lie her under it for a few minutes when I quickly washed my hair and it would keep her amused long enough not to cry, but even that didn't last long. I definitely wouldn't buy one next time!

no. i used mine for 5 mins distraction while i jump in the shower but that was it, it never worked to send him to sleep, ever.

Sophie loves her but it definitely would not help her get to sleep. She would be far too distracted by it.

She loves it as a toy though and smiles at it as it goes round.

Not sure I would spend £30 on it though?

I bought one when I was doing the nursery purely for decoration.. I love having the theme thing going on. I have it over the change table as my lo loves to wriggle around and it keeps him still while i change him, so im getting good use out of it now.

Another vote for 'no' here too!
It was far too stimulating for my LO to get her to sleep!

The only time I ever use it is if I am upstairs and need the loo - I put her in her cot and turn it on and she stares at it for a few minutes.

I'm a yes!
But only to occupy her during the day when I need to get ready or I need a bath. I remove it for when she gets to sleep as she pulls on it.
Couldn't be without it during the day.

I made one for my LO and hung it above her changing pad. Its great for decorations, and I don't have to be paranoid about it falling on her, because she won't be unattended on the changer. Now I just hope she likes it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->