are gender swaying methods a load of rubbish?

I wish you the best of luck Jessicasmum and really really hope you get your little boy xx because GD is just the worst thing ever. I didn't even know it existed!!.
I really don't know if we will have another baby, I did always say I wanted 4 children, but I really do not want to through this GD again and have to be honest with myself...... Am I just having another baby because I want a Girl?.
Every day is getting easier because I was just devastated when I found out after the scan ( I'm so embarrassed to write that) and I just really want to enjoy this pregnancy and feel so guilty all the time because I wanted this baby to be a girl so so bad.
I know I will love him with all my heart when he is born, just like I do my other 2 boys and wouldn't change them for the world, but I wanted a daughter this time so much, my heart just ached for a little girl and I really don't think I will ever have a daughter, so this will probably be our last.
Good luck and hope everything goes ok with the diet etc xx

I tried to sway by only having sex on ovulation. I don't think it will work though.

Are you doing the diet all so?

Do you mean the "eating iron rich breakfast cereals?". I have had some, but that's because I like it, lol.

Yes that's one of the things they recon for boy diet cereal and not to miss breakfast, also meat ( I can't do this as I'm a vegetarian so maybe just protein alternatives), also bananas, most over fruit and veg, salty/soduim foods. Do you eat this other stuff too?

I wish you the best of luck Jessicasmum and really really hope you get your little boy xx because GD is just the worst thing ever. I didn't even know it existed!!.
I really don't know if we will have another baby, I did always say I wanted 4 children, but I really do not want to through this GD again and have to be honest with myself...... Am I just having another baby because I want a Girl?.
Every day is getting easier because I was just devastated when I found out after the scan ( I'm so embarrassed to write that) and I just really want to enjoy this pregnancy and feel so guilty all the time because I wanted this baby to be a girl so so bad.
I know I will love him with all my heart when he is born, just like I do my other 2 boys and wouldn't change them for the world, but I wanted a daughter this time so much, my heart just ached for a little girl and I really don't think I will ever have a daughter, so this will probably be our last.
Good luck and hope everything goes ok with the diet etc xx

Thank you :) I remember watched a documentary a while ago where there was these women keep having babies because they wanted a girl and had boys (it was called 8 boys wanting a girl I think) and I was thinking when one of the women was at her scan and it said a boy again and she was crying I just thought how could she be like that, but I think I understand it a lot more now GD even though I do want a boy so much but I don't think I will be as bad as that well I hope. I just think what if my parents were thinking this when at my birth they found out I was their 3rd girl, was they disappointed because my mum did tell me she thought I was going to be a boy.

I agree with you . I watched that documentary before I had children and thought what a terrible awful woman she was for being like that!!. Thank god I'm not that bad...... But you just don't know what it's like until you've been through it.
Hopefully you will never have to experience it.
We are just very lucky to have healthy babies and that's all we should be thinking about, they are all little miracles which are destined to be with us!!.

Yes breakfast cereals, meat and snacking are all good for TTC Blue, this is what my diet consisted of before TTC Pink.

I agree with you . I watched that documentary before I had children and thought what a terrible awful woman she was for being like that!!. Thank god I'm not that bad...... But you just don't know what it's like until you've been through it.
Hopefully you will never have to experience it.
We are just very lucky to have healthy babies and that's all we should be thinking about, they are all little miracles which are destined to be with us!!.

Yes breakfast cereals, meat and snacking are all good for TTC Blue, this is what my diet consisted of before TTC Pink.

That's how I'm trying to see it as if it is another girl then that was destined for me.

Do you think because I'm a vegetarian and can't eat the meat for the boy diet that other protein things like eggs and beans would be OK instead?
It says no dairy for boy sway diet? But was you having the milk with the cereal that they say to have?

Yes I had milk every morning with my cereal and sometimes for a snack at night before I had the boys.
I don't think being veggie will ruin your boy sway. Just snack lots, eat bananas, beans, egg, potatoes etc and don't lose any weight!!. They say losing weight sways pink. Also a diet high in salt sways boy!.

Yes I had milk every morning with my cereal and sometimes for a snack at night before I had the boys.
I don't think being veggie will ruin your boy sway. Just snack lots, eat bananas, beans, egg, potatoes etc and don't lose any weight!!. They say losing weight sways pink. Also a diet high in salt sways boy!.

That's 1 bad thing then I'm going to be losing weight leading up before I ttc, I have a lot to lose but need to because I don't want to be massive already when I get pregnant. I suppose I gained weight when TTC both my daughters because I ate so much junk so I suppose that is the opposite to what they say for my case.

That's 1 bad thing then I'm going to be losing weight leading up before I ttc, I have a lot to lose but need to because I don't want to be massive already when I get pregnant. I suppose I gained weight when TTC both my daughters because I ate so much junk so I suppose that is the opposite to what they say for my case.

Just replying quickly as I'm about to have my tea, not sure what weight you are but apparently overweight ladies can have lots of girls too as they also have a bad diet? Eg lots of sugar. Hope that's not offended you! X

Just replying quickly as I'm about to have my tea, not sure what weight you are but apparently overweight ladies can have lots of girls too as they also have a bad diet? Eg lots of sugar. Hope that's not offended you! X

I'm about 6 stone over weight and no that's exactly right I have loads of sugar, chocolate, cake you name it.

Yes I agree, both slim and overweight ladies have both boys and girls. From the genderdreaming site, it's the losing weight just before you TTC or whilst you are TTC that matters. I cant remember exactly what It is, but it has some effect on bmi, ph etc that could sway pink.
I know it worked for me, I lost a stone and went down to 8stone 5lb just before I got pregnant in January last year with (they think it was a girl) I had a miscarriage in March then started TTC again in April and got pregnant in august with my 3rd boy. I put back on about half a stone just before I got pregnant with him....... So who knows!!!! It's probably a load of bull shit about the weight thing, but they go on and on about it on the swaying sites saying it's really one of the things that count if your swaying pink !!

I lost weight from Jan -June last year but then from June to when i got my bfp in oct i had gained 9lbs! I had heard that too though dolly :shrug:

Sorry forgot to post on here. I think it was a month or so before I conceived jasmine I lossed a little weight but put about 7 pound back on. And definitely with Jessica I put weight on around TTC.

With the gender theory I think they are referring to 6-12 months Prior to conceiving. I was on a strict diet for months before conceiving my 1st daughter (about 3-6 months prior) and then put on 5-8 lbs weeks before I conceived her. With my son it was the opposite. I was purposely putting on weight and eating like crazy 4-6 months before he was conceived and then lost 5 lbs 2 weeks after conception (purposely). And with my second daughter I had been on a very strict diet for 1 whole yr prior to conception and then 2 weeks right before she was conceived I was eating more to try to put on weight. So this is why I think they are specifically referring to the bigger gap before conception , not 1 or two months before conception but more like what the 6-12 months prior to conception were like . Were you dieting for 6 months - 1 yr before conception or did you spend a long period of time over eating and putting on weight? However, I do think this theory may be ruled out if you ate a normal diet and didn't put on any weight and didn't lose any weight. This theory can probably be ruled out if you went back and fourth with dieting to lose weight and then gaining weight every other month all through out the yr as well.

I really want another boy too and spent most of the yr eating a lot .... I gained about 20lbs and I ate lots of cereal and bananas so I SHOULD be having a boy. The calendar and my grandmother (who has yet to be wrong) say girl but the diet theory that has also been proven accurate for me says boy. I'm praying to God almost every night that this will be my baby boy! I hope you get your boy too :hugs:

That works for me, i lost weight jan to june and then started gaining...and its a girl :)
with the boys i just stayed the same

I was eating crap for a year (even longer) before conceiving my daughters and put weight on round the time of both so they both should of been boys if that is true.

I was eating crap for a year (even longer) before conceiving my daughters and put weight on round the time of both so they both should of been boys if that is true.

I guess everyone is different...... Either that or it is pertaining to people whose diets change all of the time.

mine had been the same for years until i started the diet, where i lost about 1 1/2st and then in the 3mths prior to bfp gained about 9lbs, if that helps our experiment?!

Yes 30mummy I think that helps! Maybe it is for ppl who switch up weight and eating routines often and then whatever you did the 6-12 months before conception is what the outcome depends on! But if your in the same routine for yrs it can go either way.

It'll be nice when they find an actual 100% accurate reliable method

It is sooooo difficult to know why some people get girls and some boys. You can sway according to timing, diet, exercise, what your partner can do can affect it, hell they even say what position you dtd in affects it! Who knows, maybe you would've got that gender without doing any of the changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->