Are IVF / ICSI babies more likely to deliver early?

TrixieLox

Reaction score
I ask cos my friend just had her son at 32 weeks (not sure why, she'll tell me when she finds time but know she was getting tummy spasms the past week or so) and a lady at work had her daughter at 34 weeks: they both had IVF.

I'm having a little ICSI miracle too so wondering what the chances are of my daughter making an early appearance?

I feel great at the moment, better than I did in first and second trimester whereas my friend was really struggling the past couple of weeks so hopefully, my little poppet is quite happy in there (apart from the fact she keeps grinding her head into my hip as she's lying oblique!)

My little icsi baby turned up completely by surprise at 38 weeks - I thought it was a bonus!!!

Oooh I had ICSI too. I said to DH this morning that I really feel this babe will be early, like 3 weeks early, goodness only knows why I feel that way but just do. I hope to hang in there until 38 weeks at least and have no indications she will be early just a feeling!

Yeah, I have this funny little feeling my little one will come early too, like 37 or 38 weeks? I just hope she doesn't come toooooo early, I'd rather she hold on until 37 weeks at least!

Mrs G, ICSI is where they actually inject the swimmers into the egg. With IVF, they just pop the swimmers and egg in a dish and let the swimmers get to the egg their own way. I had ICSI cos my eggs are a bit dodgy and sometimes low quality eggs have harder shells. Many people have ICSI cos of swimmer problems though, to give them a helping hand.

My friend had two rounds of ICSI.

Baby #1 - 41 weeks
Baby's #2 & #3 (ICSI Twins) - 38 weeks (late for twins)

I don't think it will cause baby to come early but I have been high risk of ptl due to a shortened cervix and spent a month in hospital from 24 weeks and I'm almost 34 weeks and he is showing know signs of coming early. It depends on the person not how you got pregnant.

I did read that you are at a higher risk of pre e and that is a cause of early delivery

It shouldn't be any different unless there was some underlying condition that caused them difficulty in achieving pregnancy on their own that may contribute to early labor.

I had IUI and don't have any signs of labour yet.

I had ivf/icsi and been told that babies are generally bigger so maybe that's a reason?
My boys been measuring 2-3 weeks ahead after 22 weeks

I'm kinda hoping to pop around week 37 for that reason, I'm at 33 weeks and my boys measuring at 35-36 now. Doctors have been freaking me out over it and how fluid levels are normal low and the High chance of c sect so I pray for early normal delivery just not too early

Babies will show when they're ready I guess ;P

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->