• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Are LUSH products ok to use during pregnancy?

I emailed LUSH when I was pregnant with my 1st child, as I had these concerns too. This is the reply I got! Hope to help xx

Dear Karen

Thank you for your recent e-mail

In response to your query, after checking with our Head Formulator we feel
that all of our products should be suitable for use whilst pregnant, trying
for a baby and when breastfeeding. The amount of essential oils included
should pose no problem, we understand that in the practice of aromatherapy
where a high concentration of oils are applied to the skin certain oils are
to be avoided, however the amount of essential oils included in our
cosmetics should pose no problem.

We feel that our 'Therapy' Massage Bar is especially lovely for 'Mums to
be', as it can be used to keep tummy's moisturised. Any products that
moisturise the body and help to keep the skin supple and stretchable (to
help prevent stretch marks) will be ideal for you at this time. Our
'Butterball' Bath Ballistic is another good choice (soothing fragrance and
contains pieces of real cocoa butter for moisturising the skin) and either
of our body moisturisers will be suitable. The 'Dream Cream' hand and body
lotion is great for especially dry skins and 'Sympathy For The Skin' is a
moisturising cream which can be used after a bath/shower to keep skin soft
and supple to help prevent stretch marks.

Thank you for the time taken to contact us. We do hope you will
continue to
enjoy Lush products in the future and if you have any further comments or
queries do not hesitate to contact us again.
It will be fine for you to use the lovely smellies that you have stashed
in your bathroom!
Regards
Jared

The Therapy massage bar is what I mentioned in an earlier post and the woman said the same thing as he did in his email, glad the woman was right. :)

I was 21 weeks pregnant and used bath bomb and got awful allergy it was called chill pill.

I wouldn't imagine they would be dangerous to use while pregnant at all :) After all, they're low in chemicals (parabens, etc) so what's the harm? Pamper yourself xx You'll be smelling lovely and feeling lovely in no time :flower:

I worked for Lush for about 5 years and yes, all of the products are safe for use in pregnancy.
Every so often the staff get pregnant too - and as far as I'm aware all babies come out absolutely fine after their Mums spending whole working days surrounded by those delicious smells and handling all of the products (and probably their houses as well - most staff have enough stuff at home that they could just about open their own mini-Lush store!)

I've used lush stuff throughout my pregnancy and not had any problems. Dreamwash is great (yes it does contain lavender but I have found advice on this to be conflicting), I love therapy and each peach massage bars, the solid shampoos ate fab and last ages, as for bath stuff I've loved butterballs, cinders and so white, plus any other that have taken my fancy, comforter is lovely too. In all I'd use them and recommend them without any worries, just be aware that your skin might react differently to normal.

I've been using Lush stuff with no problems. :thumbup: Of course, now I'm tempted to go buy a bunch more!

my nan got me loads from there and asked the women if they ws suitable for pregnant women, they told her that MOST products are fine as they only contain natural products, x

Yup I've been using a massage bar [can't remember the name] that has these little beans in it and it's gorgeous...I have friends who work there, one of which has a little boy and I'm always in there chatting and asking for recommendations and they've never said anything would be unsafe to use.

Aha just read the reply from Lush, good good :)

AFC84 the bar you're using is Wiccy Magic Muscles, it's designed for after sports use, it's lovely on sore tired legs and when you get cramp :)

Oooh yeah that's the one!

I'm also loving Fresh Farmacy which is a cleanser bar, Brazened Honey face mask, Snow Fairy shower gel [always!] and this cinnamony soap stuff....I'm obsessed with cinnamon things at the moment!

Awww I am glad I've seen this, I am sending hubby to lush next weekend to get some bits for my neices and hoping he's gonna get a few stocking fillers for
me too :)

I have ONLY been using Lush products!! Makes me feel a lot better as they are all 100% natural! Will be using them on Poppy once she arrives, plus Burt's Bees stuff too! Shame it's all a bit pricey!

My sprog will be a lush baby too, just need to be careful with baby's delicate skin.

I know this is an old thread. You're all right about natural being good of course but some things are dangerous i pregnancy including lavender and rosemary oils. They can both bring on miscarriage in sufficient quantity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"