are OPKs worth it?

cravemyheart

Reaction score
Hey girls (and guys)

I just came off birth control (pill) almost two weeks ago. I probably wont ovulate this month. Is it worth it to get a OPK and test this month?

Advice is wholeheartedly accepted

Honestly, I only did OPK's this cycle because I had some left over and thought, why not!

But no, I don't think they are worth it as they only detect a serge and can't tell you if you actually ovulated or not.

If you are going to do one thing while TTC, you should be temping! That is the only way to 100% confirm ovulation.

I ordered a bbt. Its taking its sweet time getting here though.

If you wanna use opk get the wondfo cheaply from amazon they do work and mixed with temping will help you feel super positive about if you ovulated

I use OPK's and they detected LH surge 3 weeks after stopping the pill. I'm using them from CD10 every month because I tried temping but I can't do it consistently because I have a toddler that wakes up at different times every morning and is poorly right now, and you're meant to temp at the same time every day before you even get out of bed and I can't do that.

I didn't temp just used opks and it worked for me I'm five weeks pregnant now :)

Best of luck. Xx

I temp and just got some cb digi opks x

I did use opks since my temping is inconsistent for the last 4 months. However, now we are bding every other day from the end of my period through 2 weeks. If I ovulate it would be in that time frame since my periods are regular. I found when using them I surged twice all months and always consistent in timing. If we dont get our positive we will be seeing a doctor by June.

Would they be worth it to use right after coming off the pill? Did anyone ovulate their first month off the pill?

I did back in high school I got pregnant 2 weeks after coming off BC! It definetly possible I would start using opk at like cd11 and test for a week or so and see if you get your surge if you wanna know for sure that you release an egg then temping is the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->