Are preemies generally late at fixing and following (vision)?

roxie78

Mom of 2
Reaction score
Just wondered whether it was a common thing or not but my DD is 9 weeks actual 5 weeks corrected and is only just starting to look at faces, objects etc. Sometimes (or most times!) I can wave a toy at her, or show her one of her black and white books etc and its like she doesn't even know they are there. Or if i show her an object and she does see it if i slowly move it one way or the other her eyes don't generally follow it. Occasionally she will look at mine and hubbys faces etc but not always. No smiles yet either but I know they will probably be later than usual.

Hey Roxie (oooh how I want to call my LO that, but DH won't agree grrrrr every time I see u round the forum I think that lol)

Sounds normal Hun, think my LO was about that age or even older before she followed/focused on anything, and smiles did come later. :)

lol Roxies not my name but its my wannabe name lol DH wouldnt agree to it for DDs name either lol

glad to know its normal with the eyesight thing though. I'm sure she will get there when she is ready?

Yeah my Lo was the same it took some time before she would focus on things it will come don't worry.xx

Cameron is 10weeks old and has just started to look at us and started smiling this week :) think every baby is just different xx

The thing that slightly annoys me is the HV said last week that if she isn't fixing and following etc by next week (when she will be 10 weeks actual 6 weeks corrected) she will be referred to the opthalmoligist (or however you spell it!) and I'm thinking I doubt she'd refer a 6 week old for that so I'm gonna tell her that next week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->