Are sharp pains normal?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by claire23, Apr 12, 2009.

1. claire23

claire23 Well-Known Member

Hiya girls. My first post in 2nd trimester, so glad I made it here! I have a little worry re sharpish pains I am experiencing at the moment. They are on both sides of the abdomen, almost near the uterus, I am guessing where the tubes are. The pain is not constant, most of the time when I move suddenly or lie in an awkward way, it also comes up when I am sleeping. Is this normal? Are these growing pains?
    :hug:

2. Chaos

Chaos Mum to one =)

Sounds like round ligament pains to me. They stretch as your womb grows. If in doubt call your MW or OB for a professional opinion. :)

3. buddabun

buddabun A mummy at last!

Yup I'd go with stretching pains too :wave:

4. PrincessSoph

PrincessSoph Well-Known Member

yep sounds like stretching pains. hope they ease off soon

5. claire23

claire23 Well-Known Member

Thank you all! It put my mind at rest, as I didn't expect them to start so early!

6. TTC LADY

TTC LADY Well-Known Member

I agree with the others...actually experienced round ligament pain last week. Hope you feel better soon

7. dizzy duck

dizzy duck Mummy to Oliver

Yep defiantly sounds like ligament pain, hope it settles for you soon, take care :hugs: XX

8. happygirl

happygirl Well-Known Member

yeah i got this in the early weeks and it does hurt a little and makes you think somethings wrong but as long as its not unbearable for you and you have no other problems then its just everything stretching and growing in there! see it as a good thing as it means bubs is growing nice and big! lol xx

9. augustbaby09

augustbaby09 Well-Known Member

Always worrying when there is a pain. Iam too having some discomfort but its most likely stretching. x

10. charliesmom

charliesmom Dad, daughter, 2 chis

I just got some today... when I was driving. And lately I've had uterus pain when I pee... but they all go away within seconds or a few minutes, so I'm not worried.

11. NewlywedTTC

NewlywedTTC Well-Known Member

I had this quite often at the beginning of second trimester. Especially if I stood up to quickly, rolled over in bed with a sudden movement, or made a sudden movement at all (like the morning I woke up to the phone ringing an without thinking twisted to answer it. OUCH!). But they are much better now. Now I just have awful groin pain :( I'm hoping the chiropractor can fix it LOL My experience is the type of pain you are having is normal, but I've heard if it is a constant, rhythmic pain or doesn't go away within 30 minutes then you are supposed to ring your doctor. Hope this helps!

12. BlackBerry25

BlackBerry25 Helena & Elliot <3

I had them in my second tri, but I only had them maybe 4 days total and then I never had them again. They do hurt a lot though :( Hope yours dont last for long!