Are the names too similar?

sandyhen85

Reaction score
Hey Ladies!!

So, I've had a baby girl name picked out since I was a teenager and couldn't wait for the day where I would be able to use it. I am now weeks away from giving birth to my first daughter 'Alyssa Paige' and I cannot wait, but Im having jitters with the name now, because my stepdaughter is called Melliza and I think they sound too similar that I can't use Alyssa...I thought I would get opinions off others, so what would you think if you heard of two sisters called Melliza and Alyssa?

Thanks in advance :)

How do you pronounce it? The same as melissa? If it is then it is very similar to me but i wouldn't think twice if i heard the names together so if you like it then keep it.

I think it's cute that they rhyme :) If Melliza is pronounced like Melissa.

I assume Melliza is Mel-liza or Mel-leeza... no idea how that would be pronounced Melissa :s

Sorry ladies, I should have said that it is pronounced Mel-Liza, but people get it wrong and call her Melissa all the time, they even write it Melissa and this is what concerns me.

I keep saying them together out loud, one minute I think it's fine and the next I don't lol

I had ago at looking for other names last night, but no joy. I know I wouldn't find a replacement that quick, but I had hoped I might see a couple I might consider, but no.

I think that it is fine, with the way your stepdaughters name is pronounced. Melissa would be too close (imo).

I don't think they're too similar, I think they go together nicely.

The name you have picked for your daughter is beautiful:flower:

I like them going together, but they don't sound daft. You wouldn't be happy if you changed your mind, so don't! :)

Now you've cleared up the pronunciation of you stepdaughters name then I deffo don't see them as similar, if it had of been pronounced Melissa tho then I think it would've been too similar. Alyssa is Very pretty name btw :)

Thanks for the responses ladies and to the nice comments about the name...I have decided not to worry and to just go for it, it's the name I've dreamt of using for so long and my stepdaughter likes the name as well so I don't think it will be a problem.

Eek 3 weeks to go and I'll finally be using it for real :)

Thank you again x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->