are the new FRER tests reliable?

Rei

Reaction score
So I bought done of the new FRER tests and I understand that they have a wider absorbant tip l and a slightly curved handle, however when I used the test (and I followed these instructions very carefully. However I noticed a bubble forming underneath the test window. The test was bfn and in all honesty I tested really early, but I'm concerned about other tests having a problem with this bubble. Anyone el see have a problem with the quality of the test? Are they still just as sensitive?

Hey Rei, I'm curious what is a FRER test?

frangi frer Is First Response Early Results

Oh wow, so people can test before their period is due? That's awesome, I was so intrigued I just asked on another thread too lol

Hi - I totally just posted about this in another thread. I have had that exact same bubble, and that's not my only issue with the new curved design. I don't know why they thought we needed to be more 'comfortable' when holding this thing in our urine stream for five seconds (or how this design achieves that more than the old one?), but it stinks.

Besides the bubble, I've had problems with glare on the curved window and very visible indent/evap lines. Bottom line - I don't like these anymore, and I used to love them. Too bad, but true!

Yes Frangi They have several types
I use the 6 days sooner version.
They seem to be detecting as low as 10miu per some ladies, tho marketed for much higher ( cya lol).
I don't care about the handle curve- 5 secs is so brief!? But I H-A-T-E the glare on the window, because the 2nd half curves with the handle!! WTH??:saywhat:
I have a super hard time seeing very faint lines, not to mention they still have the "vacant space" where the test line antibodies are so you can see the "evap line" frequently. You really have to go with whether or not you see pink.

I have a super hard time seeing very faint lines, not to mention they still have the "vacant space" where the test line antibodies are so you can see the "evap line" frequently. You really have to go with whether or not you see pink.

Exactly, exactly, exactly. And THIS is where the other problems with the curved design really come into play...when you're no longer simply looking for a line, but are instead trying to determine the exact color of the line that IS inevitably there (trying to determine if faint BFP or evap/indent), a glare or bubble on the results window is really, really infuriating.

If u have hcg is present it is going to show up on the test...bubble or not. False negatives are extremely rare.

I noticed it is hard to see where the test line might appear too because of a glare. Thank you ladies I'm glad I'm not the only ones having these problems

Enjoyed reading the opinions about FRER. Because I have been TTC for some time now I have a collection of tests but never got to use any because of AF (I prefer not to test early).

I have FRER, Clear Blue digital (5 days sooner version with weeks since ovulation feature) and E.P.T. As well as the normal FR.

Do you guys have a favorite or most trusted?! Since I'm having some possible symptoms this cycle I think I might test early.

I like FRER 6 days sooner - standard pink lines.
However since I start testing at 9dpo, and like to do fmu then 12 hrs later ea day, I am a fan of Walmart 88cent (First SIgnal) and $ tree (New Choice) to save money.
They are less sensitive that Frer6ds, so if I see something on those cheapies the frer should pick it up as well. That way I can poas to heart's content and not feel bad about wasting a frer.

I liked the old FRER 6 day sooner tests because they were the first test to show up positive for me. The blue dye tests were all sooooo faint I barely could believe a line showed up at all. FRER was as clear as mud.
I might have been testing too early (in fact I know I was testing too early now) but if anyone here is an obsessive tester like I am then they know the struggle of looking for the faintest of lines XD the glare just gets in the way and the bubble made me question if it was faulty or not.
The cheap ones showed light lines for me, but they were obviously there unlike any of the blue ones. If you like testing a lot, I recommend the cheap walmart ones as well XD Keep in mind you need to collect your urine in a cup and use a dropper. I just bought the little paper cups.

I really liked the old style frer as well, but not the one in recent years. I never had evaps with them even when taking them out of the case until a year or two ago. As for this new design, I am not a fan. So my rule is the line has to be clear for me to consider it a bfp. The glare and indent can really break a TTCer heart and cause them to spend way too much extra money. I also get the feeling too many people are complaining, and I'm noticing women saying they aren't getting refunds anymore.

I wish I had a test to recommend instead. But all I can say is treat them like a blue dye. CB with Weeks can give an early positive. I got 1-2 weeks at 11dpo (2 days before af). They're pricier than your regular sticks obviously, so I don't recommend them for excessive testing.

Thank you very much. I had actually seen them a little while ago at walgreens, I think. I almost bought them but I didn't want to spend the money unless I was late XD. then again you either get pregnant or not pregnant with digitals. You don't have to sit there trying to interpret the faintness of a line LOL

I didn't have a problem with them. They gave me an obvious BFP at 9 DPO, 6 days before my period was due. I love them! :cloud9:

With DD I took a ClearBlue at the same time and it gave me a false negative compared to the true BFP on a FRER, and an IC gave me a false negative this time compared to the new FRERs. So FRERs are still my trust brand. :thumbup:

I'm thinking of saving my CB digital for when I have already use the FRER and gotten faint or medium lines. I would rather show my hubby one that just says PREGNANT than sit and watch him try to figure out the lines lol.

I'm pretty sure I'm 7 or 8 DPO today. My temping was real off this month probably because I was a little sick during my fertile window.

As for the new design-- last month I got some HPT because I was feeling hopefull and my target was still selling the older ones (I checked the expedition dates!) so I have not tried them yet but I think I'll exhaust my current supply of HPTs (bought new cheapos today).

Rei Preach! lol
I look at the test with a mag glass first, then try a mini LED that is diff than my bathroom (yellowish) bulbs.
If I see ANY hint of a line while still wet, I check again once the test is dry to see if the line is easier to see.
I understand not reading them after the timelimit, but I personally have had extremely faint lines, that you have to keep guessing if they are there or not, but can be seen once dry. I never claim any without color tho I admit initial VERY faint ones are hard to see color on.
Basically if I see it, I try a couple more times with diff brands then break out a frer.
Since they are more sensitive, If I see something on Wallyworld or $ tree it should def show at least faint on a frer6ds.

LOl I'm the exact same way with my tests. If I even see the faintest shade of pink I'm in my bedroom window trying to see it in natural light, then kitchen light, then living room light, the a flash light XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->