Are there ANY good flower name for boys?

SarahBear

Reaction score
So since I've had Violet, I've really wanted my next kid to have a flower name. Trouble is, what if I have a boy? There aren't so many flowers that work s boy names. The best I can think of is Camas. IT sounds like Cam which is short for Cameron, so then it kind of sounds like a boy name, right? What can you all think of? Anything? Hopefully the next one is a girl.

With Aster, I can't help but think someone's going to notice that the first part of Aster is Ass. As for Ash, it's more of a tree than a flower, isn't it?

Cane
Reed
Lindon
Mandrake
Rowan
Birch
Sage
Thorn
Ash
Hickory
Spruce

most boys names are trees not flowers - makes sense as flowers aren't very masculine

They're mostly plants, not flowers but:
Florian
Jacinto
Crisanto
Briar
Heather/Heath
Juniper
Hawthorn
Narcissus
Watson (there is a flower called watsonia)

You'd be fine with Aster - my son's name is Asher and I never think ass!

I better hope for a girl next time around! Or maybe I'll just go with Keith and not worry about the flowers :p...

William (Sweet William)
Linden
Sage (plant rather than a flower but I love it so thought it deserved a mention :haha:)
Bay (same deal)
Florian (it means flower, that's close right??)
Jonquil

Hm... It seems the answer to my question is "no." Thanks everyone for trying!

If you google masculine flower names, you may find some you might like

Or Wolfsbane

Or laurel. If you are willing broaden your search to any plants

I see a few posters have mentioned Sage. I know it's a plant, but it flowers beautifully, pretty purple flowers that the butterflies love. I'd also suggest looking at the Latin names, you're more likely to find a good inspiration.

Well dont go with Keith that is imo the worst guy name out there. These are all flowers not trees or just bushes but flowers I googled them and none of them were ugly flowers ethier and you can search their meanings on https://www.buzzle.com/articles/list-of-flower-names-and-meanings-of-flowers.html

Masculine flower names I found are
Nalin- Its a really pretty flower that grows in wet or muddy area's kinda looks like an over grown snap dragon

Basil - I knew a very nice Italian man named Basil he was a restaurant owner made the best sea food linguine

Sorrell little tiny yellow flower would be good if having a march baby cause they are the lil yellow flowers found among the clover

Amaranth is another masculine flower name its a tentacle like flower and a unique

Briar is a purple flowers with thorns so handsome but hard to cuddle like most men can be hee hee

Wolfsbane a sticking beautiful colbolt blue flower and would be an awesome name

Dianthus
Adonis
Laurel
Mallow
Vervain
Zephyranth

hope this helps

Hm... It seems the answer to my question is "no." Thanks everyone for trying!

lol I was just going to post this :haha:

Sorry :) I had same dilema. We gave both girls flower middle names so we were stuck for our son. He ended up with Dafydd (Dav-ith) :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->