Are these normal hCG and Progesterone Levels for 8.5 weeks?

ttcinseattle

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I've been using progesterone cream (Emerita brand) since the TWW with this pregnancy because of a CP the cycle before. Not sure if I actually needed it, but figured it couldn't hurt.

I just had blood work done yesterday at 8 weeks 3 days. My progesterone level came back at 22.2. Is that a good normal level?

I've been having intense morning sickness this pregnancy and have been thinking it might be because my progesterone is *too* high thanks to the cream. I don't think that number is too high at all, but I'm thinking if it's a good number I might start weaning off the cream. I actually have already been weaning down since I hit 8 weeks, from 1/8 tsp twice a day to 1/8 tsp once a day. Any feedback on that would be much appreciated!

I was also curious to see my hCG since I've heard elevated hCG can increase MS. My hCG is at 140,000. Does that seem high for 8.5 weeks? I've been getting a little nervous about twins, particularly since my uterus is just 3 fingers under my belly button already. But that could just be because it's my second pregnancy? Fx :winkwink:

22 is a good number...not high per se but I'm to understand anything above 20 is considered good. If your office is continuing to watch your progesterone then I wouldn't worry too much about stopping because if it starts to go down they can either prescribe progesterone or you can continue the cream. I was using the exact same cream and my RE said to continue through the first tri which I did. I've seen lots of threads about high hcg like yours and all was well so I wouldn't worry too much about that. H&H 9 months to you!

Yes, both numbers look normal. Your progesterone is on the lower end of what my OB likes to see. Mine was 25 at 4w6d and he put me on prometrium, but he said anything over 20 is acceptable. (he just wanted to give me a boost bc of previous m/c's). Your hcg is really good too. Average for 8 weeks is 5,000-200,000, so your on the upper end of average. Congratulations!!

Yes, both numbers look normal. Your progesterone is on the lower end of what my OB likes to see. Mine was 25 at 4w6d and he put me on prometrium, but he said anything over 20 is acceptable. (he just wanted to give me a boost bc of previous m/c's). Your hcg is really good too. Average for 8 weeks is 5,000-200,000, so your on the upper end of average. Congratulations!!

Thank you both for the reassurance and info! I don't like that my progesterone is on the lower end, I guess maybe I'll keep using the cream. I've just been searching for a reason for this MS being so bad and hoping weaning off it might help. I had some spotting with my DS at 7.5 weeks, and then a CP as I said. No spotting at all this pregnancy, so maybe the cream is really making a difference!

H&H 9 months to you both!

Not sure about those numbers, but at my 5w6d hcg blood test, I was at 25,500. I suppose if you did the math at doubling every 3 days, you'd be just fine and not too high. And I only have one baby in there! lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->