are these positive ovulation tests?

Destiny08

Reaction score
hi! so i was told by my gp to get some ovulation tests as i havent had a period since coming off implanon. and this morning when i took my test it turned out as the 1 on top of the pic. after some odd discharge tonight i took another, which is the bottom test in the pic. is either one positive? both are darker than any other test has come out so far..

thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• 20130617_233622.jpg
    20130617_233622.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 34
I would say no. The darker one is pretty close but technically the test line has to be as dark as or darker than the control line for it to be considered positive. I'd test again in a few hours and then tomorrow. It looks like you might be on your way to an LH surge. GL!

Hey hun, not quite. The bottom one looks like you are close though. Mine usually goes from that, to a really strong positive over the next day or two. Keep testing mid-morning and late arvo so you don't miss it. Goodluck!!

Personally, last time I took an ovulation test my line was not as dark as the control line but I ended up ovulating within 24 hours anyway (confirmed by temp, CM, CP, and other symptoms)...My suspicion is that my urine was too diluted because I drink a LOT of water constantly so it was able to pick up the LH but not as strong as it actually was. So it's possible the same thing could have happened to you, but more likely that you will have a positive result soon, like everyone else said.

thanks for all the replies! i'm just happy to know it looks like my body is still ovulating! i havent had a period in over a year for a couple of reasons so i was utterly terrified that that meant i wasnt ovulating either!
here's hoping for a clearly visible positive soon!

It's about to happen, so test two times a day, to make sure you catch it. The line will be the same or darker to = positive, and when this happens it means you may ovulate within 48 hours.

this mornings test. still not quite? :p although it looks much closer right?

Attachments

• 20130618_103619.jpg
    20130618_103619.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 18

It does look closer, but just remember you shouldn't take OPKs in the morning. They aren't accurate. The best time is afternoon or evening.

It does look closer, but just remember you shouldn't take OPKs in the morning. They aren't accurate. The best time is afternoon or evening.

What exactly does OPK stand for?
How come the CBFM tells you to use FMU if they aren't that accurate in the morning? First time I've heard that tbh....... :shrug:

What exactly does OPK stand for?
How come the CBFM tells you to use FMU if they aren't that accurate in the morning? First time I've heard that tbh....... :shrug:

Here is a good explanation from another site:

"Opks are different than pregnancy tests...with pregnancy tests you simply want your most concentrated urine to make sure you can detect the hormone (hcg). When testing with OPK to predict upcoming ovulation you are testing not just for presence of LH (lutenizing hormone) but rather for its surge.

You do not want to test with FMU for 2 basic reasons:

One, LH is generaly synthesized in most women during the morning, it then takes a number of hours to make it from the bloodstream into your urine where it can be detected. If you test with FMU your surge may not have had a chance to make it to your urine yet, and by the next morning you may either miss the surge completely or only be detecting the tail end of it (meaning your +OPK would actually be a day later than it should have been, and it may be too late).

Two, we all have a small amount of LH present at all times in our cycle, for a small % of women their FMU may be concentrated enough to make an OPK be positive when the surge is actually not happening.

The best time to test with OPK is in the afternoon (evening also works for some women, unless they have a very short surge), although many women can test as early as 1100AM or so. Just don't do it too early in the morning or you risk missing it as it isn't strong enough in your urine yet."

My guess is that CBFM may not volunteer that since they are trying to sell test sticks...less peeing and less confusion equals less sales ;) You are more likely to keep testing if your results are varied.

Thanks chick... that kind of explains my whole post earlier :dohh:
What does OPK actually stand for?
I still wonder why CBFM requests them in the morning? :shrug:

Ovulation Predictor Kits. I can't say about CBFM. Other than it is a company who wants to make money....they are always going to encourage you to use as much product as possible. Maybe another reason is that they are just trying to encourage you to be consistent with time of day?

Ovulation Predictor Kits. I can't say about CBFM. Other than it is a company who wants to make money....they are always going to encourage you to use as much product as possible. Maybe another reason is that they are just trying to encourage you to be consistent with time of day?

Thanks chick, it's been bugging me a while what OPK meant..... :blush:
You could have a very valid point there...........

i took that morning test at 10:45am :) and i took another that looked exactly the same at about 4pm :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->