are we gunna need a new car?

Zarababy1

4 boys. TTC #5
Reaction score
when we have another sprog?? we've got a renult laguna...we're gunna need a 7 seater arnt we? :wacko:

Oh yeah, it would be really hard to squeeze three car/booster seats in the back. That is the one negative for us about having a third, we will have to get a huge suburban, but it will be worth it if we choose to do so.

The only thing with 7 seaters, you dont realy get much boot space

yeah we are having the same issue. I currently drive a 3 door ford fiesta and it is a struggle in the back with 2 car seats.
When we have number 3 I am toying with the idea of a 7 seater or just a large 5 seater, something like a focus c max or a vauxhall meriva.
My mil drives a vauxhall zafira and the size of it is what puts me off. I can't imagine being able to handle a car so big.

Oh yeah, it would be really hard to squeeze three car/booster seats in the back. That is the one negative for us about having a third, we will have to get a huge suburban, but it will be worth it if we choose to do so.

Not sure what you have right now but I have seen many, many cars with 2 seats & a booster in the backseat... I'm always in awe of how they fit in there but apparently you can do it with many North American cars. For what it's worth I love my aunt's Suburban lol, very roomy in the back on long drives... just a pain to park when you're used to a car!!

I think I will die the day I end up driving one of these:

https://www.utahbiodieselsupply.com/graydonblair/family/toyotaminivan/images/Minivan03.jpg

If you get something like a renault scenic or a nissan tino... or even a citroen picasso they all have 3 seperate seats in the back with proper individual seat belts. This is what we want. That way you'll fit 3 car seats in the back x

ours has three seat belts just not sure theres enuff space for three car seats!

no dont think there would be.. you'd need one with 3 individual seats in the back. I think. though why not try it?? you've got 3 car seats, give it a go x

That's partly why we are waiting 5-6yrs for no.3, I really dont want a 7 seater Lol Our car has 3 proper seatbelts and we have tried a booster and 2 car seats, didn't fit x

My friend has a vauxhall meriva and fits stage 0, a highback booster and a booster ine the back. I think its a case of trial and error and where you place the seats :thumbup:

yeah merivas are big too... out of our price range though boo... we'll probs get a scenic. Cheapest with 3 full seats in the back!

We have a Chrysler Grand Voyager and it has 5 huge seats at the back and a HUGE boot! Looks great too and it's very roomy inside,you can walk around lol

probably hon yes :lol: though like amy said, give it a go zara! i'm deffo gonna have to trade my car for something bigger for number 2! no way can i have two children in my beetle! :lol: haven't even considered what happens when and if we have a 3rd :dohh:

luckyme - i soooo want a suburban!! it's all we see over here on the tv shows we watch from the states! i don't think they sell them here, but i love them! they seem to be the fbi vehicle of choice on the tv :lol:

Not sure what you have right now but I have seen many, many cars with 2 seats & a booster in the backseat... I'm always in awe of how they fit in there but apparently you can do it with many North American cars. For what it's worth I love my aunt's Suburban lol, very roomy in the back on long drives... just a pain to park when you're used to a car!!

I think I will die the day I end up driving one of these:

https://www.utahbiodieselsupply.com/graydonblair/family/toyotaminivan/images/Minivan03.jpg

Our primary car (the family one) is a malibu. They are known for being a spacious car but I can't see it for some reason. We could probably do it if one of the seats was a booster but it would be a tight squeeze. Could be because my sons convertible car seat is HUGE though. My husband is kind of excited at the thought of getting a suburban, it was his first vehicle. I'm kind of nervous that I'll ram into things haha, and I really don't want to get a van. I'm like you and refuse to be seen driving one!

probably hon yes :lol: though like amy said, give it a go zara! i'm deffo gonna have to trade my car for something bigger for number 2! no way can i have two children in my beetle! :lol: haven't even considered what happens when and if we have a 3rd :dohh:

luckyme - i soooo want a suburban!! it's all we see over here on the tv shows we watch from the states! i don't think they sell them here, but i love them! they seem to be the fbi vehicle of choice on the tv :lol:

LOL that's so funny I've never noticed that about the TV shows. Maybe because I'm so used to seeing them. I love how spacious they are. It's one of the only vehicles my little guy doesn't get car sick in. We will probably end up buying one even if we only have two kids just for that reason.

LOL that's so funny I've never noticed that about the TV shows. Maybe because I'm so used to seeing them. I love how spacious they are. It's one of the only vehicles my little guy doesn't get car sick in. We will probably end up buying one even if we only have two kids just for that reason.

i think thats why i love them hon, they are just so unusual here! that is wonderful about no sickness in the suburban, we have a lot of hatchbacks here, more than anything :D

We could do with a 7 seater, its not so bad at the moment, just gotta make sure nicole is fastened in before we put charlie in the back, but its gonna be a nightmare once charlie is in his big carseat, no room whatsoever!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->