Are we NTNP or TTC ?

Hello,

We're NTNP because we're not charting or temping or whatever.. I don't even understand it really.

But he has this thing on his phone that tells us when I'm most fertile.. although I'm suspicious that it's all wrong because my monthlys haven't been the same since I lost my Oscar in April. So we do have some sort of idea of fertile times, but I don't think of it as TTC because we don't use other means of checking fertility etc.

Hi Ladies,

Please can I join? I am thinking this sub category suits our circumstances a little better right now! We had an early m/c last week and although we are getting striaght back on the baby making wagon DH has begged me to drop the opks, SS etc and take a much more relaxed approach, he worries I am TRYING TOO HARD! I think he is right and so this cycle we will be bding when we feel like it and just well....if it happens it happens! I have a scan on Monday so once I have that I will feel a little more de-stressed! I like the idea of the good olde fashioned approach so with the exception of our vits (me folic acid and vit b6 and dh zinc and vit c!) thats all the effort we will be making!

I think there is a fine line, actually a blurry line, between NTNP and TTC. I think it's hard to NTNP completely, because as has been said, if you're not preventing, then you kinda want to get preggers!

That said, I think NTNP can include everyone from no charting/aids at all to those who are using methods to help them figure out cycles but just not stressing and going all out.

For example, I've been 'charting' by putting a dot on the calendar for CD1 for the past 3 months so I can see how long my cycles are and know when I might ovulate. During the week of my fertile period I check my CM for EWCM. That's about it. Today on a whim I bought two dollar store ovulation tests and am going to test, because I really have no idea when I ovulate. These will be my first ovulation tests and I have to admit I'm a bit excited haha.

But, since I'm young and new to TTC, I just don't want to get too stressed out unless it takes a super long time for another BFP.

NTNP is a state of mind. It's whatever we want it to be! Good luck girlies. :dust:

Hi Ladies,

Please can I join? I am thinking this sub category suits our circumstances a little better right now! We had an early m/c last week and although we are getting striaght back on the baby making wagon DH has begged me to drop the opks, SS etc and take a much more relaxed approach, he worries I am TRYING TOO HARD! I think he is right and so this cycle we will be bding when we feel like it and just well....if it happens it happens! I have a scan on Monday so once I have that I will feel a little more de-stressed! I like the idea of the good olde fashioned approach so with the exception of our vits (me folic acid and vit b6 and dh zinc and vit c!) thats all the effort we will be making!

Sorry about your loss madly. I too had an early mc :angel: . Good luck! :hugs:

I think there is a fine line, actually a blurry line, between NTNP and TTC. I think it's hard to NTNP completely, because as has been said, if you're not preventing, then you kinda want to get preggers!

That said, I think NTNP can include everyone from no charting/aids at all to those who are using methods to help them figure out cycles but just not stressing and going all out.

For example, I've been 'charting' by putting a dot on the calendar for CD1 for the past 3 months so I can see how long my cycles are and know when I might ovulate. During the week of my fertile period I check my CM for EWCM. That's about it. Today on a whim I bought two dollar store ovulation tests and am going to test, because I really have no idea when I ovulate. These will be my first ovulation tests and I have to admit I'm a bit excited haha.

But, since I'm young and new to TTC, I just don't want to get too stressed out unless it takes a super long time for another BFP.

NTNP is a state of mind. It's whatever we want it to be! Good luck girlies. :dust:

Agree totally with this post! :thumbup:

Hello

I don't really think it is necessary to define this. I am trying to conceive in that I am not using protection but like others have said the TTC forum is waaay to heavy and I am not even close to taking any of those steps to get pregnant.

Somebody on another thread suggested CTTC, casually trying to conceive which perfectly sums up what me and my DH are doing. That said it is different for everyone and you will never find a catch-all description but this forum does its best and I enjoy reading and posting in here.

x

Hey girls
Can I join you all? I don't chart, don't use OPKs and all because of a long cycle. Find the whole TTC thing way too stressful anyway. Getting some FS help because both of us have issues. But as for BDing, we don't bother to BD around ovulation, cos I haven't pinpointed when it is anyway.

So great that there's a forum for NTNP people like ourselves! :)

One question, how do you change your status to "NTNP"? I don't seem to find it on my options.

I don't think there is an option to have an NTNP status :(

I agree, it's nice to have this little section for us more casual types. Welcome :wave:

Hi Ladies,

welcome madly.:hugs:i have been taking the relaxed way this cycle and im finding it much better,im not as stressed out which has got to be gd.

Im ttc but do it the ntnp way i guess...i have irregular cycles and i dont temp or use opk's, we just do it when we feel and hope that it will happen sooner then later. We try to bd every other day but it doesnt always happen that way, sometimes more sometimes less! With my other 2 children I never tracked anything and it took 1 month with dd and 4 months with ds! good luck and baby dust for all!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->