Are we on the right track ladies?

S123KEV

Reaction score
Mr Man is 10 days old and in on Aptimil 1st.

I think there might be a growth spurt going on this last day or two but wouldn't mind your views...heres a snapshot of today..

So he's only napped since being up at 5.50 and is finding to hard to settle. To me this baby will not stop drinking!

06.40 - 100ml
09.10 - 60ml
10.15 - 70ml
10.45 - 40ml
12.30 - 60ml
13.00 - 90ml

And as we speak hes after some more. Lots of cuddles etc here but Im I going mad or is this normal?

Thanks ladies...Kev x

Is he spitting up at all? If not then it's not too much and let him have as much as he wants. Definatly could be a growth spurt causing him to sort of cluster feed (ff babies do it too ;)).

Also, it's very possible he's just looking to comfort suckle to settle himself since he's wanting to feed so frequently. Have you tried a pacifier? If he's not napping well he's probably getting overtired and newborns especially will want to suckle more when they're really tired and the tired cues at that point look pretty much exactly the same as hunger cues.

If he's not napped in a while (an hour of being awake at the most for his age) and he just recently ate a good amount, I'd try- swaddling him, give him a pacifier, make sure the room isn't too loud or bright, use white noise and rock him. It's a SUPER common first time parent thing to confuse overtired for hungry in a newborn. Don't be afraid of pacifiers, there's nothing wrong with them when used correctly and they work miracles for babies with a high suckle instinct like it sounds like your little boy has.

Thanks Mommy,

We will defiantly try swaddling as we have only dabbled with it so far.

Everything you suggest makes sense and I really appreciate your reply. As you say its the first timer syndrome here and we have it BAD! lol.

Thanks again!

have you seen the double swaddle? works so well with our LO!

but yeah i remember LO doing cluster feeding on formula, this coincided with her sleeping longer at night and the MW said they do this to store up for a longer sleep ;)

Morning!

So we tried his summer swaddle last night and we went for much longer than usual. He settled at 7pm and dint wake until 10 for a feed. He seems to really get on with them so fingers crossed and many, many thanks again! :) xxx

My little boy is 11 weeks and has been FF since 3 and a half weeks. I think I remember him feeding like this too. Even now he occasionly does it, feeds smaller amounts every hour to hour and a half and it seems to be late arvo before he goes down and STTN so it would make sense as PP said storing up to get through a big sleep time. I FF on demand anyway, if he's hungry I just feed him as you would do if he was BF.

have you seen the double swaddle? works so well with our LO!

but yeah i remember LO doing cluster feeding on formula, this coincided with her sleeping longer at night and the MW said they do this to store up for a longer sleep ;)

Yep, mine too. She doesn't eat much per feeding during the day (only like 4 oz.) but the last feeding before her bath she takes 5 ounces plus her rice cereal (for GERD) and then after her bath she sucks down another 3 oz.! She's been doing this since she started STTN :)

Thanks Mommy,

We will defiantly try swaddling as we have only dabbled with it so far.

Everything you suggest makes sense and I really appreciate your reply. As you say its the first timer syndrome here and we have it BAD! lol.

Thanks again!

You're welcome :flower: The Summer Swaddlers are awesome and there's also something called The Miracle Blanket for swaddling that's supposed to be great. I use these ones: https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2596179 They come in a bigger size too that goes up to 6 months and they also have them in a light weight cotton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->