Are you expecting TWINS.....adjusting?

cs2001a

Reaction score
Hi Ladies. Suprise....you are having twins. Never in the world did I expect this new when I went for a 7wk scan. I just layed there in silence, I evern think my mouth was stuck open. I am slowly adjusting but there is just so much to think about. We already have a 18mth old and there is a chance we could have 3 under 2....very daunting. Have told close family that we are expecting but haven't mentioned...."btw, it is twins". We had to tell them as I am growing fast and do not think I can hide it until 12wks.

There are so many worries/questions going through my head.... from how the pregancy is going to be - to what are we going to do about childcare. Financially I know I am not going to be able to have 12mths off, so I am going to have to comeback to work fairly early.

Worries....questions....worries....questions.

Anyone else going through the same?

I'm currently 6 weeks pregnant with 2 sacs. One had a yolk sac and the other was a bit smaller and empty. But given I'm so early it could go either way: twins or a vanishing twin.

At the moment we are trying not to make any plans. I'm a SAHM and our house is big enough for an extra 2 babies. We get enough tax credits that more babies = more money (even though OH earns a good wage), so initially our finances will be better. An extra 3 years at university to fund?? Guess we have plenty of time to deal with that.

Our main concern is the car. We were already worried about fitting 3 car seats in, but if we end up with a 4th then we are gonna have to get a big 7 seater! I reckon everything else we would need in duplicate I can blag from family.

My last pregnancy was, I had three under 2 when the twins were born, this was started twins but lost one.

Twins are awesome, the first 6 months were hard but it had more to do with the fact my eldest had suspected autism and ADHD then the twins, logistically it's a nightmare, but the day to day is fine, get them in a routine and it's fine.

Ask me anything ...

Honestly, when you have those this two precious angels in your arms you will feel incredible, there is nothing more beautiful than twins holding hands, or cuddling together. I'm so proud of being a twin mummy, there is something magical about it and you will have life long friends because no one understand like another twin mummy.

It's has it's ups and downs, pregnancy is hard, but so so worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->