Are you going to use temp charting or opks ???

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
I said I woudn't as I don't want to get obsessed but am not sure now - I want to be pregnant asap so knowing what is happening would be better wouldn't it ????

What is more acurate temp charting or opks ???? Can you take your temp in the evenings rather than the mornings ???

I don't plan on using anything to start with as I don't want to let it take over our lifes but if things don't work within a few months I imagine I will quickly change my mind!

xxx

I don't plan on using anything to start with as I don't want to let it take over our lifes but if things don't work within a few months I imagine I will quickly change my mind!

xxx

Ditto!! I think its best to try to be relaxed about it initially, but if it doesnt happen after a few months then start being more....precise!!:rofl:

I chart now and have done since April 07, so it just comes naturally to me! I'll carry on using my ladycomp and have sex more on the red days :)

Won't use OPK's I don't think, there are a few factors that can make them unreliable.

I won't because OH doesn't want me to. Wants to keep it natural.

As far as i know you have to take your temp first thing in the morning before you get up or talk or anything xx

Yes, well you can talk but no physical movement i.e. getting upto to go to the loo. I wake up when the alarm goes, take it and go back to sleep if I don't have to be up. Easy peasy!

I take temps. it's simple and inexpensive. I can't be bothered with OPKs either. Too much money and too much sqinting :rofl:

No, I just use the calendar. I usually have a pretty good idea of when I'm ov.

I think its down to personal preference and individual situation.

i have PCOS so i dont even know if i O let alone when so i'm temping and charting now so work it out. however even if i didnt have PCOS then I think I would do both of these while in the WTT section because surely getting to know your cycle and roughly when you O seems like a good idea to me or there might be wasted BDing going on (which i've heard isnt as fun as the normal stuff IYKWIM)

:)

I think it's a good idea to get an idea of your cycles when wtt. If you have regular a/fs then technically you should be ov'ing 14 days before that so using opks can identify if that is the case (although i understand they may not work for everyone). I use opks along with checkin cm and do get ov pains.

I got to know my cycles before ttc the first time and as a result fell pregnant the first time of trying.

Good luckx

I agree with Chanel (hello hun :wave: )
It's a good idea to get to know your cycles before ttc'ing. For this reason, I decided to come off the pill 3 months before trying. I then monitored my cycles but writing things on a calendar. I used opk's to get an idea of when I am ov'ing. I haven't gone down the ff route and don't chart as such - I think that would do my head in, but it works for some.

Hi Poshie :hi:

As you can see i'm still waiting on the :witch: :hissy:
Looking on the brightside I can have a merry xmas :drunk:

Hope the witch hurries up and gets on with her thing very soon hun. We had a half hearted attempt at ttc this month but witch came early for me. Like you though, the good thing is I can have a few beers. That started last night actually and I'm paying for it today!

Best of luck and have a good xmas x

PS. Sorry to trounce your thread Mrs Doddy.

Hiya

Thanks everyone - thing is I am on the pill and won't be coming off till ttc - so monitoring the cycles is a little pointless - H won't let me come off now as he is convinced that I will get pregnant straight away

Also if I do the temp charting then I will never get a lie in coz i will never be able to go back to sleep - can I do it in the evening before bed???

too many variables in the evening. That's why it's first thing in the morning when you have been resting for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->