Are you kids contagious? Did you watch?

So putting others at risk? does that mean vaccines dont work then? *totally playing devils advocate here I know*

I'm talking about younger children who haven't had theirs yet or those who cannot for medical reasons..... So no not because vaccines don't work :roll:

Interesting. I havnt heard that end of it, think its because I have anti vax friends. I do breastfeed to help matters also which I believe helps a lot.

do you not vaccinate? breastfeeding gives anti bodies yes, but it doenst really give much protection against these diesease, I mean go back a few generations ago and everyone breastfed because there wasnt an alterantive and how many children died? I mean in typical families most people had lost at least one child to these diesease and ones we have no eradicated ... thanks to vaccines.

Interesting. I havnt heard that end of it, think its because I have anti vax friends. I do breastfeed to help matters also which I believe helps a lot.

do you not vaccinate? breastfeeding gives anti bodies yes, but it doenst really give much protection against these diesease, I mean go back a few generations ago and everyone breastfed because there wasnt an alterantive and how many children died? I mean in typical families most people had lost at least one child to these diesease and ones we have no eradicated ... thanks to vaccines.

Yes I do if you read back.

Part of me feels that children here should be vaccinated before starting school but part of me doesn't. Esther is well behind on hers at the moment. By the time she gets her 1st MMR it'll be nearly time for her 2nd so i'm assuming i won't be able to get it done that close to the 1st. Therefore she may have to start school a few months before she has it. I wouldn't want her to not be able to start school because personal circumstances have delayed her jabs.

So putting others at risk? does that mean vaccines dont work then? *totally playing devils advocate here I know*

I'm talking about younger children who haven't had theirs yet or those who cannot for medical reasons..... So no not because vaccines don't work :roll:

Nothing is 100% effective. vaccines aren't but to expect them to be 100% effective and not get them because they "don't work" is just ignorant

If people who argue that they are not effective knew a little more about science and did not have irrational expectations the world would be a better place

Nothing is 100% effective. vaccines aren't but to expect them to be 100% effective and not get them because they "don't work" is just ignorant

If people who argue that they are not effective knew a little more about science and did not have irrational expectations the world would be a better place
I was throwing that in and as above again I do vaccinate and dont get them because I believe they dont work.

I still have to wait for Alex mmr, its late as he was sick and our surgery cant take him for another few weeks so its delayed longer. They are renovating and cant get in to them rooms I was told.

I was throwing that in and as above again I do vaccinate and dont get them because I believe they dont work.

I still have to wait for Alex mmr, its late as he was sick and our surgery cant take him for another few weeks so its delayed longer. They are renovating and cant get in to them rooms I was told.
I wasnt talking about you but people who believe that. Like my sister whose just batty as heck she is extremly anti vaccines and we but heads about it. When my lo was only a few months old he got the first vaccine so far i dont remember which he had but he got the first round. Well i talked to my doctor and we decided that my LO shouldn't be around her two daughters (one year and 6 years old) because they didnt vaccinate.

Well she is my sister so i said i just want to wait until he is a lil older. She flipped saying "see vaccines dont work hes not protected, this is BS, how dare you keep my nephew away from me" and a bunch of nonsense that no one respects her opinion. Snd when i told her "i just want to be safe we can see eachother the next time your in the state, and you should respect my decision to do what i feel is best for my son"

We haven't talked since except for some anti vaccine emails with links but i dont reply. Hey im not sending pro vaccine stuff to her but whatever.

You said earlier in this post that you vaccinate i was really talking about my sis saying "see vaccines dont work"

Part of me feels that children here should be vaccinated before starting school but part of me doesn't. Esther is well behind on hers at the moment. By the time she gets her 1st MMR it'll be nearly time for her 2nd so i'm assuming i won't be able to get it done that close to the 1st. Therefore she may have to start school a few months before she has it. I wouldn't want her to not be able to start school because personal circumstances have delayed her jabs.

Depends when my niece had her MMR the booster was due at 18 months. (I think) When Chloe and Jaycee had their MMR their red book said they were due after they turn 3 so when they were 3 I rang my doctor surgery who told me they are due on 20th May so thats when they are booked in for along with their preschool boosters. So if LO had hers done now she might just be behind a little with her second, I am not sure how it works.

Well I selectively vaccinate on a delayed schedule and I don't believe that I am a lunatic lol. I have weighed up all the risks of vaccination against the risks of not vaccinating and taken into account our lifestyle and come to my own conclusions. I didn't watch the programme as I didn't know that it was on, but I doubt it would have changed my mind.

My kids get the 5:1 at 6 months and, so far that's it. As they get older I'm continually looking at whether the time is right to give them anything else. I think I'll suggest getting the MMR to them once they get to the teen years. I would advise against them getting the HPV one though.

I'm in the same boat, and I don't consider myself a "lunatic". We will be selectively vaccinating starting at age 2. If you look at studies, a lot of these diseases occur even in vaccinated people, such as whooping cough. And some of them only protect against certain strands of diseases such as the one for Pneumococcal disease. And vaccines have made many of the diseases more deadly than they were before, as people have become more immune to them, putting those who can't get them for medical reasons, at an even greater risk. I don't want to get in to a debate here so I won't go any further with that, but this is something I feel very strongly about. What a lot of people don't take into consideration is the fact that hygiene has also changed drastically in the last several decades, and that disease isn't spreading as rapidly as it did before vaccines, when these diseases were much more prominent. Yes, vaccines have helped, but so has hygiene. We really don't know what would be happening without them.

But, as an adult who knows the risks of them, I cannot in good conscience not vaccinate my children all together. Things such as varicella, flu, rotovirus, and HPV will be skipped though. Hep B, Polio, Hib, ect we will give.

And vaccines have made many of the diseases more deadly than they were before, as people have become more immune to them, putting those who can't get them for medical reasons, at an even greater risk.

I dont want to debate either but I just wondered whats your reasource for that. I never heard that before.

And vaccines have made many of the diseases more deadly than they were before, as people have become more immune to them, putting those who can't get them for medical reasons, at an even greater risk.

I dont want to debate either but I just wondered whats your reasource for that. I never heard that before.

Nor me. If that was the case why would the NHS waste millions on vaccinating children if its not going to protect them. It doesn't make sense.

Its nonesense, the vaccines give you anti bodies to those diseases, so her statement makes so sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->