Are you saving for the baby now ??

*hugs* You're not alone in having families that won't help.

Dad and I arent close, my mum died and H's parents are too far away and don't drive so we are on our own - got friends with kids tho so will have the support from them hopefully

My bloke divorced his family long before he met me. They aren't nice people. My family in the States aren't nice either. They're copper making penny-pinchers, too, so they wouldn't ship anything.

*hugshugs* to all

Oh and OH and I have a baby jar now. Now I just gotta get him excited about a babe.

Haha. That's the trouble, isn't it? Something important comes up and...

this post is funny, because we JUST started putting money actively into savings for future baby needs. Of course, now our water heater is about to go.....oh well. I guess it is true, no matter how much planning you try to do, life has a way of taking you to unforseen directions. :dohh:

If you wait to do something until everything is completely ready, then you'll never do it...

Or so the saying goes. :D

That's true enough. If I wanted to, I could think of reasons not to ttc and there is ALWAYS something that comes up that costs money. We were thinking just yesterday how we'd like to do some decoration at home, put down some new bathroom flooring etc. This on top of a holiday in Feb and saving for a baby! It's relentless isn't it.

Im glad its not just me who feels like it never ends!!
In theory, i have £1000 saved. But £500 of that was paying off the overdraft on the account! (in my world, that is still £1000 saved!) but now OH is saying about having a holiday in January! He isnt touching my baby fund though!

We decided a while back to take a winter holiday - go somewhere warm to get some sun in miserable February. This is still going to happen and it should just mean we don't save into the baby fund for a couple of months, so not the end of the world. After all, we don't know how long we will be ttc'ing for, so we could have a large lump of cash by the time comes!

yeah, verrry true. Maybe i should relent on the holiday :)
Im just worried about the £15,000 of student debt i will owe by the time i start ttc! >.<

Hey Drazic, my DH has about 25K student loan debt to pay back! I don't worry about it though because a percentage will get taken out of his wages by the tax man to cover that each year. It'll just take some time to pay off, but that's okay with me. Don't let that stop you! :D

yeah, verrry true. Maybe i should relent on the holiday :)
Im just worried about the £15,000 of student debt i will owe by the time i start ttc! >.<

I've been worried about that,too. That's one reason why I want to pay off my car soon-one less bill!

I have student loans to pay off too. *grumblegrumble* Makes me angry that education is so expensive - and I wasn't even able to finish my degree.

At this point I barely have anything saved, but we just structured a budget so we can have regular money saving now. We have a bank account just for baby saving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->