are you still using your doppler @ 17 weeks +

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by bird24, Apr 22, 2009.

1. bird24

bird24 Mummy to Sophie

i've tried using mine but i find it harder and harder to find the heartbeat....i can hear lots of moving around and weird noises but when i find the heartbeat its still quite low down on my tummy....is that normal at 17 weeks +????

2. rubylei

rubylei Mum of 2 expecting no.3

my little man's is always low down too he kicks really low too they're not really that big still... i dont use it as much now i can feel him properly but hes always been a monkey to find!

3. ashnbump

ashnbump Mum to Kara & Pregnant!

hun, i'm 24 weeks and i use mine everyday lol! why the hell not lol when i was 17 weeks my baby girls HB was low down too, so don't worry, he/she has still got lots of places to hide atm xxxx

4. Pippin

Pippin Sam and Adélie-Rose's Mum

yer always! Mine is still low at near 23 so no worried hon. x

5. Tilly

Tilly Guest

I'll be 20 weeks tomorrow and the heartbeat is still low down.

6. Mary Jo

Mary Jo Mummy to Adam and Joel

yep, I'm over 24 weeks and the most reliable place to find HB is right low down, as low as I first found it at 17 weeks.

Midwife got it really high up on Monday, which surprised me, but she felt his position first, it wasn't a random guess. I wish I could tell by feeling what is what in there!

7. charliesmom

charliesmom Dad, daughter, 2 chis

Yup! Same experience here. Mine is low still, I'm assuming its upside down. And it's harder to find because it's always swimming around! I hear so many whooshing noises.. then the heartbeat will come in and out as it's wiggling by.

8. lindypops

lindypops Lin, Si and Eve

I used mine till about 21 weeks and it ws pretty much always low down. MW listened much higher and got a better 'signal'!

I don't bother now as she kicks me continuously :)

9. PrincessSoph

PrincessSoph Well-Known Member

yer i use mine now and again. I think because they seem to move more as they get bigger cos i find her HB then you here her wriggling and its gone again!

10. Tam

Tam Mum of 2 - PG with No.3

Yeah at 17wks it is still low. I am just over 21wks and find it either side of my belly button now. x

11. LucyEmma

LucyEmma Well-Known Member

I still use mine, or try too but mines rubbish! lol when the midwife listenes mine in the middle area of my tummy at the moment x

12. cleckner04

cleckner04 Well-Known Member

I still use mine as well! At least twice a week if I think of it. We can find it down low still or right below my bellybutton as well. We typically go down low first though because that is the most reliable spot for finding it! Have fun!! :hugs: