Are you/ will you use follow on milk

Nope, I just don't see the point. I'd prefer not to be buying formula anyway because I don't agree with some of the corporate practices of the companies that make it, but I got sick and my milk dried up so couldn't BF anymore. So I certainly don't want to do it after 1 year when I can use cow's milk. There's a lot of fake, nasty stuff in formula and it's a great thing when you need it to meet the nutritional needs of your baby. But I'd rather buy some nice local milk and make sure my daughter is eating a healthy, well-balanced diet. We eat pretty healthy in our house, so I just can't see the point. I'd rather my money go to support a local farmer than to a big corporation. Plus, I've heard babies can't even absorb all the added nutrients anyway, so seems like a waste.

We did as Omar was off food from 13+ months, so he needed the extra nutrition from follow on. He used to drink cow milk during the day & formula at bedtime. We weaned him off the bottle & follow on at 23 months, & since then he doesn't touch any milk other than home made milkshakes or milk pudding although he used to drink any milk including LF normal milk out of a bottle.

I will be sticking with the stage 1 milk untill she is old enough for fresh cows milk at 1 year old .. I was told by the midwifes & health visitors that the stage 1 milk has all the nutritional needs she will require up to this stage 😊 x

Follow on is the 6months + milk. The 1year+ milk is toddler milk.

the hv said its unnecessary so im gonna carry on with stage 1 til she is one then go to cows milk

The stage 1 and follow on 6m are nr enough identical. I did use the 6 m follow on as u get boots points or tesco etc on it and. Lot cheaper. We now use cows milk x

Follow on is cheaper a lot of the time as its usually on offer. Also you get c,I card and boots points. Can't understand why HV says its not necessary or it's a con. Surely if it saves you money and you get points then that's a good thing!

Also cows milk is NOT cheaper after age 1 than Toddler milk. Again HV know nothing - at £1.50 per day on whole milk versus a £7 tub of toddler milk that lasts two weeks. Think I know what I'll be using as I did with my daughter!

50p a pint was just under 1.50 worth we were using each day! 3 bottles a day at 7oz each plus in cereal too was mental! Unless they're just having one bottle a day then whole milk isn't cheaper at all plus having to go out and buy it constantly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->