ARG! recurring UTI's help!

cuddlebugluv

Reaction score
I have NO idea why they keep coming back! this makes my third round with this and the doctors have given me antibiotics for them. The antibiotics work for a little while but then it comes back! I'm a very hygienic person and have gone above and beyond to make sure things are clean and orderly. but nope! I've called my doctors office and they think it's the extra vitamins I've been prescribed to take. I disagree and have to wait next week for my appointment. I'm really at a loss here. are recurrent UTI's really common and easy to get once you are pregnant? I'm really frustrated here and any tips and help will be greatly appreciated.

I've heard recurrent UTI's are very common in pregnancy.
I wish I had advice for you, but I just know the regular stuff; drink tons of cranberry juice, skip the panties, wear dresses/long skirts, don't use perfumed soap on your private bits (have you tried some of the Summers Eve products?)
Best of luck to you!

I had recurrent utis both my pregnancies, I ended up on a prophylactic dose, just one antibiotic a day for the rest of my pregnancies so you should ask your Dr to just keep you on a low dose until baby is born.

Thank you! I'll write that down and ask her if I can have that since the other antibiotics are not knocking this thing out.

Thank you so much for the tid bits you were able to give. I haven;t used summers eve in a long time but I'm willing to pick it back up. I had no idea about using non scented soap on the lady bits, that might be agitating it. again thanks so much!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->