arggghhhh jeremy kyle show today

I'm so glad they did this show, it just makes me so proud of everything i am and everything me and my family do.
it makes my blood boil to see those people siting at home all day every day.
me and my 5 month old son see my oh for about an hour each day cos he works all day then when he comes home he's out building a house for us.
just really winds me up that they get everything paid for them and they get more money than i get wages!
but at the end of the day me and my oh work hard for everything we have and that is something to be proud of (like a lot of people on this thread)
these people want to get out and get jobs even if it means working for the min wage. who on here hasn't had a job at some point that pays the min wage? get some self esteem and self worth and stand up and make your own way in the world and stop making us tax payers fund ur life style.
sorry for rant!

I have a "friend" who disgusts me tbh ... she is 21 with four kids, now i have no problem with her age or the fact she has four kids... (3 nd under) its the fact she has never worked a day in her life and never will(she will keep popping um out till she cant pop no more! haah)...no one in her entire family have had jobs ... EVER she gets a free house free council tax etc etc yet prob makes more money in benefits then most working people i know, in her case i don't understand why her rent and council tax should be free ?! its disgusting... also she got married last month yes thats right and it wasn't a small thing either! huge event! (3 course meals/horse nd carraige etc etc) all paid for by the tax payer! yet the government doesn't think she should pay rent/tax !!!!! ARGGHH!!!

Also ... she planned this, her whole family are the same when i was about 18(ish)(im 22 now) i remember sitting in a room with her younger cousin who was about 15 at the time and asked her what she was doing when she left school... she laughed and said "having a kid ... why work when u can get loads of money for having a baby .. and i really want a baby anyways" anyways shes now 19 has two kids! and all the free money she always wanted.... TWAT ! lol

nothing against parents who need benefits btw... i myself just came off income support :)and im glad its there for people who ACTUALLY NEED it :) not piss takers like these! x

Agreed! I know i have a lot of kids, but i certainly wouldnt expect oh to sit on his arse! We scrimp and save for ours

I can see how people get in the trap though, a couple of years ago oh was working at his mates shop and it went bust so he had to claim while he found something else(he has before i get jumped on!) and we were getting(because of our kids) near £500 a week and thats without rent or council tax, plus we were getting milk(fruit and veg) tokens so was saving money on that too. Plus we could get an £800 loan and only pay £20 a week back......

They make it too easy for people to scrounge... tooooo easy!

But the thing is, those people weren't actually committing fraud, they were just claiming what they were entitled to.

It's such a difficult thing though to say who deserves what, I mean, how can you tell who is a 'good' case and who isn't? I get help from the government right now because I'm a single mum, but I do work part time because I just cant imagine not doing anything but does that make me more or less deserving than someone else who has kids to feed?

I quite like what David Cameron has done with the Surestart Grant, making it only available for your first child is a good idea, but can you do that with other benefits? I was thinking that if they did it for child benefit, say, you can only claim for up to 3 children maybe that would doscourage people like that woman on there today with 7 kids, but then is it really fair?

And to an earlier poster, yes she was sitting there pregnant and smoking in front of her children. People like her are another reason that I work part-time, I dont want to be lumped together with all these other mums on benefits because I'm so not like that. I grew up on a council estate and for the most part, the mothers there didn't give a sh*t about their kids, you'd see them wandering up and down the balcony in a nappy with a packet of crisps in their hand at 7:30 in the morning.
But that's my point. People were claiming what they were entitled to - but not as a temporary measure to assist them through a period of redundancy, or a couple of years off to start a family. Those people were claiming those benefits as a lifestyle choice, which is nothing short of LAZY.

As for the SureStart grant, well I would have loved to have been given £500 to have my baby but I wasn't entitled to that as my husband and I both worked when I was pregnant. What that grant is about, I have no idea. If people need £500 to support them during their pregnancy, they shouldn't be pregnant!

unfortunately the system makes it far too easy. Give them only half what they get and theyd have no choice but to find jobs.

But the thing is, those people weren't actually committing fraud, they were just claiming what they were entitled to.

It's such a difficult thing though to say who deserves what, I mean, how can you tell who is a 'good' case and who isn't? I get help from the government right now because I'm a single mum, but I do work part time because I just cant imagine not doing anything but does that make me more or less deserving than someone else who has kids to feed?

I quite like what David Cameron has done with the Surestart Grant, making it only available for your first child is a good idea, but can you do that with other benefits? I was thinking that if they did it for child benefit, say, you can only claim for up to 3 children maybe that would doscourage people like that woman on there today with 7 kids, but then is it really fair?

And to an earlier poster, yes she was sitting there pregnant and smoking in front of her children. People like her are another reason that I work part-time, I dont want to be lumped together with all these other mums on benefits because I'm so not like that. I grew up on a council estate and for the most part, the mothers there didn't give a sh*t about their kids, you'd see them wandering up and down the balcony in a nappy with a packet of crisps in their hand at 7:30 in the morning.
But that's my point. People were claiming what they were entitled to - but not as a temporary measure to assist them through a period of redundancy, or a couple of years off to start a family. Those people were claiming those benefits as a lifestyle choice, which is nothing short of LAZY.

As for the SureStart grant, well I would have loved to have been given £500 to have my baby but I wasn't entitled to that as my husband and I both worked when I was pregnant. What that grant is about, I have no idea. If you need £500 to support you during your pregnancy, you shouldn't be pregnant!

unfortunately i don't think it is as black and white as if u cant afford ure baby don't have one.... people dont always put them selfs into situations where they need 500 pounds on purpose, but of course some do!

my opinion of this money is that it should be given in some sort of voucher form, or a card that has the value of 500 but can only be redeemed in a baby store/for baby items
not fair on thos who need it for honest reasons BUT least it stops certain types going shopping for new nikes! also you should get this ONCE! .. not like my "friend who i mentioned above.. has had it four times in 3 years! (twins in case the math threw u lol) and she has had all girls... not like she ran out of baby girl stuff is it ARGH! lol :dohh: :dohh::dohh::dohh:

unfortunately i don't think it is as black and white as if u cant afford ure baby don't have one.... people dont always put them selfs into situations where they need 500 pounds on purpose, but of course some do!
So let's say that the welfare state did not exist and there were no benefits available - would people have still gone ahead and got pregnant?

It's so frustrating seeing these people in a nice council house with free rent & council tax payed for them and all they've done is reproduce.Another thing I have a huge problem with are imagrants, dont get me wrong some of the best doctors we have here are fantastic, even shop owners or delivery guys. I cant fault them. its the people who come over here and from day 1 expect a house & money. I gave my friend a lift to the housing department last week and waited for her while she had her appointment. A 30 (odd) year old woman walks in with 3 children, walks up to the counter as bold as brass and demanded they re house his with a bigger house as now her brother and his family have arrived and are living with her. I couldnt believe my ears. I think austrailia have hit the nail on the head with their imagration rules, unless you have a trade and are going to keep yourself you arent allowed in. How did our system get to this?

So let's say that the welfare state did not exist and there were no benefits available - would people have still gone ahead and got pregnant?

i don't follow ? sorry lol .. :S which people ? the people who got pregnant on purpose for money ?! ... no i reckon not or at least no had so many so close together

It's so frustrating seeing these people in a nice council house with free rent & council tax payed for them and all they've done is reproduce.Another thing I have a huge problem with are imagrants, dont get me wrong some of the best doctors we have here are fantastic, even shop owners or delivery guys. I cant fault them. its the people who come over here and from day 1 expect a house & money. I gave my friend a lift to the housing department last week and waited for her while she had her appointment. A 30 (odd) year old woman walks in with 3 children, walks up to the counter as bold as brass and demanded they re house his with a bigger house as now her brother and his family have arrived and are living with her. I couldnt believe my ears. I think austrailia have hit the nail on the head with their imagration rules, unless you have a trade and are going to keep yourself you arent allowed in. How did our system get to this?

I agree. The house next door to us has been rented out and there are some Bulgarians living there - about 8 of them even though it's only got 3 bedrooms. At half eight every morning they all get into a couple of cars in their work clothes and go do a days manual work. There's plenty of British people not bothered to get out of bed on a Monday morning and do that, so fair play to these guys. I feel sorry for them that they have to come over here and live like that to make ends meet. Makes me realise how lucky I am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->