• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Argh, help...wedding gifts!!!

aly888

Lana-Boo's mummy & WTT #2
Reaction score
OH has just told me he's got me a wedding gift. As in, he's already purchased it and got it :wacko: I have NO idea what to get him. I wasn't even going to get him anything because I didn't think we were doing gifts. The only thing I can think of is a watch but that is super expensive (like, thousands!) and I don't know what he's spent on me!!!

Suggestions, please?? What can I get him? Where do I even start?

I bought my DH cufflinks he could wear on the day if that is any help?

I would also suggest cufflinks!
I was also going to get my OH a watch but he has really expensive taste, and wants a watch thats like £2000!!!
I would get him cufflinks but his dad got him some as a wedding gift before he passed so im all out of ideas so keeping an eye on this thread for other suggestions too! x

Yep, his mum got him his cuff links for his birthday so that's out. And the watch he wants is a Tag Heuer for £3400 :wacko::wacko: I have no idea. Zero. Nothing! I want to get him something that he can keep personal to himself forever. Like a keepsake :shrug:

Small box of cute things for the morning, like socks 'for cold feet', mini bottle of spirit for nerves, etc etc... Nice images of what I mean on Pinterest.

Small box of cute things for the morning, like socks 'for cold feet', mini bottle of spirit for nerves, etc etc... Nice images of what I mean on Pinterest.

Thats a nice idea, think i might do this!

Also not a big gift but im going to get my OH a new aftershave to wear, and make him a cd to play while he's getting ready of songs that mean stuff to us x

I actually have a list of things like that I could get him. Just wasn't sure if that alone would be "special" enough though

Quite like the idea of getting him some aftershave though. He doesn't ever wear it and I would love him to wear one on the day. I might start browsing the men's smellies section to see what takes my fancy :thumbup:

Oh gosh i really dont know, im so glad we're not doing gifts, saying that i wouldnt mind one :rofl: i like the idea of above though like a little goody box of bits and pieces, maybe you could find something engraved as a keepsake too!!

Maybe an engraved hip flask for wedding day nerves?!

You know if you can't think of anything you could get him a leather bound notebook and write a letter in the front detailing why you love him and saying that you can't wait to marry him etc etc, and have it delivered to him just before the ceremony?

Or check out the personalised section of Not on the Highstreet?

I've just bought OH a card for our wedding day from Jenny Arnott and its so lovely! I'm going to send him a little box of bits and bobs :) xx

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I've decided to get him a 'smell' for the day. He doesn't wear any man perfume normally though so I've told the Best Man and making it his job to make sure he wears it :lol: Ive put a mini survival kit together too, with socks, sweets and mints etc in it. I was going to include a miniature of alcohol but I know his best man has got him some, and I don't want him arriving to the ceremony half cut :haha:

Haha good choice! I'm not putting alcohol in either, OH's Mum drinks Whiskey anyway and he's staying there the night before xxx

Sounds great!! :rofl: i think thats how my OH is going to turn up, he was saying hes going to have a drink for his nerves and then told me he'd have a triple southern comfort :haha:

Haha, my DF better not have a drop because he's driving us from the ceremony to the reception :lol: After that he can drink all he likes

I'm doing Chris a little box, so far in it is ...

A pair of mr perfect boxers saying "today is your lucky day"
Man utd socks and cufflinks

he's recently got into drinking whisky and diet coke so I think I'm going to get him an engraved whisky glass, a can of diet coke and a single shot of whisky :blush:

Yeah Emmy, those bloody boxers still aren't in stock with that seller!xx

search Mr Perfect boxers there's other stockists xxx

There wasn't any last time I looked! I will look again on payday! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back