Argh! What is wrong with him!!!

moomoo

Mumma to 2 & 1 in heaven!
Reaction score
I'm so stressed at the moment! It seems like nothing is good enough for DS! I make time to play with him, take him to parks/groups, spend plenty of one on one time with him (well as much as I can with another littlun) but he just seems so angry all the time. He tantrums at nothing! He can be fine one min then fires off kicking his legs and screaming whilst shaking his fists!? He seems intent on doing bad things like trying to smash the TV with anything he can get his hands on!! He has me in tears most days :cry:

He just seems so fired up and angry all the time? We don't give him juice or chocolate so can't be that? :shrug:

is this the terrible 2s? If so, I'm going into hiding and coming back out when he's 3!

Sorry, but i would say YES!

My LO is exactly the same, her brother has not been the easiest baby, but iv always made time for her, to play and read etc. Only now when im feeding/bathing/getting him changed she either sits in front of the TV and wont move, or wrecks everything in sight. Then when the TV is turned off we have a huge paddy, when she is told no, we have a huge, then when i try make time for her, just me and her, she isnt interested.

She is really into daddy atm though...
Bring on school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hugs:

Must be hard having 2 under 2 - you have my utter admiration and respect for that one. I could never do it.

I have noticed that Earl (very similar age to your LO) has started to get really frustrated about not being able to do things like he'd want to. It's almost like he wants to do something then when it doesn't go his way then he'll act out and kick and scream. He's also taken to drawing on the TV, the walls, the carpet and while he doesn't do it maliciously he just wont stop no matter what we do. I have tried to instil a lot of consistency - so the same actions get the same response every time. Tatrum gets a warning, colouring somewhere he shouldn't gets his colours taken away etc. I also try to take out as many opportunities to 'mis-behave' as I can so trying not to leave him alone with the colours in the first place :dohh: and making sure that everything he's not allowed is out of reach as much as possible.

I find with Earl that he goes in phases of this, so maybe he's due a spurt developmentally and he's just frustrated it hasn't happened yet. Maybe his teeth are niggling him, or he's having growing pains :shrug: That can really make Earl act out of sorts.

It sounds like you're doing everything you can. Lots of :hugs:

I have the same problem recently started screaming when he doesn't get what he wants but normally quite laid back but often throw things and is cheeky however really hard to tell him off as got a really cheeky smile and gets away with everything esp when out cos trying to tell him off but smiles at someone and they smile at him and laugh....

This is Emma today. And a lot of days when I really think about it. Today specifically she woke up tantruming right from the start. We had our bath together like we always do and she's always happy in the bath, than I got dressed while she tantrumed. Went downstairs for me to make breakfast and she wouldn't let me cook, just stood there throwing a fit while I made eggs. She was fine while we ate and than started tantruming again when her food was gone. It has been on and off ever since. I get SO frustrated and honestly don't know what to do. I try everything with her and nothing ever makes her happy. She doesn't speak TOO much yet only like 50-60 words but not sentences, so I think the fact that she can't express herself with conversation makes her frustrated. But days like this make me want to rip my hair out. I'm sure the neighbors think I'm a child abuser because she screams so often. She isn't a quiet screamer either. She has this high pitched shriek that I swear could shatter glass. :dohh:

You aren't alone hun. :hugs: It must be very stressful when you have a baby to take care of as well. I originally wanted a small age gap like that but now that Emma is like this, I'm thankful it didn't happen for us yet. It's gotta be really hard work.

Thanks ladies! So glad I'm not alone - my friends LO are all so well behaved!!

He doesn't say a lot, so I'm thinking that must be some of his frustration :shrug: he's always been very spirited so who knows?

He's teething his back molars, so I've dosed him up this morning to see if it makes a difference?

Oh and it's miserable here today, so we are stuck in!! Great! :nope:

feel for you as my DD as i have posted is hard work at the moment too. she dosnt speak alot yet although has amazing sign language and does say enough single words to put her in the norm for language. i think alot of it is that they cant communicate and they want to do everything there way NOW.. oh and the word NO sets her off too lol

yeah my little angel is turning into a monster if she is not 100% amused. kicking, screaming ect....hoefully it wont last x

Ruby has her days like this - they're pretty much the same as Cleckner says Emma has been. Generally though, Ruby's pretty even tempered, but put a lack of sleep into the mix and you will get a horrible day!

Tom is just starting to have whole days like you describe...he's been having tantrums since about 13 months but the whole day thing is much more recent. Its like he's got out of bed on the wrong side and kicks off about every single thing. And even if you do let him do what he wants to, as soon as he's doing it he doesn't want it anymore. Its so frustating! He had a day like this last week and honestly I wanted to leave him in the park and go home on my own!

I really feel for you - I can't even imagine how you cope with a baby at the same time! Lots of hugs :hugs:

Kane also does this! He shakes the tv, throws all his toys around if they don't stack right or do what he wants then goes on a rampage lol.
I think alot of it is to do with frustration because I have to guess what he wants because he doesnt speak... if I get it wrong then thats it!
He came up to me a few days ago with a toy you have to pull the string on and it goes across the floor, so I thought that is what he wanted me to do... oh no wrong idea! I done that then he had a breakdown on the floor and threw the toy at me, 5 mins later came back then I realised he wanted me to pull the string and give it back to him for him to do it lol! Its such hard work at this age I think because there is still alot he can't do and hes gets frustrated as he doesnt know why! x

So far... H has always had a reason for her ragey days. Which doesn't mean I don't want to hide under the stairs while she's not looking :haha: but it does give me a bit of hope when she's like that, that there might be something I can do to relieve it whether it's pain, hunger, fatigue, or boredom.

Since 13 months I try and take her out every morning. And often she sees her little pal after nap/before dinner. The last couple of weeks we've had a few runs of days at home which have been nice though.

I try and plan baking, or sweeping or something novel - she loves sweeping :haha: and she has 2 magic things which make her snap out of a grump... colouring, we keep the crayons out of reach so it's still a novelty when we get them out... and recently Granny's Necklace, which is a gemstone necklace which we keep in a tin out of reach. It's not very childsafe so she only gets to play with it under supervision, but again its got a lot of novelty and cheers her up.

We also just got some toys out which we'd put away, which has been a hit. And I try to keep different toys in different places, car / bath / changebag etc.

Hunger was a big one which I was slightly late to pick up on... sometimes when she's teething too I need to rethink what's on offer.

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"