Arguement with oh, who is right?

Laurn82

Reaction score
Last night me and oh had an arguement about the amount of baby stuff i have bought. It was mainly about buying nappies, wipes, baby soap etc. He said that we don't need to think about stuff like that yet as we have another 8 weeks to get organised. I said that i wanted to be organised as things can happen and maybe we wouldn't be waiting 8 weeks to meet our little princess. To this he got quite worked up and told me that i shouldn't be thinking like that and if she came early that something could be wrong and that there was something wrong with me for thinking that. Well no! I am just being practical, as with ds I ended up in hospital from 31 weeks and had no time to prepare for him arriving.

My question is.... who is in the right here? Shouldn't i be thinking about if something was to happen or am i right to want to be prepared??? :shrug:

xxx

i would get prepared, the only thing i would say is dont buy too many nappies as the lo may grow out of the newborn size soon!

your right! Im only at 27 weeks but i have bought a small stock of everything already!

I think your right to be prepared as you just dont know if the baby will come early or not.Your OH should understand if your other child came early.Just ingnore him hun,best thing you can do.xxx

Well I think you're right to be prepared - I think that's around the same time I started buying all that stuff. I also think, you can't help it - it's your nesting instinct wanting to get everything sorted for your baby, so you can blame it on that. Me and my hubby had similar conversations, but more cos I kept buying 'storage solutions' for the house, and I just blamed it on the nesting hormones! It seemed to work!

I think you're right in wanting to be prepared. But it seems like he just doesn't want to think about that happening, and that he doesn't want you to be worrying about it too much.

i would get prepared, the only thing i would say is dont buy too many nappies as the lo may grow out of the newborn size soon!

That was my thought, especially with xmas soon as well. I haven't bought that much in newborn, although i have been told to expect a small baby and with the rate they go through them will probably still need more! I was actually thinking about oh too as he wont have time to be running about at last minute if something does happen early! x

I say be prepared. You could also ask him if he'd rather spend time with his newborn or running off to the shops to get everything you need because he wouldn't let you buy it early. Buying some stuff early helps spread the cost as well.

It's a man thing. To him, 8 weeks is yonks away and he think he can shop in the last week in a couple of hours. It's just how the male species works :lol:

there is nothing wrong with being organised, i have seen far to many ladies go early since using this forum

i am ready to go - everything is in place excepot for the pram which i will not get until january, but i gave myself until my scan tomoro to get sorted, coz the rest of december is christmas time, and after that i have a couple of weeks to rest up before baby

last thing you want to be doing during christmas rush/afetr christmas sales will be trailing round shops

I say be prepared. You could also ask him if he'd rather spend time with his newborn or running off to the shops to get everything you need because he wouldn't let you buy it early. Buying some stuff early helps spread the cost as well.

That was one of my arguements last night - about spreading the cost. He said its not about that, its more to do with me thinking she will be early and that could mean something could be wrong etc. I kinda understand that he doesn't want to think about that but its not as if babies are like cakes where you bake them for exactly 40 weeks and then 'take them out the oven'! They come when they want to and i'm certain that if i am not organised then this lo will come early! If it comes up again i will def be using the 'would you rather spend time with your baby or be running round tesco' - I like that one!!! Thanks x

There wouldn't be anything wrong if she came early necessarily. Point out to him that 37 weeks is considered full term.

Always better to be prepared, the earlier the better because the closer you get to labour day the harder it gets to even bother to get off the sofa!!

my oh is the same he thinks i shouldnt be buying stuff like that yet however im only 28 weeks! at your stage id defo have the wipes and nappies in theres no harm in being prepared

xxx

you are definitely right. Maybe try explaining that you wont feel like doing it nearer the time - you never know what your energy levels are going to be like.
I got to doing the last few bits a few weeks ago - and I was thanking the lord I only had a little bit to do - because I just couldn't have been bothered to do all that shopping at the same time.
What's his argument exactly? I don't see how it could be logical!!!

u are right, mummy knows best. jus show him the prem section here so many babies born early, better to be prepared x

Its better to be prepared, he obviously thinks 8 weeks is a long time, but if bubs turns up 4 weeks early, then its not that far away. You're not wishing for a premmie by being prepared :)

You never know when labour could start - its not that you are wishing it to start is it, its just you are preparing for every eventuality.

You can garauntee if you werent prepared and baby came then he would be moaning about how unprepared you were - he's probably just stressing for nothing and needed a little vent.

I think if you are happy buying your things now and getting organised then that is only a good thing. x

you are definitely right. Maybe try explaining that you wont feel like doing it nearer the time - you never know what your energy levels are going to be like.
I got to doing the last few bits a few weeks ago - and I was thanking the lord I only had a little bit to do - because I just couldn't have been bothered to do all that shopping at the same time.

I don't know exactly what his arguement was. Its almost as if he doesn't want to think about baby arriving - which i could understand if it was our first (nerves, etc) but its not. Everything seems to be put on hold, like my pram - too early to buy that too! It seem to be since my 24 week appointment when they told me i had excess fluid and baby was small, since then they have discussed possible induction at 37 weeks or possible premature labour. Don't know whether it has just freaked him out a bit. Think is - if one of those is to happen, is it not better to be prepared? x

I don't know exactly what his arguement was. Its almost as if he doesn't want to think about baby arriving - which i could understand if it was our first (nerves, etc) but its not. Everything seems to be put on hold, like my pram - too early to buy that too! It seem to be since my 24 week appointment when they told me i had excess fluid and baby was small, since then they have discussed possible induction at 37 weeks or possible premature labour. Don't know whether it has just freaked him out a bit. Think is - if one of those is to happen, is it not better to be prepared? x

He sounds a wee bit in denial, but this baby is coming whether in 4 weeks or full term, so getting the stuff ready now, means you won't have to do it later. Even ordering the pram, you don't have to collect it, just order & they will keep it until you ask...men :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->