Arguement with oh, who is right?

It is deffo a man thing.

I am 27 plus 4 and have just ordered my pram. Didn't want to buy anything until I was 7 months (not far off!) but want to get a name sorted and husband says we've got ages yet to do that!!!

1 Granny to be went mad this weekend and bought me some newborn stuff, changing mat and towels. The other Granny is buying the pram.

Think the next major purchase will be the nappies and wipes, take on board Alibaba24's point!

Better to be prepared as others have said on this thread - they don't realise how your mobility is affected later on in the pregnancy...

Mrsaligee
x

We have started stocking up! Like you say you never know and it's always good to be prepared. Also for us we thought if we spread it out it won't feel like we've spent loads, we just get a bit of something every time we do our weekly shop x x

i think your right. Im only 29 weeks but already stressing out about what ive still got left to do/buy incase finnley comes early. xx

speaking of the pram it depends what you are getting if you go toysrus mothercare or website routes you will get it pretty quick - i have ordered mine a babystyle prestige from the local pram shopwe ordered a couple of weeks ago and the estimated time for it arriving in shop is the END of january/start of feb - my lo is due jan 18th pmsl

It's always good to be prepared in advanced as you never know when baby might make an appearance.

I agree, I think your right and OH wrong. nothing wrong with being prepared, rather him than you if bubs comes early and you have to go out shopping on your way home from the hospital lolol just ignore him hunxx

I started early and then forgot to stop! I am organised by nature and being prepared keeps me calm. My OH just laughs at me now as he just does not understand the joys of shopping!

I am 33 weeks today and have everything we need. Don't think I will have the need to buy anymore nappies or wipes for about 6 months!!!

speaking of the pram it depends what you are getting if you go toysrus mothercare or website routes you will get it pretty quick - i have ordered mine a babystyle prestige from the local pram shopwe ordered a couple of weeks ago and the estimated time for it arriving in shop is the END of january/start of feb - my lo is due jan 18th pmsl

My though exactly! I am torn between two prams. One from mothercare which would be delivered within 1 week, other pram shop - parts out of stock, est delivery 12 weeks!!!! Hmmm.... even if i go late, i hope its not that late! :dohh:

Men really just don't get it, do they? Suppose i've been kinda lucky that he's just left me to it for the past few weeks! x

What's wrong with being prepared? I was prepared and had my hospital bag packed since wk28. If your DS was early, I don't see why he would feel that way, doesn't make sense. What makes him think you'll be in a position to be running around much longer:dohh:...

You're deffo in the right!!

No harm in stocking up early...what difference does it make to him whether you get them now or later??

You're not gonna want to be shopping too much and carrying things like that when all you can is waddle hehe....I'm very glad that I got prepared early :thumbup: xx

You are totally right hun! Always best to be organised xx

I don't know whether it's a right vs. wrong answer lol- I think it all comes down to perspective. How long is 8 Weeks? How long is 4 Weeks? I think guys are socialized to have different perspectives. Here's a perfectly good example: In mid pregnancy I'm talking about needing a crib, pram, car seat etc. my hubby suddenly comes up with: We should get a bigger car.

What????!!!! Money is tight for us, why would a new baby necessitate a bigger car BEFORE actual baby items?

lol...buy your things if it makes you more comfortable, nothing wrong with being prepared but I don't think it's a right or wrong answer either way.

I got around it by saying that I had just bought things when they were on offer.... so Ive been saving money :D

OMG, he would have a fit at me then.....I am more or less ready!! There are only a few bits I have left to get. I've even started washing LO's clothes!!
I want to be ready and intend to be organised as much as I can, as early as I can. The last thing I want is to be traipsing around the shops when I am massive getting all the essentials in a panic!! Shopping is hard work enough at the moment!!xx

You are right hun, lik you say anything could happen and you need to be prepared, me n my fob had sort of the same argument last night as i was asking if i could have some money when he gets paid to buy a few last bits for baby as i have only 9 weeks and want to be prepared also his reply was oh well i only have one pair of trousers, baby has like hundreds why does he need more etc etc so i was like omg asshole :haha: he was liek oh i dont have money blah blah blah but he has a top of the range sports car that he spends his life playing with while i am struggling to make ends meet aghhh men such assholes, hope you get everything ready soon hun xx

What's wrong with being prepared? I was prepared and had my hospital bag packed since wk28. If your DS was early, I don't see why he would feel that way, doesn't make sense. What makes him think you'll be in a position to be running around much longer:dohh:...

Cause i'm super woman - didn't you know??? :haha::dohh:

i think u r quite right to get organised. baby wash was one of the 1st things i bought at around 10 weeks, and everytime ive been in asda etc i pick up wee things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->