Armpit lump 24 weeks pregnant

Owlgirl13

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is my second pregnancy ( I have a 7 year old daughter ) and I have a concern

I am 24 weeks pregnant and in my right armpit there is a movable lump, I can feel it when my arm is raised up but more so when it's down to my side and when I look in the mirror with both arms down to my sides my right armpit looks fatty ( and I was 135 when I got pregnant and have only gained 15 pounds so far ) my left armpit is perfectly fine. my OB felt it and looked at and had me get an ultrasound, well the ultrasound brought up nothing they could find or see and now shes having me go see a breast surgeon to look at it. I am so worried that it's breast cancer, she said its a low chance of that but shes sending me simply because the ultrasound showed nothing and it's still there, I am freaking out. I am also 32 years old.

any advice

Oh, I really feel your concern. I had a scare a couple years ago and I was a wreck. I don't have too much to add but you should be seen pretty quickly and they will do some swabs and scans if they think they need too. I was referred and seen within 2 weeks for bleeding from my nipple. They did all the assessments on one day and the results very quickly. I know it's terrifying but the risk is very low in your 30's. More than likely to be a blocked sweat gland or random swelling. Mine turned out to be a broken blood vessel causing a bleed. I hope you have lots of family around to support you while you wait to be seen etc. and I really hope all is well!

You must be really worried but please don't fret too much. They'll do a biopsy with a square needle to find out if it's cancer. SOOOOOO many of these are not cancer though and it's very likely you have nothing to worry about. Especially if your body is going through changes right now it's very likely a swollen lymph node working overtime or adipose tissue, which is just a fat collection. I had an adipose lump in my lower back. It was a small hard round lump and really noticeable as it was in an area with very little fat around it. Whenever I got a massage they always bumped it and it hurt. I had it removed but had to wait 2 years in queue for the surgery. Don't fret, hopefully you can get a biopsy to put your mind at ease fairly quickly.

I had a similar lump appear with my last pregnancy. They did an ultrasound and it didn't show anything.I saw another doctor after. If I remember correctly it ended up being additional milk duct tissue. It went away when I finished breast feeding.

I'd try not to worry. I'm 25 weeks now and am beginning to feel it again. It's not as big this time. Again, I'd try not to worry. Our bodies do weird things whend we are pregnant.

I found a lump in ma boob a few years back, and freaked out. I went to the doc who sent me to the hospital who couldnt decide what it was so sent me to get it removed! It was scary and without answers most of it was in a limbo of not knowing which was just stress ontop of stress!

I went to the appointment to get it removed, i went it, they took it out and that was the end of that, it was just some sort of weird and random cyst!

Its so easy to become very stressed out about lumps but most of the time they are nothing! Your doing the right thing though, getting checked out and getting sorted is the best way to be going about it!

Hope its sorted soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->