Arms tied down during?

WndrlndsOwl

Mom of Jocelyn
Reaction score
Good afternoon ladies. I know different places do different things at the hospital, but in case someone does know....I am in Virginia and will be having a scheduled section. Do they pin your arms down normally if everything is good with the section and do they let you hold your baby right when they are born, or just in recovery?
I really want to be the first one to hold my baby (because of a previous emergency C-section) I was out and didn't get to hold my 1st until he was 3 months (he was 33 1/2 weeks when born). So I really need to be the first one opposed to my husband and not sure how normal C-sections work.
Thanks for any input ladies.

Im in the uk but no one pinned my arms down - I did have a canular so had to keep my arm fairly straight - OH held DS first only because I was a bit too shaky x

I was tied down. I also had a semi emergency c section. Did the whole induction thing and didn't budge after a certain time. With all the medication that was already going thru my system, plus the new stuff they had to give me for c section, my body was convulsing a little bit from all meds. They did tie my arms dwn. But i did get to hold my dd right away. However, I passed her off bc I was so shaky. I'm not sure if schedule c section tho. Meds may be handled differently. I'm having one too aug 1... Good luck

i know my friend just had her second daughter as a scheduled C-Section and they still had her arms held down.

I never had my arms pinned down when i had an emergency section with dd but i didnt get to hold her first my sister did

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->