Arnica

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
I haven in my mind Arnica is good for something during/after birth, even added to my list to get :lol:
Can anyone enlighten me what its good for and what form/how much to take?

Bruising and swelling, so good for your foof! Tablets or in liquid form for in the bath is fine too x

In labour it's use is usually around healing. I get a little clicker for my clients to leave with them so they can take it every 2 hours after the birth. It can be used during labour too. Easiest way is to pop a couple of pilules in water that's being sipped anyway.

As the others said, it's good for bruising and you can start using it as soon as you go into labour. Personally I would get gel or cream as those actually contain the active substance, whereas homeopathic arnica (the pillules) is so diluted that practically none of the arnica remains (I'm not a believer in homeopathy).

Ahh you could save me a bit of money as I have the cream in anyways :D

Oh i didn't know you could take it during labour too!

I took it every few hours after birth and I am convinced that's what healed me so quickly and kept me practically pain free after birth!

The point of homeopathy is that the more 'diluted' the remedy the more potent it becomes. It's almost the opposite of traditional medicines.

And you won't be rubbing the cream on your perineum!! You need it internally to heal. The cream is for bumps and bruises. The types of bruises you get during labour are not to be treated with arnica cream!

This is why I asked :haha: totally didnt know where im not meant to be putting the cream :blush:

Don't put it on yr bits!! :rofl: arnica cream is never for broken skin. Bumps and bruises where the skin is intact only. So for healing associated with labour and birth you definitely need the pilules. Boots do fab little clicker dispensers so you can just click them directly into your mouth or drink. You mustn't touch the pilules. The remedy is on the surface of them:)

Hi

Sorry to ask a repetitive question, We're almost 38weeks and are hoping for a home birth. We popped into the health shop and bought arnica 6c tablets.

My question is when to start taking them and how many to take - as soon as I go into labour or wait until after?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->