Arrggghhh! What to do!

MrsN

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Me and DH are/were planning on ttc our third and final baby shortly. However I have just found out that some treatment I am waiting for has finally been approved funding which is great! ...... but one of the things it can cause as a side effect is infertility!!!

I am going to speak to my consultant tomorrow about the pros and cons etc, but based on studies it can stop your periods which can never recover causing fertility problems. Mine are all over the place as it is, and I am on day 75 with no period atm. I really dont know what to do! I do want another baby and we were only weeks away from trying but if I dont have treatment, my eyesight in my affected eye will worsen and could disappear altogether!

What would you guys do if you were in my situation? :shrug:

Thanks.

I have no idea how hard it must be for you to have to make a choice like that :hugs:
It seems such a tough choice but ultimately your health and sight is so important. Why risk having another baby if you could go blind without treatment? You already have 2 amazing children so maybe be thankful for the babies you'v been blessed with and do whats best for you. Would having another baby be worth possibly going blind and never seeing again?
Talk to your OH and I hope you make the best decision for you both x x take care x x :hugs:

Thanks for your reply. Maybe I should take this as a sign that I shouldn't have anymore? My sight is important and not being able to see my girls would kill me, so I know I will end up having treatment its just rubbish to think it could mean no more babies :sad2:.

Funny what life throws at us! xx

Im not religious but I believe everything happens for a reason. You have two beautiful girls and you should make the most of them. Sight is so important and if I was in your position I would go with saving my sight. I would sacrifice being able to see my babies smiles everyday as that's a special thing.
Try to do the best for your whole family and everything will be fine. If you dont mind me asking, whats wrong with your sight?

Oh hunny im so sorry! What about freezing your eggs? Xx

Oh hunny im so sorry! What about freezing your eggs? Xx

Yeah a friend suggested this but I think it would be a long and expensive process which is not practical for me. And I dont think the NHS would cover me as I already have children. xx

Hi Mrs N

Its a difficult one because sometimes a family just doesnt feel quite "complete" but I think you need to count your lucky stars for what you've already been given.... Two healthy happy children who im sure make you n OH's world wonderful.

I dont want to put this as a "whats more important to you" question but you need to weigh up the pros and cons..... seeing your two existing children growing up or having another child and risking your sight meaning you might not see any of them growing up.

Good luck with making the decision

x

I feel for your dilema... I have a friend who has just been through, what seems to be a similar type of decision.

However personally I would have to go with saving my sight and maybe having another in the future. It's something that I have considered, but not on such a life changing scale.

My thoughts are with you, this is the kind of decision that only you can make. Hugs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->