Arrival of Alexa Mae born 28.06.11

Emma 21

Mum of 4 under 5years
Reaction score
hi all so i finally got a chance to sit down and right my induction birth story. :flower:
i went in to walsall manor hospital at 8.30am on the 27.06.11 to be induced as i am heterozygous factor v leiden (a blood clotting disorder) that made it dangerous for me to carry to full term. This meant that i was 38 weeks exactly.

i was left for quite a while due to a mix up with beds etc and then my midwife finally came to see me at 10.30am. Her name was Kelly Fowler and she was lovely. She put me on the monitor for half an hour and baby was very content with a heart rate of 134bpm.

So Kelly did an internal :blush: and declared that my cervix was way up with the gods even though i had been having contractions for a week. She could insert a fingertip so said i was 1cm and long and medium. Time to put the propess in and wait :coffee: and wait and wait. I went for a walk with my hubby and met my mom for coffee.

Went back to delivery suite at 2pm and met another lovely midwife called Jan :flower: she put me on the monitor and baby was happy heartrate of 143 bpm i was having mild niggles at this point. I stayed on the ward then with my hubby and tried to get me some :sleep:. Not happening. The niggles intensified and i started to cry as i had contractions at 4:15pm, 4:50pm, 5:00pm 5:15pm and 5:25pm they were in my back and radiating round to my front. It got a bit much so Jan brought me some paracetamol.

I was checked again on the monitor at 8pm and she said i was still 1cm and there was no change to my cervix but she thought something might happen soon. i.e. before she went off shift.:winkwink: The contractions were registering on the TOCO at an intensity of 42 so i started using my TENS machine.

Unfortunately Jan had to go home at 9.35pm and the new midwife Dee that came on was an bit of a :witch: she made Simon and my mom go home, i was on my own. bored and in pain. She sed she would put me on the monitor again at 1.30am.

At 10pm however i was crying in pain so Dee put me on the monitor and she sed there was no change. She sed 4 contractions in 10 mins was normal and the pain was just normal for induction. She gave me some co-codamol, told me to rest and she would monitor at 3.15am.

At 12.30am i was in a lot of pain and the :witch: said there was still no change i was still 1cm long and thin and i was being silly and i should sleep. :growlmad: like i dont know my own body? it may be my 1st induction but it was my 3rd baby. I was exhausted and seriously needed a cuddle.

It got to 1.30am and i couldnt take the pain any more:nope:, so i buzzed her i was crying and moaning, she came to see me and said okay i will check you but i guarantee nothing will have happened! She did an internal check:blush: and said OMG Emma no wonder your in pain ur 4cm and fully effaced lets get u round to delivery. Do you want me to phone ur husband?

She got a wheelchair and someone rang my hubby and my mom. She got me to take my nightie off and put a gown on to cool me down and put me on the bed. I had my TENS and gas and air :thumbup:.

Things progressed very quickly i had 3 contractions and my waters broke (literally exploding and going all over the bed) i kept saying sorry.:wacko:
As soon as they did i said i needed to push and Dee said trust ur body and go with it, im sure she daint really believe me as she just sat there and did nothing, my hubby arrived and started to stroke my head. :flower:

my body did all the work for me and within 3 contractions Lexi was here, the cord was round her neck twice but she was perfect. My mom walked through the door just as Lexi body was being delivered, and daddy got to cut the cord:thumbup:

Alexa-Mae was born at 2.08am weighing 8lb 1oz, she was 50 cm long and her head circumference was 36cm. we then had lovely bonding time for over an hour and she fed from the breast for 15minutes. I had shower n went to my own room at 4am, and kinda got a bit of:sleep:

We were discharged at 2pm and brought our lil princess home. Im so happy xx

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 45
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 47
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 45
3 pushes! Wow! Lucky you! Congratulations :) she's a beaut x

She's ok thanks. But she likes to keep my awake at night :/ lol. Sleeps all day n awake at night. She's a greedy little monkey too!! Lol

She's ok thanks. But she likes to keep my awake at night :/ lol. Sleeps all day n awake at night. She's a greedy little monkey too!! Lol

yeah madam is the same too im glad she is taking to breast feeding though

Glad Lily takes to it well too.. It's harder work than I thought it would be, but I'm determined to keep going :)!

- Where do you get them headband things from for LO, I've looked everywhere but can't seem to find them! :/.. Asda, Matalan, Primark.. Didn't have none!? They're so cute :)

Congrats. She's an absolute doll! Love the name too!

Glad Lily takes to it well too.. It's harder work than I thought it would be, but I'm determined to keep going :)!

- Where do you get them headband things from for LO, I've looked everywhere but can't seem to find them! :/.. Asda, Matalan, Primark.. Didn't have none!? They're so cute :)

they were gifts off a friend but off ebay about £1.75 each xx

Congratulations emma 3 pushes is wicked!!, Glad Lyla has more friends in the bumps group now lol x

welldone and congratulations love! saw your pics on facebook, she'sshe's gorgeous x

thought id share some more pics of my lil lady, had a lovely outing yesterday. she was weighed today and is still a good weight at 7lb 9oz (down from 8lb 1oz). and im happy iv lost 14lb since giving birth 5 days ago xx

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online