Arrival of Evie

Caretta

Reaction score
I was under consultant led care as I had had to have a previous section as my son (who is now nearly 8) did not descend into my pelvis. Anyway, this time I really wanted to try for a VBAC and my midwife and consultant were very encouraging about my decision. I had a sizing scan at 36 weeks to make sure that the baby was not going to be too big and the size came back to be the lower side of normal which was all good.

Unfortunately, my dad was diagnosed with aggresive lung cancer on christmas eve and was due to start chemo around my due date. Obviously I wanted my dad to meet my baby while he still felt well and so therefore the consultant agreed to induce me 5 days early but the only method of induction that was open to me was to have my waters broken due to the effect the hormone drip can have on a previous uterine scar.

We arrived at the hospital at 7:20am only to be told the baby was really high and there was no chance of being induced. We were left to decide whether we wanted to go home and see if the baby descended over the next week or to opt for another section.

Now, I have to tell you, my previous section was absolutely awful. The aneathatist could not site the epidural into my back after an hour of trying and causing me excrutiating pain and therefore I had to have a general anaesthetic. I woke to the most awful pain I had ever experienced and this only subsided after the nurse inserted a painkilling suppository !!! I also really struggled to bond with my son and although I loved him, the bonding didn't really happen for me for quite a few weeks.

Anyway, the midwife was lovely and asked me if I wanted to have a chat with the aneathatist and tell him my fears which I did. He was a big black man with the hugest hands and he was wonderful!!!!! He was confident that he would be able to perform the operation under local rather than general so we decided to go for it.

As we had obviously not been booked for a section I expected a long wait until however, they had no sections booked for that day and I was taken straight down to theatre:shock:

The theatre staff were amazing and everything was kept really light hearted. There was no problem in siting the spinal and soon things were underway and I got to see my beautiful baby girl as soon as she was born:happydance:

Even though I didn't give birth naturally, it was the most amazing, wonderful and fulfilling experience of my life.

We have named our daughter Evie Ellen Frances - Evie is the name we both chose, Ellen is after my mum who sadly passed away three years ago, and Francis is my dad's middle name. She is a very special little girl and we are very grateful and thankful that we are blessed with two wonderful children.

aww congratulations - i so glad it al went good for you xx and love your name choice too x

Ahhh congratulations bet your dad was thrilled to meet his grandaughter...glad it worked out for you.xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->