Arrival of Grace Elizabeth, Quick Delivery and a bit long :-) PIC INC

laura4disney

Reaction score
I had posted this in 3rd tri but thought i would also add it to this too!:flower:

Baby Grace Elizabeth arrived on the 15th May 2010 at 03.12am weighing 6lb 2

This may be long, unlike the labour!!!

I went into hospital on Friday the 14th to be induced, i had high blood pressure towards the end of my pregnancy and was in and out of hospital so they decided that the best thing to do was go ahead and induce me!

So i called up at 8 am to make sure they still had a bed available and was told to go in at 2pm. So me and OH had our breakfast, made sure we had everything we needed and headed to the hospital that afternoon. When we arrived we were shown to a bed, BP was checked and then told that we would have to wait a while before they could induce me as the midwife that would do this was held up....We sat with a drink and could hear a woman screaming bloody murder, we weren't even in delivery suite so this made me very nervous Her screaming got louder and she was shouting, then we heard the midwives telling her to push, we couldn't believe it she had given birth on the maternity ward...and lord did it sound painful!!!

Eventually the midwife came, explained the procedure and said that it can take a couple of days to work. They induced me by putting what looks like a tampon behind my cervix which releases a hormone that gets you into labour. This was done at 5pm, After an hour i could feel slight pains but nothing i couldn't cope with. My Mum arrived with my Stepdad for a quick visit as my Mum would be with me and my partner at the birth, after half an hour they left us to it and she would come back and collect OH if nothing was happening by 10pm. At 8pm I was really starting to feel these contractions, after an hour i felt i needed some pain killers just to hopefully take the edge off. Then the next midwife came to introduce himself, he had taken over the night shift and he was rubbish...i'll explain why! I did feel a little uncomfortable with a male midwife as i thought he would have no idea what i was feeling etc, turns out i was right!

At ten to ten, he came in and asked if we knew the policy on partners leaving at ten, I explained i did but that i was in a lot of pain and didn't want him to leave, no one else was on my ward and i told him that something was definatly going to happen in the next couple of hours. He said that this was very unlikely and that i was in very early labour and would nothing would happen until later on tomorrow.I knew this was a load of rubbish, i got really upset at this point as i didn;t want to be left on my own being uncomfortable, i needed oh's support with breathing. OH explained that contractions were coming every 3 minutes and lasting a minute, he wanted to hook me up to a monitor which was very difficult as he was pushing on my stomach through contractions which hurt a lot. All he should have needed to do to see i was having them was feel my stomach!OH called my Mum and told her to come to the hospital and come upstairs to meet us, as she arrived she could see that i was quite uncomfortable too. Just as she was about to speak to the midwife my waters went on the bed. I bloody knew it!

He did an internal and said that i was only just dilating and not even half a centimetre, i was a bit disheartened by this as it was starting to become painful, i breathed through every contraction and concentrated on that. He moved us to a private room, i lay on the bed with my Mum at one side and OH at the other, the contractions got stronger and stronger, he came in after a couple of hours, he asked if i was coping with them. I said i am breathing through them but they are becoming very intense now. His response was well you look like your fine to me. I swear if i wasn't trying to keep calm i would have jumped up and punched him in the face. OH was trying his hardest not to say anything to him. He did another internal and said, you're only half a centimetre, again this disheartened me but i knew this that something was happening.

He said i could go and get a bath if that would help, so my Mum went to run the bath, i stood up walk to the bathroom and my body started pushing with each contraction and i couldn't control it. I got in the bath and they got stronger and my whole body just took over, but it felt great, didn't hurt as much as plain contrations. My mum went to get him as i said if i didn't get out of the bath soon then she would be born in it!

He came in and said there is no way she is coming now, and losing my plug in the bath doesn;t really mean anything...USELESS MAN!!!! He left so i got out the bath and OH walked me back to the room, he said you're really waddling now, so i said it felt like something was inbetween my legs, i sat on the toilet in the room and had a feel..... I told OH to go and get him right now, he said why, i told him i could feel her head!!! His face was a picture, i waddled to the bed and midwife came in and said, so what's changed then??? I told him what i felt and he said, well it can sometime's feel like that and he would check if i wanted him to...seriously where did they get this guy???

He did and internal with the help of another midwife and he just went, oh yes you're fully dilated better get you to delivery suite!!!! So off i went to delivery suite, where a lovely midwife greeted us. She got me on the bed and said push when i say push and pant when i say pant. Ok, here we go!!!! I layed back and she looked and said, don't push yet i haven't got my gloves on! I was trying not to but the contractions were doing it on there own. She got her gloves on and in 2 pushes Grace Elizabeth was born.

It was the most overwhelming feeling i have ever had, there is no emotion like it and she is absoloutly perfect

I had 2 lots of stitches which weren't too bad just a bit sore a couple of days after labour. In 15/20 minuted i went from 0-10 and had my baby. Also had no pain relief what so ever! Apart from the male midwife it was a great experience!!! Thanks for reading and sorry its so long!!!

Attachments

• baby grace 035.jpg
    baby grace 035.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 34
Incredible story! you should report that male midwife- where do they find these guys?

Congrats on the birth of beautiful Grace! Such a speedy labour as well! Can't believe that midwifes attitude, no compassion whatsoever.

Wow thats amazing!!!!!!! And what the hell was the male MW doing???????? Useless!!!

Congratulations! :pink: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->