Arrrg - wish the hospital would just make up their minds. Rant!!!

miss h

Reaction score
I had routine midwife appointment yesterday and baby's heartrate was a bit high (190 bpm), my BP was up and had protein in my urine. So was rushed up to day assessment (again). We spent all day there yesterday having tests done - ...I look like a pin cushion. We had a trace done and LO's heartbeat was back to normal but she refused to move. She had obviously had a big wriggle session before seing the midwife and had tired herself out. The midwives on Day assessment fed me chocolate biscuits and cold water to wake the LO up and thankfully we met the criteria within an hour... just!

We eventually saw the doc who told me I had pre-eclampsia and that I would have to be admitted. Before she could admit me she had to rush off to do an emergency c-section so gave us 45 mins to go have something to eat. When we got back up we saw a consultant who sent us home and told me to come back to be monitored again today.

So, been at Day assessment again today - after terrifying me with the pre-eclampsia business they now think I have a simple UTI! Gotta fill myself silly with cranberry juice.

Baby is absolutely fine and I feel fine too. Just fed up with hospitals. Don't get me wrong I know they are doing whats best for me and the baby and I really do appreciate it. I'm just tired of being told one thing by one person and something else by another. It's really tiring business waiting around all day for answers.

Fingers crossed that I don't see a hospital for another 3 weeks and until i am actually in labour.

Glad you and little one are doing ok. I'm not surprised you feel drained, take it easy and rest up :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->