Arse, bum, bugger, tits

alio

Reaction score
Had a really weird numbness in my bump and a really strong pain to the right of my tummy button, my bump was also really tight for about 2 hours.

Called labour ward and they had me in for monitoring this pm. Baby's heartbeat was fine and I wasn't having any contractions which was all promising. But my blood pressure was slightly raised. They have now advised against a birth centre birth.

So the upshot is it looks like all of a sudden I'm having Finn under consultant care and not midwife care and I'll have to have him on the labour ward which I didn't really want, but can still have waterbirth.

Anyway, on a better note mw says she doesn't think he's back to back and that he is in perfect position and that his head is really far down which is encouraging. To be honest though, I'm not sure if I completely trust the medical profession....I'm starting to have my doubts.... Oo-er!

xx

Oh no! What a shame not to be able to go by your original plans. But better safe than sorry in the end. And not long til you get your LO!

I'm sorry you aren't going to get the birth you want, but at least you & LO are being looked after well

xxx

Bum!

As long as you end up with your baby at the end of it tho I guess. :D

I don't blame you for not trusting the medical profession - I seem to get conflicting information all the time and get pushed from pillar to post trying to get answers!!

I don't blame you for not trusting the medical profession - I seem to get conflicting information all the time and get pushed from pillar to post trying to get answers!!

Hee hee,just noticed you're in HUddersfield too!!! xx

Shit the bed Ali :( I hope this has nothing to do with the rumours about me peeing in the bath tub.....

Seriously though, if you are on the consultant unit, you can still have an active and natural labour like you'd have downstairs just no water birth. I'm worried about not being in the birth centre if I go over but the MW reassured me that you can still have it how you want.

x

Hey there, Has the consultant or the medical staff given you a justifiable reason for you wanting a hospital birth? Just wondering as raised blood pressure seems to be the norm in the 3rd tri, and it seems subject to change... plus you must have been in a worried state today when they took the reading. Perhaps they're concerned about your other symptoms. Just wondered if you could push for a midwife led birth still? Obviously not if safety of you or bub is in question!!!!

I worry sometimes the medical profession go a bit OTT and dont listen to us, or explain things!

Really sorry to hear your plans have gone tits up! xxx

Shit the bed Ali :( I hope this has nothing to do with the rumours about me peeing in the bath tub.....

Seriously though, if you are on the consultant unit, you can still have an active and natural labour like you'd have downstairs just no water birth. I'm worried about not being in the birth centre if I go over but the MW reassured me that you can still have it how you want.

x

Awww. cheers darlin'. Yeah, i know your antics scuppered this!:rofl:

No, it's a bit of a swine, but she says I can have a water birth as they have birthing pool on the labour ward. Only problem is it's all that little bit more clinical isn't it? Still, whatever limits the risks I suppose. I really think you should be fine Lisa honey. And if you're downstairs pop up and see me! :rofl::rofl:

xx

x

No, it's a bit of a swine, but she says I can have a water birth as they have birthing pool on the labour ward. Only problem is it's all that little bit more clinical isn't it? Still, whatever limits the risks I suppose. I really think you should be fine Lisa honey. And if you're downstairs pop up and see me! :rofl::rofl:

xx

I didnt know they had one!! :happydance: Thats ace. So could still work out just how you wanted. I think the vending machines have got better chocolate upstairs too....

I am soooo hunting you down if we're in at the same time.....:rofl:

x

Hey there, Has the consultant or the medical staff given you a justifiable reason for you wanting a hospital birth? Just wondering as raised blood pressure seems to be the norm in the 3rd tri, and it seems subject to change... plus you must have been in a worried state today when they took the reading. Perhaps they're concerned about your other symptoms. Just wondered if you could push for a midwife led birth still? Obviously not if safety of you or bub is in question!!!!

I worry sometimes the medical profession go a bit OTT and dont listen to us, or explain things!

Really sorry to hear your plans have gone tits up! xxx

Thanks for this darling. Consultant pointed out that she thought blood pressure has been too high throughout and that community midwives should have flagged it up. She just wanted me to make the decision, based on the potential risks involved. My mum has treated high blood pressure so I think that was a concern for them too. I was really reluctant but listening to them I just thought I would be so angry with myself if I didn;t take the advice and something happened.

I know what you mean though, they are pretty persuasive. xxx

x

xx

I didnt know they had one!! :happydance: Thats ace. So could still work out just how you wanted. I think the vending machines have got better chocolate upstairs too....

I am soooo hunting you down if we're in at the same time.....:rofl:

x

Woohoo!!!!! We can compare stitches chuck!!! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012