Arson Attack on the house in Derby...

Someone wondered why they are appearing at court twice I think?

Courts are hierarchical, with magistrates at the lowest tier. As they don't have authority to deal with charges that may invite sentences of 2years +, they have to commit them to Crown court (next tier up), this involves an appearance there to start the process and set the next appearance court date. They won't offer pleas tomorrow, it should just be a committal hearing only.

Absolutely tragic, those poor children.

funerals cost a LOT. Most plots cost well over £2K now, coffins are a stupid price, my girls headstone cost £1.6k. The horse drawn carriages are an extravagence but I guess they just wanted the best for them.

Also remember that being on benefits (as I believe they were) they would get some money towards the funerals x

We live in expensive areas Tasha :nope: :hugs: .... In South Derby children's burial plots are free (up to age 16) and so is the burial itself :hugs: Even horse drawn hearses are much less than the £1800 quoted - £800 here and most FDs only charge a nominal amount for a child's coffin and funeral

Plus - as you say - they would get a funeral grant for each child from the DSS.

Personally I think it was pre-meditated in terms of the fire, and probably to do with the custody case with the ex mistress or with housing or both. I doubt they meant for the LOs to die, but whatever the reasons/intentions I'm just appalled - how could anyone take that risk with their children - those poor, poor babies :cry::cry::nope::nope:

I was going to say similar. Children's funerals are free here. You do pay for a headstone but nothing else, including cars etc. We were very surprised when arranging our boy's funeral to discover we did not have a bill to pay.

My girls was free other than some council fee's, but they dont do children's plots here and so the funeral director told me it was £1800 when Honey was born for a plot and obviously that went up when Riley Rae was born, I think that was 25 years. My parents paid £10 for 50 years (family plot) in 1979. I tohught £1800 for a hearse sounded a lot, because most funeral directors do extras on children's funerals at cost, dont they? Like if I wanted extra cars then they would charge to cover petrol etc not the amount usually charged (that is what the funeral director said).

Taylor's funeral cost us nothing.

TBH I didn't even want to go.....

People got her flowers and I still have some frozen in my freezer 5 years on.

Taylor's stone - we have to pay £150 every 10 years or they destroy it.

Thank you for explaining why they were appearing in court.

V xxx

i just can't believe the latest turn of events here in this case:( xx

I've just watched the press conference...they weren't even crying...just sniffing,pulling a face and occasionally putting a tissue up to their face...

The police wouldn't arrest them without good cause...xx

I haven't heard anything from the ourside world. Have we heard anything else about this? X

I read that they were trying to pin the blame on Duwayne.

V xx

Neither of them are allowed to attend the childrens funeral on Friday - A decision i glad about.

But I bet the press and and the nosy gits who have never met this family will be there!!

V xx

I'd rather see 'nosy gits' who cared enough to take time off work and show their respect to the children there than parents who they have known all their life and who cared so much they felt it ok to kill them (or at the very best, risk their lives).

Press often aren't allowed on church grounds or cemetery grounds when something like this is going on, so hopefully they won't be there.

Have to admit I too am quite happy they're not allowed to be there during the funeral.

Hmmmm, it is a tough one IMO. I dont believe they killed them intentionally, so I think the prison sentence and moreso the guilt they will carry every single day for the rest of their lives is punishment enough. I think they should at least have a private service with just the two of them and their children, so anger doesnt boil over in the public service.

I remember a few years back, a little girl was killed in Leeds by her Uncle.

She was 2 years old.

Her funeral service was held at a church near my sisters and when we were picking up her 2 eldest from school there were loads of skanks trying to get Yorkshire news to film them.

The were laughing and flashing their tits.

I was horrified but they thought it was hilarious.

It worries me that those types of people will turn up and the whole thing will turn into some kind of ghoulish spectacle.

V xxx

Worth remembering that they are still innocent until found guilty by the courts which is yet to happen. If they do happen to be found innocent then they will never be able to go back in time and attend their funerals. Not sure I would have ever managed to move on had I not attended our boy's funeral.

Worth remembering that they are still innocent until found guilty by the courts which is yet to happen. If they do happen to be found innocent then they will never be able to go back in time and attend their funerals. Not sure I would have ever managed to move on had I not attended our boy's funeral.

Me too, this is exactly what I was thinking about. Funeral's are so important when you are grieving.

And V that is :sick:

If by whatever chance they are proven innocent, it will be such a shame that they weren't allowed at their own children's funeral.

I don't think it should be made public at all, you will get all sorts of crowds in and I don't think thats fair, I understand people wish to pay their respects, but they can do it their own way, I think the actual service should be family and friends that actually knew the children.

Just watching on Sky News.

Those 6 coffins :cry:

V xxx

It was awful wasn't it, so sad to see :cry:

Did you think it was a bit wrong for those that were standing outside (assuming public as family and friends were told to wear bright and bold colours) taking pictures??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->