As a parent is it ok to break the Law?

I have to go with if you dont agree with a law then you should take steps to try and change it, adhering to it in the meantime. I'd say morals and laws are pretty interlocked in general tbh, even if you dont agree with a certain law then by disregarding it and possibly (depending on what it is) making someone else at risk, then you are morally at fault:shrug:

Is taking food into the cinema seriously illegal? Will be going to more drive through cinemas now lol.

Weed smoking annoys the hell outta me too. I dont judge people for smoking it ( same as cigarettes) but the smell :sick: Its one thing when you own a home and do it well out the way but its quite obtrusive if you're say in an apartment. same goes for loud music!

My aunty lives in a flat and her next door neighbour smokes it, the smell comes right under her door and its really upsetting because we have asked him to stop and he doesnt. She hates it so much. I wanna shove a whole tin of air freshner under his door lol

I have to go with if you dont agree with a law then you should take steps to try and change it, adhering to it in the meantime. I'd say morals and laws are pretty interlocked in general tbh, even if you dont agree with a certain law then by disregarding it and possibly (depending on what it is) making someone else at risk, then you are morally at fault:shrug:

Is taking food into the cinema seriously illegal? Will be going to more drive through cinemas now lol.

Weed smoking annoys the hell outta me too. I dont judge people for smoking it ( same as cigarettes) but the smell :sick: Its one thing when you own a home and do it well out the way but its quite obtrusive if you're say in an apartment. same goes for loud music!

My aunty lives in a flat and her next door neighbour smokes it, the smell comes right under her door and its really upsetting because we have asked him to stop and he doesnt. She hates it so much. I wanna shove a whole tin of air freshner under his door lol

Pft, I'd ring the police. He'll get in trouble for possession if nothing else.

nope, I don't think so, even what are seen as 'minor' law breaks ..... smoking weed for example, how can you then tell your child it is wrong if you do it yourself, being a parent is leading by example in my eyes and it seems hypocritical too tell a child it is wrong too do something if you as a parent think it is ok for you too do it

I dunno, thats just how I see it

Pft, I'd ring the police. He'll get in trouble for possession if nothing else.

I said this to her but she said they wont do anything... I said so bloody what call them anyway, make him see she aint messing around!

nope, I don't think so, even what are seen as 'minor' law breaks ..... smoking weed for example, how can you then tell your child it is wrong if you do it yourself, being a parent is leading by example in my eyes and it seems hypocritical too tell a child it is wrong too do something if you as a parent think it is ok for you too do it

I dunno, thats just how I see it

How about not telling your child its wrong? You can tell them its against the law and that many people think its wrong but also that many other people and different cultures do not think its wrong.
I agree that its bad to be a hypocrite therefore I wouldn't (well at least try not to) do things that I also wouldn't be comfortable with Maria doing when she is an adult but if someone is comfortable with their child choosing to smoke weed when they are an adult then its not hypocritical for them to smoke themselves.

but would someone honestly be ok with their child smoking weed when their older?? ooooo I dunno, that just sounds so strange too me

Exactly, i don't mind people smoking it as long as it is away from me and my baby but would they be happy with their own children doing it? Also are we considering the heads up were giving drug dealers? Who may deal other more serious drugs?

but would someone honestly be ok with their child smoking weed when their older?? ooooo I dunno, that just sounds so strange too me

Nobody would be 'ok' with their children smoking weed but if they do, they do and unless that person wants to stop you cant change that.

Children dont follow everything that their parents do.

I shall tell my children that its wrong but even if neither of us smoked (OH does, I dont) they could still be influenced through friends. Its not just how a parent shows themself.

Exactly, i don't mind people smoking it as long as it is away from me and my baby but would they be happy with their own children doing it? Also are we considering the heads up were giving drug dealers? Who may deal other more serious drugs?

That could be controlled if the government made it legal, they make money from fags and alcohol both of which are just as bad, in some circumstances a lot worse. :shrug:
I'm sorry but I still stick to my point, weed is nowhere near in the same category as heroin and cocaine.

May I add, I dont like my OH smoking it but he isnt harming anyone but himself, he doesnt smoke it around me or our children.

That could be controlled if the government made it legal, they make money from fags and alcohol both of which are just as bad, in some circumstances a lot worse. :shrug:
I'm sorry but I still stick to my point, weed is nowhere near in the same category as heroin and cocaine.

May I add, I dont like my OH smoking it but he isnt harming anyone but himself, he doesnt smoke it around me or our children.

This is why i said the drug dealers will be selling other drugs which are considered far more dangerous, i also agree that it should be made legal for many reasons.

If taxed it will benefit our country!
In countries such as Holland it is legal and nobody does it that much! I find amazing, legalise it and it may not be as popular.

The only thing that bothers me about people smoking it is the smell, it nauseates me and makes me feel really ill so i won't have me or LO near it. :)

I would be fine with it as long as she makes the decision for herself based on the facts and doesn't just do it because of peer pressure or something like that.

would you steal a loaf of bread to feed your family? :shrug:

No I wouldn't actually. This country provides plenty money in order to feed your children.

but you never know what sort of situation you'll be in in the future, or indeed what state the country will be in\, i just think it's quite naive to say you'll never do it when you may find yourself in a very complicated situation where breaking a small law seems like the most moral option.

one example, my OH was stabbed in the wrist outside a party after his friends were attacked by a group of notorious thugs, his dad (a policeman) was over the limit but drove to get him straight after it happened, then one of his mates mums took him to A&E. it's a 2 minute drive on slow, straight roads from A to B. what would you have done? :shrug:

one example, my OH was stabbed in the wrist outside a party after his friends were attacked by a group of notorious thugs, his dad (a policeman) was over the limit but drove to get him straight after it happened, then one of his mates mums took him to A&E. it's a 2 minute drive on slow, straight roads from A to B. what would you have done? :shrug:

i would not have drove. Surely a police officer or taxi must have been around. What if a child got killed because of that carelessness!!!

This is why i said the drug dealers will be selling other drugs which are considered far more dangerous, i also agree that it should be made legal for many reasons.

If taxed it will benefit our country!
In countries such as Holland it is legal and nobody does it that much! I find amazing, legalise it and it may not be as popular.

The only thing that bothers me about people smoking it is the smell, it nauseates me and makes me feel really ill so i won't have me or LO near it. :)

I would not be ok with it being legalized. I think if it did become legal, you would have the same problem (the smell) moreso, because it would be out in the open and public. Digusting

i would not have drove. Surely a police officer or taxi must have been around. What if a child got killed because of that carelessness!!!

nope no-one was around - it's a private road (this was outside a house party this group of thugs were attempting to crash) and i know for one thing if my son had gotten stabbed unprovoked i'd be there like a shot, selfish or morally wrong whatever, times like that would be the exception for me. My OHs dad is not reckless or a spontanious man, he is law abiding in every sense and would've considered all other potential options before deciding to go. If you were one or two units over the limit would you honestly say 'sorry son, i can't i've had a couple of glasses of wine, can you just call a taxi?'. i hope to god i'm never in that situation because i detest drink drivers but my gut instinct right now would be that I'd get him.

and as for police, they certainly didn't turn up straight away, they met my OH in ER two hours after it happened :shrug: because the thugs cleared off afterwards it wasn't seen as 'urgent'.

i'm rambling now, but i just wouldn't personally feel comfortable saying to my child that i'm never going to break the law

^^ and that wouldnt be the case if it was legalised, you can easily make a public smoking ban for it (so within private premises much like the normal smoking law in this country) also government could control potency meaning weed would have a far less potent smell anyway. Anyway going back to the bread thing that a PP commented on - you say in this country that they'll help you enough so that you don't need to steal food but the whole debate I assume includes laws of multiple countries not just the UK - because why does the moral value of the parent change if the law does, if its not ok in the UK to break the law under any circumstance than it shouldn't be okay in all cultures - and in poverous countries you may indeed one day have to face the scenario of stealing food to feed your family. I hope that makes sense it's four in the morning and I can't sleep so what I wrote may all be dog poo. Just that I believe there are too many hypothetical situations that make me believe I can't definitively say that I'll never break the law again :flower:

It's pretty rare that someone would die from a slash to the wrist. Worst case sceanrio...use a tournaque. Here's the thing, where I work...I hear excuses up the ying yang for why people break the law...EVERYBODY has a reason. It's quite comical to hear the 'excuses'.

If cannabis was legalised it would go under the public smoking ban like cigarettes so you wouldn't get the smell everywhere. I can't understand why its still illegal anyway, people are pretty stupid not to see what an amazing medicine it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->