As a parent is it ok to break the Law?

mm it's not quite that simple these boys were threatening to come back and kill them, one of his mates had to have his house temporarily under police surveillance 24hours a day as a result of this, another was stabbed in the arm during it and lost 30% mobility of his arm eventually. the only reason they ran off at that point was because one of them needed hospital attention. but okay we'd do different things and i accept that. :)

It's pretty rare that someone would die from a slash to the wrist. Worst case sceanrio...use a tournaque. Here's the thing, where I work...I hear excuses up the ying yang for why people break the law...EVERYBODY has a reason. It's quite comical to hear the 'excuses'.

But people commit suicide that way, a slash deep enough in the right place can sever an artery and kill or cause mobility damage.

I would not be ok with it being legalized. I think if it did become legal, you would have the same problem (the smell) moreso, because it would be out in the open and public. Digusting

You know what i didn't consider this however, perhaps if the same laws were applied as are to smoking? IMO I smell it at least three times a day in the area where i live so i don't think it would make a difference

It's pretty rare that someone would die from a slash to the wrist. Worst case sceanrio...use a tournaque. Here's the thing, where I work...I hear excuses up the ying yang for why people break the law...EVERYBODY has a reason. It's quite comical to hear the 'excuses'.

But people commit suicide that way, a slash deep enough in the right place can sever an artery and kill or cause mobility damage.

I would not be ok with it being legalized. I think if it did become legal, you would have the same problem (the smell) moreso, because it would be out in the open and public. Digusting

You know what i didn't consider this however, perhaps if the same laws were applied as are to smoking? IMO I smell it at least three times a day in the area where i live so i don't think it would make a difference

True, people do die that way...but they let it bleed and die. If you can't get to a hospital...take a string, belt, or anything you can tie or tighten...and that can be a shoelace even...tie it above the cut as tight as you can and it stops blood flow to that limb (although loss of limb is sometimes a consequence). I just think that there are too many 'excuses' floating out there of why to break a law, when in most instances, there really isn't. Can you imagine if we all justified a reason to steal a loaf of bread, drive drunk, and whatever else?! What kind of society would we be? How many of these 'reasons' stand up in court...I will tell you, not very many.

True, people do die that way...but they let it bleed and die. If you can't get to a hospital...take a string, belt, or anything you can tie or tighten...and that can be a shoelace even...tie it above the cut as tight as you can and it stops blood flow to that limb (although loss of limb is sometimes a consequence). I just think that there are too many 'excuses' floating out there of why to break a law, when in most instances, there really isn't. Can you imagine if we all justified a reason to steal a loaf of bread, drive drunk, and whatever else?! What kind of society would we be? How many of these 'reasons' stand up in court...I will tell you, not very many.

I am by no means justifying breaking the law and especially not some of the krappy excuses you hear just wanted to say on that point, stranger smaller things have killed people :thumbup:

However i think its envitable that sometimes we may unknowlingly break lesser known laws. I do not justify theft, murder, rape etc. But i suppose there are always exceptions to the rule and i'm quite sure, no matter how much i preach an eye for an eye will make the world blind, i know, if anyone harmed my family, i probably would retaliate. :thumbup:

I believe in critical thinking and will teach my kids the same.

weed obviously isn't as bad as cocaine or heroin, hence it being a lower class drug, but there's no denying that the money that's made from it is funding criminality. :shrug:

I am not sure why we are all talking about marjuaina now...

Because people can talk about whatever they want to talk about.

It's not a LAW :p

I have to go with if you dont agree with a law then you should take steps to try and change it, adhering to it in the meantime. I'd say morals and laws are pretty interlocked in general tbh, even if you dont agree with a certain law then by disregarding it and possibly (depending on what it is) making someone else at risk, then you are morally at fault:shrug:

See I think that there are some laws that it's almost your moral duty to break. Not ones that are currently in this country, but ones that have been in the past or are currently in other countries. Laws outlawing homosexuality, for example, are laws that are (IMO) morally wrong and civil disobedience (breaking laws) is a justified way of fighting it. When the Egyptians and Libyans rose up in their different ways earlier this year, they were breaking the law, but it was a morally justifiable action. The same with Gandhi and Mandella...

Exactly, i don't mind people smoking it as long as it is away from me and my baby but would they be happy with their own children doing it? Also are we considering the heads up were giving drug dealers? Who may deal other more serious drugs?

That could be controlled if the government made it legal, they make money from fags and alcohol both of which are just as bad, in some circumstances a lot worse. :shrug:
I'm sorry but I still stick to my point, weed is nowhere near in the same category as heroin and cocaine.

May I add, I dont like my OH smoking it but he isnt harming anyone but himself, he doesnt smoke it around me or our children.

This is why i said the drug dealers will be selling other drugs which are considered far more dangerous, i also agree that it should be made legal for many reasons.

If taxed it will benefit our country!
In countries such as Holland it is legal and nobody does it that much! I find amazing, legalise it and it may not be as popular.

The only thing that bothers me about people smoking it is the smell, it nauseates me and makes me feel really ill so i won't have me or LO near it. :)

I agree, I cant stand the smell. I dont have it anywhere near me or my girls but I do think it should be made legal and taxed. It works in Amsterdam it can work here.

Exactly, i don't mind people smoking it as long as it is away from me and my baby but would they be happy with their own children doing it? Also are we considering the heads up were giving drug dealers? Who may deal other more serious drugs?

That could be controlled if the government made it legal, they make money from fags and alcohol both of which are just as bad, in some circumstances a lot worse. :shrug:
I'm sorry but I still stick to my point, weed is nowhere near in the same category as heroin and cocaine.

May I add, I dont like my OH smoking it but he isnt harming anyone but himself, he doesnt smoke it around me or our children.

This is why i said the drug dealers will be selling other drugs which are considered far more dangerous, i also agree that it should be made legal for many reasons.

In countries such as Holland it is legal and nobody does it that much! I find amazing, legalise it and it may not be as popular.

The only thing that bothers me about people smoking it is the smell, it nauseates me and makes me feel really ill so i won't have me or LO near it. :)

Ive been to Amsterdam and thats not the case there. You can easily put things in place
You can have cafes where it can be smoked. It doesnt have to be outside.

weed obviously isn't as bad as cocaine or heroin, hence it being a lower class drug, but there's no denying that the money that's made from it is funding criminality. :shrug:

I dont think anyone here is denying that :shrug:

Ive been to Amsterdam and thats not the case there. You can easily put things in place

Thankfully smoking is banned in cafes, so i don't have to worry about smelling the awful stuff or that it being made legal

Thankfully smoking is banned in cafes, so i don't have to worry about smelling the awful stuff or that it being made legal

Im talking about places to smoke weed not go and sit in there with your kids, this country would benefit hugely from that.

no-one is denying it but really, we all know it's not gonna be legalized. so aslong as you're buying it and smoking it, you're funding ruthless criminals and IMO that's not ok. that's why if OH chooses to do it, he does it elsewhere. i don't want it near me, my kids or my house.

(not you personally)

Funding ruthless criminals? Buying it from home growers is funding ruthless criminals? Thats how its usually done here.

And it most likely will be legalised in the future, the world is moving that way towards it.

Funding ruthless criminals? Buying it from home growers is funding ruthless criminals? Thats how its usually done here.

And it most likely will be legalised in the future, the world is moving that way towards it.

i don't know anyone that grows their own and i know a hell of alot of people that smoke it. my OH was a dealer (caught, charged and sentenced) and i know the kinda things that go on with the people higher up the chain. not pretty!

i don't know anyone that grows their own and i know a hell of alot of people that smoke it. my OH was a dealer (caught, charged and sentenced) and i know the kinda things that go on with the people higher up the chain. not pretty!

I guess things are different here, at least in my city people prefer home growers, in some circles no money is involved at all.

I'll admit to breaking some laws, downloading movies/music, speeding (not excessive), parking where I'm not suppose to.

I have just bought a media player for my Great Uncle, he's in care home, doesn't leave his bed (physically can't), doesn't leave his room, all he's got is the TV. He has loads of DVDs but he has rely on staff to come & change it. Now, I put 20 movies on a memory stick which he can now watch what he wants when he wants, giving him a bit of independence. Yes it's illegal but he now has a bit better quality of life.

With regards to the comment of stealing bread to feed my family, then I'm sorry to say but too bloody right I would steal bread if it meant my family wouldn't starve. Luckily I live in a country that would mean I wouldn't have to but some countries don't have that luxury.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->