asda 2in1 gel had ruined our clothes :(

emilyjade

mummy of two!
Reaction score
we bought the new asda 2in1 washing gel to try because it smelt nice :lol: Washed our colour load and all the clothes came out stained orange :wacko: im so annoyed with them, surely they test these new products?! My washer is a 9kg drum and it was full so its ruined all our clothes
spoke to asda customer care and they basically said we can do anything until 30days time as thats how long it takes for the product to be tested, if the results dont show anything significant they can do anything and we are completely down. A huge load of washing ruined and a whole bottle of washing gel :dohh:

Oh no!!
Have you tried washing it all again with another brand to salvage some of your clothes?
I hope you get some compensation.

OMG thats shocking!! I deffo wont be buying that!! I really hope you get some kind of compensation for it!!! Are they just testing that brand or are they testing the actual one you used?? I hope its your one as all the bottles arent going to be made up of the same batch!!!

yes we have already tried that redlily with no success :(

I would tell them you will be taking them to trading standards and reporting it to the local paper if you aren't sufficiently compensated - it isn't fit for purpose!

OMG thats shocking!! I deffo wont be buying that!! I really hope you get some kind of compensation for it!!! Are they just testing that brand or are they testing the actual one you used?? I hope its your one as all the bottles arent going to be made up of the same batch!!!

i have to take mine back to asda along with some of the clothes its ruined so they can see whats happened. They will test mine and if theres a problem he said they will have to recall the whole batch.

Im going to take it tomorrow but im going to only leave a little bit in the bottle im not sending the whole thing because if that comes back fine someone else will use it! x

I would tell them you will be taking them to trading standards and reporting it to the local paper if you aren't sufficiently compensated - it isn't fit for purpose!

i said id be consulting my solicitor in the morning and he kept saying im sorry Miss ******* theres nothing i can do, my hands are tied :growlmad: I asked to speak to his manager but apparently none was available, yeah right!

OMG that's horrid. They should have made sure it was safe to use on the clothes...urgh!

That's terrible. I hope you get compensated

Terrible! Can you soak the clothes in Vanish? Usually gets rid of stains for me.

is it from the colouring in the liquid? I always wondered what happens to the dye in that they use to colour the stuff, it must surely go somewhere!

My mum had a similar problem with a product about 15 years years ago called persil power; it was a very fine washing powder that you put into a ball and put in the drum-it was meant to be suitable for all colours but my mum washed pretty much all her clothes in the one wash with it and it took the dye out of most of them leaving them patchy and blotchy. When she complained persil tried to claim her clothes musn't be colourfast even though she had no problems with any other product, there was a lot of back and forth and my mum did contact trading standards and in the end persil sent her about £100 in compensation; not long after the product was discontinued which makes me think they must've had a lot of complaints

Just found this article on wikipedia and looks like they had serious complaints and many people actually took them to court

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persil_Power

xx

If you let the gel sit on the clothes for too long before switching the washing machine on, then they won't be able to do anything, but as long as you put the water on instantly they should sort something out for you! xx

i load the clothes, in put the gel in the container then switch it on, havent got time to mess around lol. Took the clothes into asda to show them like i was told and they have sent them off with the gel. Still being told it shall take 30 days :(

My mum had a similar problem with a product about 15 years years ago called persil power; it was a very fine washing powder that you put into a ball and put in the drum-it was meant to be suitable for all colours but my mum washed pretty much all her clothes in the one wash with it and it took the dye out of most of them leaving them patchy and blotchy. When she complained persil tried to claim her clothes musn't be colourfast even though she had no problems with any other product, there was a lot of back and forth and my mum did contact trading standards and in the end persil sent her about £100 in compensation; not long after the product was discontinued which makes me think they must've had a lot of complaints

Just found this article on wikipedia and looks like they had serious complaints and many people actually took them to court

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persil_Power

xx

my grandma told me about this last night!

omg that terrible could you just run the machine again with no detergent at all something similar happend to me though once all my stuff got dyed blue i kept washing and washing the stain eventually came out but the stuff had been washed that many times it had started to go bobbly so was near ruined anyway :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->